Timo_Greenwold

I won a Anshan, but really do not need it

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

29 posts in this topic

I won a Anshan and 10 point captain from a super container. It has those slow turning turrets, which I do not like.

I have one and really like it - it was great for ranked. Check the camo it has 100% free xp bonus. So I would suggest doing some research see if you can make it work for you - play with captain skills and modules. If not, you can sell it later if you are desperate for coin.

Also, the Pan Asian DDs are coming so it can be used as a trainer.

26 minutes ago, Timo_Greenwold said:

I won a Anshan and 10 point captain from a super container. It has those slow turning turrets, which I do not like.

Just slap expert marksman on it, should be fine. Otherwise, may I have your luck?

I got a Anshan from a super container the week after last X-mas. Was really thrilled to get something good from a SC. Than I played the ship and decided it wasn't very special. Those slow turning turrets were a pain and the ship needed more skills than a 10 point captain could get to be fun to play. 

But I stuck with it, not willing to let this ship conquer me. By the time this past season of rank hit I had 17 point captain in her. I took a deep breath said a prayer and hit the Rank Battle button with my Anshan. 

After 138 battles mostly in the Anshan I ranked out sailing this little monster. If you go find the Flamu Anshan video he put up for this past season of rank and build your captain to his recommendation the ship becomes a joy to play. The Anshan is a good little boat, she isn't over powered and with the right captain skills she isn't under powered either. 

Also with the coming of the Pan Asian Tree that ship and captain will come in handy if you are interested in a line of clone dds lol. 

I wish that I could get lucky enough to win a nice premium ship in a super-container. I always seem to get stuff that doesn't excite me much, or things that are kinda nice, but again not all that exciting (a decent pile of credits or free XP, or a nice chunk, like 1k, of doubloons).

I brought mien when it 1st came out and kept Mine ....... 

OK, then sell it. I could't care less as it's entirely your loss. 

Spoiler

Or you could give it a try, learn to play it, realize it's a great ship and stop crying about winning a free ship.

Seriously, I would be happy with any Premium ship I would get from an SC. Be it a Smith, a Marblehead or a Hood. Free ship is free ship, and definitely of more use to me than 50 St. Patricks camos

It's a premium, NEVER sell a premium, especially one you got so cheaply... Neve know when it might prove useful.

What's an SC? :Smile_teethhappy:

Now has been over 300 containers opened since I last saw one. :Smile_amazed:

1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

I got a Anshan from a super container the week after last X-mas. Was really thrilled to get something good from a SC. Than I played the ship and decided it wasn't very special. Those slow turning turrets were a pain and the ship needed more skills than a 10 point captain could get to be fun to play. 

But I stuck with it, not willing to let this ship conquer me. By the time this past season of rank hit I had 17 point captain in her. I took a deep breath said a prayer and hit the Rank Battle button with my Anshan. 

After 138 battles mostly in the Anshan I ranked out sailing this little monster. If you go find the Flamu Anshan video he put up for this past season of rank and build your captain to his recommendation the ship becomes a joy to play. The Anshan is a good little boat, she isn't over powered and with the right captain skills she isn't under powered either. 

Also with the coming of the Pan Asian Tree that ship and captain will come in handy if you are interested in a line of clone dds lol. 

okay, I will do that.

5 minutes ago, Timo_Greenwold said:

okay, I will do that.

Here is the video I referenced. I didn't have the skill points for Radio Location and frankly I was able to do well with out it. Even figured out how to mess with the ship that did have it. Hope this helps. 

Anshan is a good ship.  It's not going to hurt anything sitting in your port, and there are more Pan-Asian ships coming in the future, so even if you don't play the anshan, that 10-point captain might be very useful.

I won a few Lo Yangs and Anshans from Santa crates.  I don't play either of them much, but Ill keep them... the 10pt captains were a nice bonus even if I dont need them right now.

B

It has Russian gun arcs and 8 km torpedoes at tier 6.  6.3km detection, 14.4k HP and 38 knots are all good for the tier. With its the long range AA, I have the MB2 module on it for 26.1 degrees. Once I make it to 12 points I will add EM as well. As it is you just need to be circumspect in caps, but can otherwise gunboat with it rather nicely.

13 hours ago, Timo_Greenwold said:

Timo it is best not to sell a premium ship even if you will never play it. When you get a super container, it checks to see what ships you have in port and gives you something you do not have. You sell that Anshan, may end up winning it again and that would suck. Unless you are just desperate for credits and a port slot, just let it rot in port. Who knows you may change your mind about it one day. I actually bought the damn thing, the reviews were favorable about it. Playing it sucks sweaty balls. 

Edited by Taylor3006

When I discovered I can switch the Anshan to 8 km torpedoes, it not so bad to play. I have 4 other destroyers, that I like to use, so rot in port it shall.

Give someone something for free and see how much they appreciate it versus charge someone money for it and see how they work to utilize it and appreciate it.  

The anshan is ridiculously good.  Easily get 66% WR on it. 

i won my Anshan with 10 pts cpt from a SC too. I like it a lot. Very good and versatile DD. The turrets were really boring to deal with, but after i got EM my Anshan became much better. 

Anshan is one of the best playing ships I own.  I do have some of the most memorable games from it.  Either I go out and dominate or I get deleted quicker than anyone else.  Hey, I got it and the Lo Yang a long time ago when they first were released.  I enjoy both.  I play the Anshan more.  I like its guns alot.  She aint super fast and her concealment could be better as well as the turret traverse being utter garbage unless you spec you ship and captain for better traverse, She is still laser beam accurate and a great standoff DD.  Her 8 km torps catch a lot of players unaware too.

Anshan with a decent captain is probably the strongest T6 DD in the game right now. 

Its really flexible too.  Random I like to run a typical AFT build and play it like a Russian gun boat with good stealth.  Last ranked season I dropped AFT for RPF and motored around hunting isolated enemy DDs and flanking the off cap. 

It's even better now that there will be a tech tree DD line for you to use the captain on at least part of it.

On 8/19/2017 at 11:10 AM, Timo_Greenwold said:

Sounds like a first world problem.