You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MasterDiggs

Has anyone kept the Nurnberg

51 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
557 posts
4,938 battles

Just a bit of curiosity, have any of you who have progressed past the Nurnberg kept it and do any of you still play it? 

I am tempted to keep the Nurnberg just to have a light cruiser laying around because I am not interested in playing the other cruiser lines right now.   

Members
1,663 posts
8,953 battles

Hey

I have kept my Nurnberg and I still run it quite a bit.  Even though she can be fragile, she is still a lot of fun and have had some great game with her.  It will have a permanent place in my inventory.  To be honest though, at tier 6, she has been replaced with my new favorite, the Graf Spee.  Nurnberg will not be a port queen though.

Pete

[HINON]
Supertester
3,924 posts
5,429 battles

Nurnberg is a fun ship. I kept mine for a while after I moved onto the Yorck. You'll make no mistake by keeping her.

[-ARP-]
Supertester
11,947 posts
4,228 battles

Nope. Only Tech Tree Tier 6 I still have is Cleveland and that's mainly just for Operations.

Edited by Goose21891

[HINON]
Modder, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, WoWS Wiki Editor
6,590 posts
4,210 battles

I'll re buy her eventually, right now I'm stockpiling credits for a couple T7s and a couple upcoming T9s down the road.

[STAR]
Members
2,937 posts
8,061 battles

For some reason i loved the Konigsberg and hated the Nurnberg. If i would kept one would be Konigsberg. 

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
18,027 posts
18,630 battles
25 minutes ago, Xlap said:

For some reason i loved the Konigsberg and hated the Nurnberg. If i would kept one would be Konigsberg. 

I won't say that I "hated" the N-berg, but I did prefer the K-berg.  I think that the primary reason is that they fire the same shells, and those shells are more effective when the max tier is tier 7 rather than tier 8.

• Cool 1

Members
3,594 posts
7,145 battles

One of those (few) ships I'm purple in over 70 battles so she is a keeper. Now that her rear turrets can full rotate forward from side to side things are even better. A fun ship for her tier.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,181 posts
12,174 battles

I love and kept (for a while) the Königsberg because I loved the 360º rear turrets. But the Nürnberg (at the time) didn't have those so I had no interest in keeping her. Maybe I will give her another try someday.

[RLGN]
Members
9,114 posts
18,391 battles

Didn't like it really, but kept it, (notably, I haven't chosen to go past it yet,) but since it got the 360 rear turret buff, I'm liking it a lot more.

[STAR]
Members
2,937 posts
8,061 battles
23 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I won't say that I "hated" the N-berg, but I did prefer the K-berg.  I think that the primary reason is that they fire the same shells, and those shells are more effective when the max tier is tier 7 rather than tier 8.

It might be that. Also Nurnberg is bigger and slower than Konigsberg. So its easier to hit. 

[MLPVA]
Members
197 posts
3,031 battles

I kept my Nürnberg, running the C-Hull sidegrade exclusively for those rare moments of sky cancer, and I don't use torpedoes often enough in her to justify keeping the two extra launchers from the B-Hull. She's a gorgeous ship, and the recent turret and HE buffs have really gone a long way in helping her out. I ran her this last ranked season, too. Definitely not going to get rid of her.

Members
40 posts
6,800 battles
56 minutes ago, DarfTarts421 said:

. I ran her this last ranked season, too. Definitely not going to get rid of her.

Used in Ranked this season too with some pretty good results.  Also used in Operations where she for the most part has been pretty deadly. Im keeping.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,575 posts
10,207 battles

Kept her for ranked, and I have used her in operations. Very flexible ship.

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
5,086 battles
On 8/19/2017 at 11:38 AM, Xlap said:

What this guy said.

• Cool 1

Members
1,217 posts
7,368 battles
On 8/19/2017 at 11:38 AM, Xlap said:

1 minute ago, Nimitz_1701 said:

What this guy said.

+1

N-berg is the same ship as K-berg, just one tier higher. Keep the 5, it plays better,

Members
187 posts
12,520 battles

Aye, 1k+ battles on mine with over 1 million exp :cap_wander_2: on her. She is also my queen of death with 626 random peasants slaughtered and 488 enemy pawns defeated in team battles. She carries the first capt I got to 19 pt. I think it's safe to say few have played the glass shredded more than I, as such she has earned a permanent spot in my port.

• Cool 1

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
8,951 battles

This ship and I never got along.  It felt like a side-grade from the K-berg rather than an upgrade.  Couldn't sell her fast enough.

[VIKNG]
Beta Testers
378 posts
6,233 battles

While I initially sold her as I progressed to the Yorck and now Hipper, I just recently bought her back after the turret buff and even put the premium camo on her. I know she's extremely squishy, but I just like her. That rate of Fire and now the Caliber/4 HE penetration are just fun. At least to me.

How, the Hipper is a whole other story. She sure could use a RoF buff, given that she only has eight guns and meh HE.

Members
4,083 posts
15,012 battles

N-berg's a good ship but I didn't drive her very much after I got the Graf Spee and De Grasse.

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:47 PM, ThomasFranz67 said:

While I initially sold her as I progressed to the Yorck and now Hipper, I just recently bought her back after the turret buff and even put the premium camo on her. I know she's extremely squishy, but I just like her. That rate of Fire and now the Caliber/4 HE penetration are just fun. At least to me.

How, the Hipper is a whole other story. She sure could use a RoF buff, given that she only has eight guns and meh HE.

Hipper/Prinz Eugen are damn gud botes. Their RoF might not be awesome but it's faster shooting than Atago's. And those ships (PE/Hipper) are very tough, like all the Tier 7 and up German Cruisers. My only real gripe about the tier 7 and up German Cruisers is their high detectability range.

Members
235 posts
3,187 battles

I'm no unicrom, but, I'll be keeping both the K and N in my port, the N-Berg is one of my better ships with a 58+ % win rate.  I should just play it more often.  The Yorck and I aren't getting along at the moment, still working on the proper play mode to maximize my life and usefulness to the team in this one.  I like the range advantage over the Cleveland and most other cruisers I come up against.  Oh an don't forget the accurate guns.  Just be conscious of showing your broadside to maximize how many guns you bring to the fight.    

Members
1,663 posts
8,953 battles
On 11/1/2017 at 10:56 AM, HayabusaZ said:

I'm no unicrom, but, I'll be keeping both the K and N in my port, the N-Berg is one of my better ships with a 58+ % win rate.  I should just play it more often.  The Yorck and I aren't getting along at the moment, still working on the proper play mode to maximize my life and usefulness to the team in this one.  I like the range advantage over the Cleveland and most other cruisers I come up against.  Oh an don't forget the accurate guns.  Just be conscious of showing your broadside to maximize how many guns you bring to the fight.    

Hey

Ah the Yorck; the most polarizing ship in the German cruiser line.  I played her from range, spamming He on everything until I got within 8 km or less, and if your up against a cruiser, then switch to AP and do complete damage since it hits very hard and can citadel.  You can do close up damage to BB's with the AP too, but if you bow on, you can tank a fair bit of damage (your still a cruiser though) and never forget your 6 km torps on BB's.  Usually though, stay at range or sail with a BB, putting him between you and the enemy DD and spam HE.  The part I hated with Yorck the most was the slow turret rotation even with E.M., drove me crazy for dodging and weaving.  It's an ok ship otherwise but it gets better, my personal favorite is Roon, even over Hindy, simply because of how it handles like a sports car.

Pete

[LRM]
Members
260 posts
3,229 battles
On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:08 AM, MasterDiggs said:

Just a bit of curiosity, have any of you who have progressed past the Nurnberg kept it and do any of you still play it? 

I am tempted to keep the Nurnberg just to have a light cruiser laying around because I am not interested in playing the other cruiser lines right now.   

I love my Nurnburg; I rate it just behind my battleship, er, I mean cruiser Molotov at T6.  The Nurnburg can put a lot of steel on target due to her ROF of 10 RPM, has those very convenient 360-degree rotating turrets, and if you don't sell the "B" hull, you can choose whether to run a ship with 4 torp launchers at hull "B", or one with improved AAA at hull "C", just by swapping them back and forth.  She's got the most powerful 6" guns in the game, and the fastest firing.  Why sell it when it can do so much?

Peace

[PVE]
Members
557 posts
4,938 battles

True, I decided to keep it and I used it to knock out a couple of the scenarios. Her HE and AP are both good and I have actually gotten a lot better in her despite using a lower ranking commander in her. I researched the C hull but I have never mounted it. I like having the torps for shooting smoke campers. Getting deleted on occasion is much less annoying now that I am not grinding through it and don't care how much XP I get and at T6 I don't loose 50k of silver for getting sniped like hipper does.

I did sell the yorck though. AP was pathetic and only having one real choice of shells was a big buzzkill.

Sold the hipper also. It just wasn't fun when bottom tier and that happened like 80% of the time.

So far I love the roon.