You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Psicopro

Off the wall terrible ideas that should never come to pass.

51 comments in this topic

[SKI] nightrider760 16
113 posts
3,968 battles
5 hours ago, Psicopro said:

With the set of games last night that I had I was pretty salty.  I got to thinking about terrible ideas that would be fun to do once, but would be terrible ideas to implement.  Thought it might be a fun distraction from the IFHE change getting everyone salty today, so sharing.

Goal:

- Give me the absolute worst gaming change imaginable.  I am looking for funny, wacky, off the wall ideas that have no chance of seeing the light of day.  Then explain why it would be a terrible idea. Example.

Example:

When you see 4 or 5 BB's on your own team sitting behind a mountain being ineffective in the same damn square, I wish just once I could drop a tactical nuclear warhead on that square they are occupying just to get the game over faster.  This would make you yellow, not pink, for 5 games.

Benefits:

- It would look cool.

- You would put 4 [edited] out of their misery faster.

- Satisfies my desire to kill them myself.  The reds get the win, they shouldn't get to kill the folks who won the game for them too.

Drawbacks:  Said [edited] would have nukes too.  Likely world of warships would turn into defcon before a game could start.  

Chance of going wrong:  100%.  Terrible idea.

Example:

Attach a space rocket to the Khabarovsk in place of it's speed booster.  When activates, increases speed to 120 knots and turns the ship into a missile - lasts 2 minutes.  Upon impact, you have the chance of your momentum carrying you 100 yards before stopping and exploding in a fireball.  Any ship you hit counts as a RAM kill.

Benefits:

You are the world's first guided missile destroyer.  Literally.  The Japanese are annoyed they didn't think of it first.

Drawbacks:

The Khab doesn't need more buffs ~.~.

Chance of going wrong:  0%, totally balanced comrade.

If you Nuc. them it should be magenta not yellow (i.e. the color of a radiation sign)

[MIA-C] Grizley 1,354
6,295 posts
4,051 battles
4 hours ago, SeanPwnery said:

Russian Alfa's (42 knots!) or Typhoon's

Swedish Gotlunds (with their hull mounted mines)

vs fleet.

Pretty obvious wut I did tharr...

I'd be a lot more scared if they added a 686.  The Alfa might be faster but you hear it coming miles away.  The 686 the first you know about an enemy sub being around is when torpedos start hitting...

1,898 posts
6,487 battles

Give Khabarovsk permanent engine boost, buff her base speed to 48 knots, half her reload speed, beef her fish to 80 knots and 20km range while keeping their current damage and stealth, and increase her max health to double that of a GK. Totally balanced 

1,898 posts
6,487 battles
3 hours ago, Psicopro said:

Example:

New consumable for the Großer Kurfürst.  Hulk smash.  Once per game if you are torpedoed and flooding, engage Hulk Smash to obtain the following benefits.

- Grow very large green arms from each side of the ship.

- Arms will grab the ship that torpedo'ed you.  Doesn't work on Aircraft Carriers.

- While holding the ship (12 seconds), smash the next closest ship to you your position with the ship you are holding.  12km range.  Does 4k damage per hit to both ships.  2 sec per hit.

- At end of cooldown, toss ship at enemy ship moving the slowest currently.  If it hits, counts as a ram kill.

Benefits:

Come on, hulk smash?!  Think of how amazed the destroyer that thought he was getting an easy torp kill is going to be.  Imagine the stationary bow in BB's face as his buddy comes flying into his superstructure for a RAM kill.  It almost makes up for all of the fire damage you are about to take from the British MegaZao.

Drawbacks:

None whatsoever, this skill is amazing.  And it guarantees at least 15 more forum posts from complaining dd players.  Who doesn't want that?!

Chance of going wrong:  25%, chance of going wrong is coded to match torpedo protection.  Because balance.

What if you ate fish from a Fletcher and by the time you realized you were gonna eat his fish he was like 16km away and undetected 

[MIA-C] Grizley 1,354
6,295 posts
4,051 battles

Example:  Iowa and Montana gain a third shell type.  The W19 shells.

Benefit: If a pesky enemy is hiding in smoke, behind an island, in a battleship, or simply making the terrible mistake of being on the red team you can make them and all of their friends for kilometers around disappear in a mushroom cloud.

Drawbacks:  Drawing the mushroom cloud might causes crashes on low end systems.

Chance of going wrong: 50%  What happens when BB mains find themselves exclusively in 12v12 BB only matches?  Who do they whine about?  If they whine about BBs does WG cater to BBs by... nerfing BBs?

100 posts
5,034 battles

Russia T10 BB:

Speed of Khab

Concealment of Kagero

Armor scheme and health of Kurt Furst

Rudder shift of Sims

AA of Montana

3 x 5 Shima Torps with US Smith reload

4 x 3 Yamato guns with Minatour reload

Bismarck secondaries

Radar consumable with Russian cruiser range and US cruiser duration

German T10 Hydro

US DD Smoke

Unlimited Defensive fire

US repair party

UK T10 cruiser heal

Both catapult fighter and spotter aircraft

This ship should be perfectly balance

[-QP-] m373x 1,070
3,505 posts
10,350 battles

Give Shimakaze an oversized anti-terrorist squad. Just because.

AqwRtyd.jpg

[PLPTE] Psicopro 184
831 posts
3,706 battles
3 hours ago, nightrider760 said:

If you Nuc. them it should be magenta not yellow (i.e. the color of a radiation sign)

How will I tell the difference?  Would need to be more purple than pink to not be confused with a mere normal teamkiller.  Fair enough, we shall amend the project =).

[PLPTE] Psicopro 184
831 posts
3,706 battles
3 hours ago, FireAndHEspam said:

What if you ate fish from a Fletcher and by the time you realized you were gonna eat his fish he was like 16km away and undetected 

Grab the nearby Gearing instead, that is why we made them slower than the Fletcher.  Duh.

[PLPTE] Psicopro 184
831 posts
3,706 battles
3 hours ago, m373x said:

Give Shimakaze an oversized anti-terrorist squad. Just because.

AqwRtyd.jpg

I like it.  They can sneak up and board a DD that actually has guns so that they can contest a cap.

894 posts
3,247 battles
8 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

100 schnellbotes vs 5 Atlanta's.

OMG I LIKE it! lol......................

[PLPTE] Psicopro 184
831 posts
3,706 battles
2 hours ago, Viper5delta said:

That's what I love about the Japanese.  Their cartoons are so understated.

[MGM] bacononaboat 81
447 posts
5,321 battles
10 hours ago, Psicopro said:

With the set of games last night that I had I was pretty salty.  I got to thinking about terrible ideas that would be fun to do once, but would be terrible ideas to implement.  Thought it might be a fun distraction from the IFHE change getting everyone salty today, so sharing.

Goal:

- Give me the absolute worst gaming change imaginable.  I am looking for funny, wacky, off the wall ideas that have no chance of seeing the light of day.  Then explain why it would be a terrible idea. Example.

Example:

When you see 4 or 5 BB's on your own team sitting behind a mountain being ineffective in the same damn square, I wish just once I could drop a tactical nuclear warhead on that square they are occupying just to get the game over faster.  This would make you yellow, not pink, for 5 games.

Benefits:

- It would look cool.

- You would put 4 [edited] out of their misery faster.

- Satisfies my desire to kill them myself.  The reds get the win, they shouldn't get to kill the folks who won the game for them too.

Drawbacks:  Said [edited] would have nukes too.  Likely world of warships would turn into defcon before a game could start.  

Chance of going wrong:  100%.  Terrible idea.

Example:

Attach a space rocket to the Khabarovsk in place of it's speed booster.  When activates, increases speed to 120 knots and turns the ship into a missile - lasts 2 minutes.  Upon impact, you have the chance of your momentum carrying you 100 yards before stopping and exploding in a fireball.  Any ship you hit counts as a RAM kill.

Benefits:

You are the world's first guided missile destroyer.  Literally.  The Japanese are annoyed they didn't think of it first.

Drawbacks:

The Khab doesn't need more buffs ~.~.

Chance of going wrong:  0%, totally balanced comrade.

You strike again! I love this lololololololol

[FAE] BlailBlerg 256
1,459 posts
1,812 battles

Example:

When a DD or a CA (but not a BB) fires torps, they're detected like they fired guns.  (Or for the rest of the game, not much different rite?)

Benefits:

No more BaBBy whine. 

Drawbacks:

I DONT SEE ANY

Chance of going wrong:  0%, rename the game to world of BBs. 

Oh wait I got a better one.  Remove torps. 

[NMKJT] KiyoSenkan 5,340
17,354 posts
3,741 battles

Leviathans_Slider5.gif

New game mode sponsored by Catalyst Games.

[MGM] bacononaboat 81
447 posts
5,321 battles

Example:

Carriers get the option of carrying two spare destroyers on their deck.

Benefits:

- Two Gearings strapped to a Midway that can't be damaged and act as extra deck armor

- Extra AA

- A floating barge that is made of secondaries that goes 33 knots

- Stealth of a Gearing

- MUUUURICCAAA F**** YEAH

Drawbacks

- Hard to launch planes

Chance of Success: 0% duh

[-QP-] Reymu 487
4,168 posts
6,426 battles

TB and DB get reloaded mid-air 20 seconds after dropping. Awesome because now CVs get BB-level reloads and much-needed buff to strike power!

Bad because weak AA and attack angles allow them to smash with impunity.

[KOZ] AirshipCanon 374
1,473 posts
1,152 battles
  • We have decided the Khab is underperforming. To rectify this, for 30000 EXP you can now upgrade its Torpedoes to the VA-111 Shkval.This should improve its performance against Battleships.
  • The Kitakami has been reintroduced. This Tier 8 Premium Japanese Cruiser is armed with 40 Torpedoes.
Edited by AirshipCanon

315 posts
1,269 battles
2 hours ago, AraAragami said:

Leviathans_Slider5.gif

New game mode sponsored by Catalyst Games.

That pic reminds me of Steel Empire for the Genesis :).

OT: A Russian BB that has Yamoto sized guns but more accurate and higher krupp, the best armor in tier, and 80% torp damage reduction. Oh wait I just described the future tier 10 Russian BB Nm that totally will happen.

[FOXEH] comtedumas 135
1,129 posts
3,400 battles

USS On Golden Pond, who's decks are awash and the guns are so low they can skip AP shells across the sea (at 10km) into belts with a +40 penetration bonus.  

Edited by comtedumas

[FOXEH] comtedumas 135
1,129 posts
3,400 battles
9 hours ago, nightrider760 said:

I

Edited by comtedumas