dashtardly

Confused about British Battleships - Mission: Hype

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

12 posts in this topic

So the posted mission description says that the week 1 reward is "Blueprint 1" which will turn into a port slot and a ship when released (if you get all three blueprints).  However, I just completed UK Battle Mission III, and my reward was a flag "Front View" - commemorative flag for participation in the HMS Battleships event.

How do I know that I have received "Blueprint 1" or is this a bug or an inaccuracy in the mission description?

I think the blueprints are actually flags? I remember reading somewhere that they are mountable.

The flags are the blueprints. You have completed the mission and gotten the blueprint and a flag representing the blueprint.

"Blueprint 1: Tier III HMS Bellerophon  + Port Slot
Blueprint 2: Tier IV HMS Orion + Port Slot
Blueprint 3: Tier V HMS Iron Duke + Port Slot + Iron Duke Flag

When Update 0.6.10 arrives, the blueprints will be swapped out for the prizes above! "

It's called poor planning, reusing an existing collection (Flags) to add a new item, rather than actually bother with another interface.

8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

It's called poor planning, reusing an existing collection (Flags) to add a new item, rather than actually bother with another interface.

Yes, it was very confusing hence my question since they could have put a NOTE on the web site explaining what they did. My suspicions is that it is actually "hidden" and their server code "knows" you have earned it even if the client can't show it.

Someone suggested "The flags are the blueprints" but that's an assumption since there's nothing that tells you that.  They could have put a note in the flag description that "the other side of the flag is a blueprint for Tier III HMS Bellerophon".

As long as they don't give us more useless captains.

I rather buy my way up the tiers than be saddled with three more zero-point captains; even if I can just dismiss them.

How are you supposed to do stage 3? 

10 fires and 50k torp damage? 

UK ships shoot AP and the ones with HE don't have torps, unless the gallant 

is required?

I get no progress on stage 3

12 minutes ago, lentil_soup said:

is required?

you can use any ships they don't have to be British as long as they meet the tier requirements I used Tripitz

Edited by nightrider760

11 minutes ago, lentil_soup said:

is required?

You aren't limited to UK ships.

OK, on to week 1 mission V.  The web site says "Destroy two enemy ships and deal 100,00 damage to enemy ships over any number of battles", however, the in-game mission reads as follows:

In one battle,

Cause 100000 HP of damage to ships

Destroy 2 ships

I'm on this mission, and since I just did a game in my Leader and destroyed 2 ships (but only 42K damage) and the mission shows as no progress it looks like the web site description does not match what was coded (since mission III you could do the damage and torp hits over a number of games and it would show progress).