borbeck

HMS Dreadnought release date?

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

29 posts in this topic

If you're asking why Bellerophon is the Tier 3 and not Dreadnought, it's because Dreadnought had no torpedo belt and no secondaries as built.

Her cousin, Bellerophon, is coming as the tree tier 3 ship, she is just like HMS Dreadnought, but we haven't heard anything about her.

19 minutes ago, borbeck said:

Dreadnought needs to be a tier 2.

And how, pray tell, would that work?

We already have the Pre-dreadnought Mikasa at Tier 2, and they had to hit its main guns pretty hard with the neft bat, and it only had 4 12" guns.

How hard would you have to hit a ship with 10 more powerful 12" guns to fit it at Tier 2?

Mikasa at Tier 2 has bad guns, played my nephew's account and the ship sucked bad.  Mikasais very easy to kill. Dreadnought belongs at tier 2 based on history. The only people that would play it are hard core naval history types anyway.

All pre dreadnought to tier 1 and 2, the exception being Dreadnought.

Edited by borbeck

If a neft bat is used on Dreadnought, I can guarantee atleast 20 members will be less than willing to spend money and just play there accounts when other options are not working at the time.

I am presuming the Bellerophon will be the Dreadnought substitute in WoWs.

I've listed out many other pre-dreadnought options for lower tiers, along with a battlecruiser (Goeben), and other dreadnoughts:

The release and tier set up confuses me. World of Warplanes and Tanks both suck bad. I thought World of Warships would be different. The fact that predreadnought and coastal defense ships are not included at tier 1 and 2 , blows my mind.

25 minutes ago, borbeck said:

The Bellerophon-class design was a slightly larger and improved version of the revolutionary preceding HMS Dreadnought, with better underwater protection and a more powerful secondary armament. So Dreadnought is a good fit for tier 2.

You still haven't covered how you would balance a ship with 10 12" guns, 27 76mm guns, 21 kt speed, and 279mm of belt armor at Tier 2.

As all ways a game evolves.People learn to play and use team work. After awhile the game runs the course set for it and dies with out using out side help. People vote with there money. After buying my nephew the Mikasa and playing it, I will never buy it for my self. Mikasa is not balanced at all. At the higher tiers , I can pin any dd or cruiser, 1 on 1. 

Lord Nelson class = The 12 inch guns were a new, more powerful, 45-calibre type. They and their turrets were the same as those carried by the revolutionary Dreadnought. Indeed, the completion of Lord Nelson and Agamemnon was delayed when their main battery guns and mountings were diverted to Dreadnought to expedite her completion in 1906. 

Armament:

After i saw that Bellerophon would be the first RN BB i tought that HMS Dreadnought would be a premium, and would be released with the RN BB. And that would be nice. But so far i didnt heard nothing about Dreadnought. So if they are going to release its not going to be soon.

13 hours ago, _Luna said:

You still haven't covered how you would balance a ship with 10 12" guns, 27 76mm guns, 21 kt speed, and 279mm of belt armor at Tier 2.

It wouldn't as it's fit for Tier 3, even without the torp improvement that Bellerophon has.

Another prime collector's item dreadnought for WoWs has to be Viribus Unitis which mounted twelve 12" guns in four turrets and twelve casemate 150mm secondaries, modest AA and four 530mm torpedo tubes. To my mind this clearly outclasses the existing German dreadnought König Albert and could possibly appear in Tier 4.

I would think dreadnaught might become a give away premium like mikasa.     (with option to buy)  probably t3 though unless it gets big nerf to ROF.     wonder where invincibles would fit in  :D.  

Dreadnought would not be a Tier 2 because it is a dreadnought, gave the type its name obviously.  Initial dreadnoughts are Tier III.  The only battleship lower than Tier III is Mikasa, a predreadnought.  The final Lord Nelson's may have been completed after Dreadnought, but they were in no way a match for her.

You have yet to give any supporting argument for HMS Dreadnought to be a Tier II.  She has ten 12" rifles in the same layout as HMS Bellerophon, is faster than Kawachi or South Carolina at 21 knots and has decent armor.  She would utterly crush any Tier II ship in the game that wasn't capable of ambushing her with torpedoes from stealth.  What part of that sounds like a Tier II ship?

Edited by Helstrem

You have yet to give any supporting argument for HMS Dreadnought not to be a Tier II. If there is some unwritten rule about it then fine. As a t3, there will be no reason to buy Dreadnought. I have not heard one logical argument as to why it would not be a t2. She was designed to utterly crush any ship  that wasn't capable of ambushing her with torpedoes from stealth.

Any of the ships I mention could be traded for xp with out the outrageous out lay of hard cash, if WG could see the benefit. 

T1  Swiftsure class 

T2 Lord Nelson class  T2 Dreadnought

Battlecruiser line

T3   Invincible-class battlecruiser

T4   Lion-class battlecruiser

T5   HMS Tiger (1913)

T6  Renown-class battlecruiser T6Courageous-class battlecruiser  

T7  Hood 

6 hours ago, borbeck said:

1. Why would it not be t2?  2. How is a tier bracketed? 3. Who decides?

1. Because she has the same firepower, and comparable armor and speed to the current Tier 3's.

2. Combat ability with a nod to both historical stats and game balance.

3. Wargaming as always has the final say, but we can make some pretty good guesses based on past precedence.

5 minutes ago, borbeck said:

4. You have yet to give any supporting argument for HMS Dreadnought not to be a Tier II.

5. As a t3, there will be no reason to buy Dreadnought.

6. I have not heard one logical argument as to why it would not be a t2.

7. She was designed to utterly crush any ship  that wasn't capable of ambushing her with torpedoes from stealth.

4. And you have given none why she should be a Tier 2.

5. Why not, her firepower, secondaries, speed, and armor is easily on par with the other Tier 3's. They are all very early dreadnought designs.

6. And we have not heard one why she should be a Tier 2.

7. And that has absolutely no bearing on what Tier she belongs in. Ships are placed in Tiers with other ships that are balanced to have roughly that same combat ability with each other. They are not placed in Tier based on build date, or design objectives.

3 hours ago, _Luna said:

1. Because she has the same firepower, and comparable armor and speed to the current Tier 3's.

2. Combat ability with a nod to both historical stats and game balance.

3. Wargaming as always has the final say, but we can make some pretty good guesses based on past precedence.

4. And you have given none why she should be a Tier 2.

5. Why not, her firepower, secondaries, speed, and armor is easily on par with the other Tier 3's. They are all very early dreadnought designs.

6. And we have not heard one why she should be a Tier 2.

7. And that has absolutely no bearing on what Tier she belongs in. Ships are placed in Tiers with other ships that are balanced to have roughly that same combat ability with each other. They are not placed in Tier based on build date, or design objectives.

1  As a t3 she would not enhance my game and is not worth the money.

2  Combat ability and both historical stats and game balance demand a game changer, which Dreadnought was.

3  Wargaming has the final say, true.

4  It would have to be a give away as a t3.

5  Her firepower (except for number of main guns), secondaries, and armor is easily on par with late pre dreadnought type ships.

6  You have not stated one logical reason for it not being a t2. If they decide not to do it that is fine.

7  What tricks would you give her at t3? Her stock 18 inch (450 mm) torpedo tubes? The only way I see Dreadnought fitting in at t3 is with her torpedo tubes       intact.