aAkula

Stats Mean Nothing!

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

156 posts in this topic

This thread amuses me greatly. Please, continue. 

At least three forumites (as in regular posters) have been banned/penalized, in part or wholly, for stat-shaming in the past, and yet people don't care that the line exists.  It amazes me that Akula is still around (and for all I know, strikeless) while other people of lesser skills have been given the banhammer for such behavior.

But what do I know, I'm just a person who plays badly and magically has a 58% WR.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

I logged in today, paid for the weekend pass (dub-loons/premium), and spent the bulk of my day playing after taking the past god-only-knows-how-many-months off. I told myself to stop caring about winning because an eleven game losing skid in my beloved Iowa sent me into WoWS exile. After so long, I played like ****, but that WR though...

TL:DR; Take a break, RNGesus loves you after long breaks.

OP makes a valid point about inexperienced players being able to buy their way into high tiers and trash matches. This is an issue that I bet if experienced high tier players could vote on 75% or more would insist you need to have reached that tier before buying a premium in that tier. Agreed?

Yet he's taking grief for no reason other than it seems a lot of you didn't get your promotion to head fry cook, or your parents cancelled your account to Crunchyroll. WG is desperate for cash. Period. Any gimmick works.

5 minutes ago, Scotty_SE said:

OP makes a valid point about inexperienced players being able to buy their way into high tiers and trash matches. This is an issue that I bet if experienced high tier players could vote on 75% or more would insist you need to have reached that tier before buying a premium in that tier. Agreed?

Buying into high-tier wasn't the issue stated, although it is one.  The issue raised was the Bismarck event.  WG, if anything, lost cash in that by bypassing the ability to only get the Bismarck faster by paying for it.

That aside, Akula has never been known for his subtlety or his decorum and people will always react negatively to it.  Even without venturing into sugarcoating, there's a better way to gripe about this problem.  More importantly, anyone who disagreed was immediately stat-shamed and gangbanged by a bunch of unicums.  That, more than the subject of the OP, is why people are giving him grief.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

It's nice to see how "mature" and "civil" some of the posts are. (/sarcasm)

Topic is now locked. Sanctions have been passed.

Good day gentlemen.