aAkula

Stats Mean Nothing!

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

156 posts in this topic

Today i was fortunate enough to be on the same team as a mentally handicapped Bismarck captain, this captain which averages a whopping 22k AVG Damage at an astounding 34% Win-rate was the last piece of the puzzle (besides myself) in a very close high tier game.

Now i'm not sure what the protocol is in the baby tiers, but in high tier when a team is leading with 16 seconds to go, it's normally a fantastic idea not to fire your main guns, alerting the enemy to your location and then taking a generous 12k salvo to the broadside and you guessed it, throwing the enemy team in front with 3 seconds to go!

Now I have a notoriously bad track record of seeing these players on my team whenever i load my Minotaur into game, so it was safe to assume i was going to give this mouth breather a peace of my mind post game, this is when i realized i had come across a special sort of idiot, the WARBEASTY type of potato. 

At this point my spider senses were tingling, i knew something wasn't right, so i decided to use a tool that is heavily debated around here, i checked the players stats! Sure enough my senses wern't lying, this guy is the pure definition of a mouth breather, a staggering 27% WR Overall and an ground-breaking 16k average overall damage, in short a cancer to this game.

Well done Wargaming! Well done to whoever had the bright idea of allowing players to earn a Bismarck via a campaign rather than unlocking it the same way thousands of other players have done it, you know, grind the line and find the strengths/weaknesses of the ship, perhaps even learn the differences between HE & AP.

Stats mean nothing folks! Win rate and WTR are a sham! Keep your heads in the sand!

Stats mean nothing? My life is a lie!

Does this mean I don't have to refresh my warships.today profile every game to make sure I'm 1800+ anymore?

Everyone knows only players who pay for Premium account can get over 45% winrate, and that number goes up based on your Warships expenditures that month - $100 for every percent.

1 minute ago, _V12 said:

Everyone knows only players who pay for Premium account can get over 45% winrate, and that number goes up based on your Warships expenditures that month - $100 for every percent.

Sad thing is there are actually people that believe that..

@aAkula I have been having a rough day, bad losing streak. Monster games on losing teams. But I was trying to keep a positive attitude.. then loading into a match I noticed my teams CV had a name I recognized... WARBEASTY... that was the moment the hope of breaking the losing streak died. Sure enough he just sent all his planes to the SE (our) corner of the map...

Yesterday I had an amazingly useless Tirpitz player on my team that did next to nothing all game, hiding behind island that was out of range of the nearest enemy ship.  When he was the only ship left on team, I watched him launch torps at CL that was 17km away, it was glorious.

4 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

then loading into a match I noticed my teams CV had a name I recognized... WARBEASTY... that was the moment the hope of breaking the losing streak died. Sure enough he just sent all his planes to the SE (our) corner of the map...

My condolences

Just seeing that name strikes fear into the hearts of the other his own team..

3 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Sad thing is there are actually people that believe that..

Oh yeah, I had a buddy (unicum) yesterday on Facebook bait this guy into in argument about it.  Pretending to believe that and explain that's why his winrate was ~65%.  The best part was when a couple of random folks piped in to say, "See??  It's totally a thing!  He just said it and he's a 65%er!".  They were dead serious.  It was a riot.

3 minutes ago, _V12 said:

Oh yeah, I had a buddy (unicum) yesterday on Facebook bait this guy into in argument about it.  Pretending to believe that and explain that's why his winrate was ~65%.  The best part was when a couple of random folks piped in to say, "See??  It's totally a thing!  He just said it and he's a 65%er!".  They were dead serious.  It was a riot.

How dare you try to stat-shame! I'll have you know that my stats are hereditary, and they're perfectly normal! #UnicumAtEveryWinRate

-10/10 troll attempt, didn't even try

Edited by tcbaker777

34 minutes ago, aAkula said:

Today i was fortunate enough to be on the same team as a mentally handicapped Bismarck captain,

hope you know that insulting those with mental problems is against forum rules

Look, here's the thing, Win Rate, as a SOLE judging tool, is nonsense, that's my opinion, because yes, you get people like that on your team, things happen, etc. You can't control the random 11 people you get and, I'm sorry, I also do not believe in every case "it averages out" - were that the case, far more often would I not when I now rarely play CV's have my team scattered all over the map having to try and protect them as they are scattered with no overlap, meaning anything gets past me, good chance when I'm trying to cover ships taking up an area about 35-40 grid squares, can cause major damage while the enemy is grouped so my planes can't get anywhere near them. Cause hell, we still loss, but I had a better team yesterday in my first Shokaku match (2nd I ended up a free kill because I loaded in, it DC'd me, DC'd me again trying to load in, then dead.) I knocked out 150k damage, and given time and not being bottom tiered running out of planes, could have done more. But that is something still in my control - Damage. A good team around me can help that, but still, I have to aim and all.

When you put the various stats together, namely looking at damage, that is where you get the real picture. That % and damage that low, yeah, that's a legit bad player. Insults may go a bit far, but yeah, they got some learning to do.I will also say, not knowing the situation specifics, he may have fired his guns because he was spotted anyway.

Edited by WanderingGhost

51 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

hope you know that insulting those with mental problems is against forum rules

Psychological illnesses are a major problem.

Edited by _V12

It's just a game bro, stats mean nothing and winrate is determined by dollars spent.

Edited by bfk_ferlyfe

Just now, _V12 said:

Sure is a good thing you aren't using your Warships today signature then

if that was supposed to be an insult, you failed horribly

1 minute ago, bfk_ferlyfe said:

It's just a game bro, stats mean nothing and winrate is determined by dollars spent.

I guess that's why my win rate is constantly going up! Spendin those dolla dolla bills!

I've wanted a Leningrad for a while, but missed previous sales. 

I picked it up this past weekend. 

I'm still waiting on WG to credit the +1% W/R to my account that was supposed to come with it. That will finally push me over 70%. :cap_haloween:

1 minute ago, WanderingGhost said:

Look, here's the thing, Win Rate, as a SOLE judging tool, is nonsense, that's my opinion, because yes, you get people like that on your team, things happen, etc. You can't control the random 11 people you get and, I'm sorry, I also do not believe in every case "it averages out"

Mate that's not how statistics works.  I don't feel like digging up my explanation right now but if I remember correctly, a 99% confidence level at 3,000 battles played has only around a half a percentage point spread (depending on distance from 50/50).  

1 minute ago, DOCTOR_CITADEL said:

I've wanted a Leningrad for a while, but missed previous sales. 

I picked it up this past weekend. 

I'm still waiting on WG to credit the +1% W/R to my account that was supposed to come with it. That will finally push me over 70%. :cap_haloween:

I never understood that ship when I would play it, probably because I hadn't done high tier cruisers or Russian destroyers yet.  May be time for me to revisit it now that I have the whole run and gun routine down much better.

51 minutes ago, aAkula said:

Today i was fortunate enough to be on the same team as a mentally handicapped Bismarck captain, this captain which averages a whopping 22k AVG Damage at an astounding 34% Win-rate was the last piece of the puzzle (besides myself) in a very close high tier game.

Now i'm not sure what the protocol is in the baby tiers, but in high tier when a team is leading with 16 seconds to go, it's normally a fantastic idea not to fire your main guns, alerting the enemy to your location and then taking a generous 12k salvo to the broadside and you guessed it, throwing the enemy team in front with 3 seconds to go!

Now I have a notoriously bad track record of seeing these players on my team whenever i load my Minotaur into game, so it was safe to assume i was going to give this mouth breather a peace of my mind post game, this is when i realized i had come across a special sort of idiot, the WARBEASTY type of potato. 

At this point my spider senses were tingling, i knew something wasn't right, so i decided to use a tool that is heavily debated around here, i checked the players stats! Sure enough my senses wern't lying, this guy is the pure definition of a mouth breather, a staggering 27% WR Overall and an ground-breaking 16k average overall damage, in short a cancer to this game.

Well done Wargaming! Well done to whoever had the bright idea of allowing players to earn a Bismarck via a campaign rather than unlocking it the same way thousands of other players have done it, you know, grind the line and find the strengths/weaknesses of the ship, perhaps even learn the differences between HE & AP.

Stats mean nothing folks! Win rate and WTR are a sham! Keep your heads in the sand!

Last 2 days the teams I've seen have been so unbelievably god freaking stupid I've wanted to delete this game.

5 Potatoes on the cap about to win the game... all 5 charge off the cap AND die instead of winning the game.

Teams who capture one point, then run away to corner and never go anything.

Teams who I yell at 5 mins in advance to come back to base because they were too slow on the advance... nope they sail to nowhere while we lose. I can't even understand the level of stupid I've borne witness to over the last 2 days in random battles.

This game must have some of the dumbest people on the planet playing it.

Edited by BlitzFalcon109

47 minutes ago, aAkula said:

~snip~

Whine whine whine. You know, this game was better when you quit. And I don't say that lightly. I mean that this game, and these forums, were a legitimately cleaner and better place to be around. It was like someone had wiped the toxic scum from the floor.

If you're going to go to all the trouble of making a rage-quit post, actually rage-quit. 'Cause now we know that you're just attention-starved because you spend your life on video games, and you want to get attention to make yourself feel good. If anyone is "human trash," it's people like you.

People who dedicate their entire lives to a virtual game and do absolutely nothing productive in the real world. They don't exercise, they don't study, they don't work for longer than the exact minimum amount they have to. People who, for almost every waking moment that they don't absolutely have to step outside their mother's basement, live and breathe within it.

I just want you to ask yourself: in 50-70 years, when you are dead, do you think people are going to care about your stats on a dead game?

No.

And if you think otherwise, give me the exact name and hometown of the highest-ever scorer in "Cheetahmen." Oh, wait. No one cares. Just like no one cares about you.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

1 minute ago, BlitzFalcon109 said:

This game must have some of the dumbest people on the planet playing it.

I think that dubious honour goes to League of Legends, and I'm not mentioning that title fondly.