Beatty_10

Freakish Supercontainer Luck - And A Great Prize

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

36 posts in this topic

I've had bizarre luck with Try Your Luck and getting supercontainers lately. No [edited], I'm something like 4 for 7. I know that sounds crazy, and it is, but it's also true. The rewards have been crap, upgrades and cosumables with little value to me. But today on my fourth SC in about 4-5 weeks I hit for 50,000 Free XP! Now that is a prize! That is just short of getting a premium ship, IMO.

Does this rank up there as far as SC rewards go?

Anyone else having freakishly good luck with TYL containers sprouting SCs?

shot-17.08.12_12.11.10-0961.jpg

I got 4 in a row a few weeks back, literally felt like a bug with how rare they have been in the past

Haven't selected TYL since they nerfed the SC chance. I just farm flags now. 

Pretty incredible luck on your end though.  Grats!

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

3 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Haven't selected TYL since they nerfed the SC chance. I just farm flags now. 

Pretty incredible luck on your end though.  Grats!

Right, me neither. After choosing TYL for a few weeks I switched to Camos and Signals, until lately. Now, these SCs are all up in my face almost every time I choose TYL!

Weird I tell ya . . .

I guess I'll try a few Try your Luck. I've been doing money only. I think that's the best chance to get free XP. Only got about 300k before I can buy the Big Mo. 

But, except for the freely given one in the RU DD mission, I haven't seen a SC this year. And that one was 25 flags. 

I used to get them often enough to keep me trying, but haven't gotten one in so long that I've finally given up, and never select TYL anymore... 

I pick TYL for every container and have good luck gettting SCs... but bad luck getting anything of value from them.  14 out of my last 16 have been "special" mods with one bundle of flags and one can of camo.

Back in December I got 10 of them during the month. Then I went on 6 months without another

TYL is supposed to double your odds, from 1.5% (regular containers) to 3%(TYL containers). I wish it were true.:Smile-angry:

2 hours ago, Beatty_10 said:

Does this rank up there as far as SC rewards go?

When the usual fxp boxes give you 500 or 750 fxp, 50k worth is good indeed.

About the only things that could be better are getting a premium ship you might desire, or the rare SC that has doubloons in it.

2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

About the only things that could be better are getting a premium ship you might desire, or the rare SC that has doubloons in it.

I've gotten the Doubloons once now; I'm still waiting for a ship :Smile_sceptic:

7 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Thanks for reminding me, I did get 1,000 doubloons in one of these recent SCs. That was pretty cool. Better than the silly upgrades that are defeintely not universally useful. I haven't mounted a single one of these upgrades, though I probably will mount the +40% smoke duration one when I get the Fiji . . . if T7 allows it . . . 

Amongst the best you can get a month of premium, 100k free XP, 20 million credits out of them. 

Monetarily speaking T6+ ships rewards are by far the best especially if you already have the ship and get the full gold compensation.

5 minutes ago, Beatty_10 said:

I probably will mount the +40% smoke duration one when I get the Fiji . . .

I have the speed booster on HSH Harekaze, and had the smoke on Gallant, but took it off when I undid the min-max for the Dynamo Op.

Maybe I'll put it on Kutuzov? Who knows.

Lucky you!  I roll the try your luck quite frequently, almost zero luck with those.

Edited by Shipping_Forecast

Got another one just now. My first container of the day, Signals and Camos option. Thsi follows up my SC from a couple weeks ago when I started this thread in which i got 50,000 Free Xp - pretty damn nice if you ask me. . 

And now today:

14 Days Premium Account - damn good, too, I'd say Still not as good as a ship, I'll take those over anything else really, 

But what have I done to win the unnerving favor of the RNG gods? This is making me a little uneasy, tbh . . . 

Or maybe WG is just getting more and generous with SCs.

shot-17_08.20_08_43.37-0469.thumb.jpg.8a39de85fd06bd3579d0754abe6b5358.jpg

shot-17_08.20_08_43.47-0279.thumb.jpg.ca9e5da54805b54e60a1ed70147c5a2c.jpg

In the past 2 weeks I've got 2 SC, I click TLY since the system came out (2 premium ships so far too out of them)

one of them was 30 days premium and the other 50 ocean soul cammos

Then from the 2 SC of the first Yamamoto campaign I got:

50k FXP and AA def module.

IMO TYL is the way to go.

I've gotten an unusually high number of SCs lately, but all I've gotten are the 50 camos. I don't know whose definition of "super" includes getting 50 camos, but .........:cap_old:

Man the only SCs I've got in a really long time were the 2 from completing the first stage of Yamamoto's Campaign. I got 50 Gamescom paints (meh I won't say no, but the only camo that I really want is Restless Fire) and 50 Oroborus Flags. I was actually fairly happy for those since they give +777% Free Exp, and I'm saving for Nelson right now. I've collected about 90,000 Frexp in about a week. Pretty good rate for me. Doomlock got his 2 Yamamoto SCs right after me, and he got a spotter plane module (yay! said no one ever :fish_palm:) and then he got 1000 dubloons, which is pretty ok by my mind.

I'd like to know  what everyone's karma is  that are getting All of these Supercontainers, wondering if Karma has any possible connection to the better Luck.

I'd say one of the better ones...

The best I got was 3000 gold...coupled with the New York skull camo contest gold I had enough to afford Molotov (3,150 gold) over WG anniversary...