Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Eltosian

Zero damage torp hit??

13 comments in this topic

[WZCLV]
[WZCLV]
Members
8 posts
16,617 battles

Can someone explain this one to me? Never have I seen or been blessed enough to receive a non-damaging torp.

My best guess is it struck a section that was so saturated it dealt zero damage??

THEFUCK.png

[CRZ13]
Members
1,912 posts
8,777 battles

It's a great trick in BBs to avoid dying to torp salvos.  Just have them all hit your bow.  Damage saturation kicks in pretty quickly.

Members
10,919 posts
4,873 battles
12 minutes ago, Theodosivs_Imperator said:

That, or maybe it was a point blank hit before the torpedo armed. Did you rush anyone at point blank distances? 

I don't think it'd show up in his detailed report if it never actually armed anyways.

[WZCLV]
[WZCLV]
Members
8 posts
16,617 battles

Look at the screencap - it certainly wasn't torp bulge reduction on a tier 5 DD, and it wouldn't have caused a flood if it struck before arming. 

Edited by Eltosian

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

iChase did a video on this like a year ago, got division mate to HE saturate the bow of Shima then took multiple 0 dmg torp & gun hits in the bow.

Edit: I think this one

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
19,315 battles
26 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

There are these things called Torpedo Bulges that are meant to help protect the ship from Torpedo damage lol.

Torpedo bulges are a flat reduction in damage, and only on the part of the ship that never saturates. Bulges are never the reason for zero-damage torpedo hits.

lol.

Alpha Tester
4,302 posts
7,932 battles

The reality is that a torpedo hit on a destroyer's bow(or a cruisers, in many cases) would have blown it off. Ergo, you don't take torpedo damage there because in normal terms, the bow isn't there anymore.

Sign in to follow this