Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nighteyez

Conversations

8 comments in this topic

[AK]
[AK]
Members
108 posts
12,247 battles

Hello all,

Newbie captain here, and I was just wondering how you enter the conversations in the chat window. I know how to hit enter, and type a text, but I am wondering how to change it from team only to all, and how to enter some of those canned messages like "Good luck fair seas" (or something to that effect). I see others do it all the time, but I don't see any instructions on how to do it anywhere.

Jim

• Cool 2

Members
3,120 posts
14,627 battles

To switch chat use TAB key, to use canned messages press B key to see available options while in the battle.

• Cool 1

[5IN]
Members
2,109 posts
10,709 battles

Welcome mate!

Also know that when the text is white, its to everyone, green to your team only, and yellow if you are in a division.

If you use the map at all (hit m), the quick messages are on the left hand side of the screen.

Gl;hf!

B

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,699 battles
1 hour ago, bassmasta76 said:

Welcome mate!

Also know that when the text is white, its to everyone, green to your team only, and yellow if you are in a division.

If you use the map at all (hit m), the quick messages are on the left hand side of the screen.

Gl;hf!

B

Hi @Nighteyez, As others have said, hit enter to type then tab to switch between global, team and division chat.  

You can also see the list of F=key quick messages if you just hold down tab (they are next to the team lists). 

Also, welcome to WoWS! :)

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 1

[AK]
[AK]
Members
108 posts
12,247 battles

Thanks all for the replies. Will have to check it out in next battle.

Jim

[5IN]
Members
2,109 posts
10,709 battles

I need to make a correction to my post, but rather than edit it, I'll just comment again.

On the map screen, the quick message keys are no longer listed.  Instead it tells you to hit "b" for the command list.  Sorry for any confusion.

B

Sign in to follow this