You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

Is it possible to get citadel hits in co op?

32 comments in this topic

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,155 battles

I am stuck on the UK Battle mission part 2, is it possible to get citadel hits in co op?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Yes.

[RLGN]
Members
19,263 posts
35,703 battles

Yes; same as any other mode...

...although most of the time it seem like bots citadeling players, instead of the other way around...

Members
5,454 posts
21,216 battles

Sunday while working off a 9 game TK status for doing 12k to an Iowa in fires I went to co-op. One game stands out as attacked a Weymouth with my Emden. Kind of got into a circle strafe fight and manage to citadel that poor ship through the nose, a few times in the side and than much to my surprise citadel'd it through the stern for the kill. So yes it is possible, load the AP get close and get dirty. 

Wiki Editor
798 posts

my Black Swan says yes. Those cits won't be any good for the mission, but man was it amusing. 

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,320 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Yes; same as any other mode...

...although most of the time it seem like bots citadeling players, instead of the other way around...

Cause people in co-op while trying to claim how superior race they are, forget the basic principles. I watch co-op players just sail in straight lines for minutes, then complain they got citadeled.

[SVF]
Members
2,941 posts
2,776 battles

I got 9 citadels while completing Part 1 this afternoon, but couldn't get any 5-6 games straight afterwards before ragequitting for the evening.  I despise RNG-based missions like this week's Part 2.

Members
205 posts
12,761 battles

Does this answer ur question

citadel1.jpegD

Edited by jimpat2

Members
522 posts

They seem to charge at whatever they see so cits are problematic. I got 7 in one game with a myoko, the only problem was I was deleting ships after 2 cits. 50,000 torp damage on the other hand. 47,000 in 2 games and then it took 31 games to get another hit :)

[RLGN]
Members
19,263 posts
35,703 battles
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

So yes it is possible, load the AP get close and get dirty. 

Cleveland's favorite pasttime...

People can say all they want about Leander and some of the other T6s, but nothing beats map awareness and coming around an island at point-blank range, ready to feed another player or a bot TWELVE guns worth of AP citadel lovin'...

Members
5,454 posts
21,216 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Cleveland's favorite pasttime...

People can say all they want about Leander and some of the other T6s, but nothing beats map awareness and coming around an island at point-blank range, ready to feed another player or a bot TWELVE guns worth of AP citadel lovin'...

I once had a Neptune charge my Edinburgh smoke. I knew he was coming for me and when he turn to torp my smoke 10 citadels and no more Neptune. 

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Yes, I did it in Okhotnik. Hello, broadside Emeralds and Omahas.

The fire thing you can also do in Coop. I brought Konig to ensure i'd have a BB to shoot at with reasonable ROF, and just shot HE at it. Don't forget at close ranges your secondaries will also set fires. Took two matches, 7 fires and 6 fires. 

[SVF]
Members
2,941 posts
2,776 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You can get Citadel hits in Randoms, Co OP, Ranked, and even Operations.

Not anymore in regards to the Operations, due to "technical issues".

Members
12,692 posts
14,320 battles
6 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Not anymore in regards to the Operations, due to "technical issues".

True Wargaming has created yet another mess, they need to sell the company to the Japanese or somebody far more competent in creating and maintaining games.

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles
1 hour ago, IronWolfV said:

Cause people in co-op while trying to claim how superior race they are, forget the basic principles. I watch co-op players just sail in straight lines for minutes, then complain they got citadeled.

LOL...I can call Ranked/Random players out before the game even ends. They camp a BB at the spawn and always keep the nose at the enemy. Plus they are always the lowest-scoring for kills and damage.

Edited by Deputy276
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,320 battles
3 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

LOL...I can call Ranked/Random players out before the game even ends. They camp a BB at the spawn and always keep the nose at the enemy. Plus they are always the lowest-scoring for kills and damage.

Yeah...I can't argue that one. Go into ranked and it's like 2/3rd of the players go full tomato, forget potato.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

It's a lot easier to get cits in Co-Op than in Random because the bots are more likely to present their sides to you than players are.

Members
1,684 posts
20,057 battles

I think OP is making reference to the fact that everything in co op is bow on. And half your team usually ends up ramming. 

If people use co op for practice its no wonder players are so bad. It teaches you nothing. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
2,632 posts
6,436 battles

Yes.  I decided to do the British BB series in Co-Op because it's so much easier and quicker.  In fact I had forgotten how easy it is :)

Played out all 5 missions tonight in one run including the citadels one which I did in the Arizona in around 3 matches.  The funniest one was the last mission..  get 100k damage and 2 kills in the same match..  I thought I was still on task 4 ( kill 10 ships) which I had been using my V-170 for but I had completed it.. then this happened...

shot-17_08.11_23_23.47-0949.jpg.a5969fc3747d52ffaab25ea14ccb5646.jpg

Thank you Co-Op..  12 matches, 12 wins completed mission sections 1 through 5. (2 hours 15 minutes for completion)

M

Members
119 posts
4,853 battles

How'd you guys do on the containers? 

It seemed like all 3 were TYL, which I have none of, so I got 12 signals and the million credits for completing the final stage. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,936 posts
30,774 battles
27 minutes ago, DDGPhalanx said:

How'd you guys do on the containers? 

It seemed like all 3 were TYL, which I have none of, so I got 12 signals and the million credits for completing the final stage. 

My containers were one of each with no TYL. One credits, one signals & camo, and the other was consumables.