You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JROCK619

What To Buy at 30% Off

What to buy at 30% off?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What to buy at 30% off?

• ~36$ 12,000 Doubloons (Wait for 35 free xp rate and get progress towards Missouri).
    • ~36$ 12,000 Doubloons (Wait for 35 free xp rate and get progress towards Nelson).
    • ~38$ Tirpitz (Faster campaign progress -usually have Xp and credit missions).
    • ~36$ 12,000 Doubloons and (Wait for 35 free xp rate and get progress towards free Xp battleships).

10 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
3,219 battles

What To Buy at 30% Off

Missouri -I like playing BBs and Fuso is my favorite. Missouri makes the most sense (get around 420K xp towards it) but past tier 8 the game play seems stagnant and everybody is afraid of everything. This would be the best for campaign progress since they put campaigns at tier 8 and they usually involve xp and credit missions. I can also finally put Steven Seagal in it and let him cook again.

HMS Nelson-Closer to my favorite tier (tier 6) and it will likely be under 420K xp to obtain. 9x 406mm guns sounds like good fun at tier 7. This would not be able to compete in the tier 8 campaigns.

$38 Tirptiz - Proven BB and I do enjoy my Bismarck. It could also compete in Tier 8 campaigns. 

Thanks all.

[SCCC]
Members
1,137 posts
9,687 battles

You don't need to spend money on free xp conversion for the Nelson and Missouri. Take your time and you'll get there for free. The Tirpitz is a great ship to buy though, free experience can be earned by just playing. You'll get the Tirpitz and free exp which will eventually you could spend towards the Nelson and Missouri. There's no need to use money to get free ships.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
19,597 battles

We had a x35 free XP conversion sale on 6 August 2017, so you'll be waiting a while for the next one.

Stocking up on doubloons doesn't hurt though—outside of buying the half-price 360 day premium time when it goes on sale (here's to hoping that happens again this Black Friday), buying a lot of doubloons on discount is the cheapest way to get premium time. Then you can buy it one month at a time for 2500 doubloons. If you need to take a break from ships, you can do so. If you find an awesome sale on FXP conversion or tech tree premiums, you can hit that too and get double discounts.

IMO don't buy Tirpitz because it's on sale, but it when it's on sale if you were thinking of buying it anyways. I've got a few premium ships that I didn't follow this advice on, and now I never play them.

Wiki Editor
798 posts

I'd say go for the doubs or Tirpitz. . Tirpitz is the only thing on that list you can't earn, where as everything else on that list is earnable with enough time. 

Mo is a good ship but tier 9 play is polarized. 

Nelson isn't released yet so hold off until you get an idea of how she is. 

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

You just recently missed a 35xp/1db conversion weekend... those don't come around too often. Might find yourself waiting a long time. Having said that MO is a great fun BB and Nelson doesn't really look so appealing to me. Also, (with the exception of Izumo... and t-22) I don't like nor recomend FXP'ing past any tech tree ships. So I would save for Might MO.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
19 minutes ago, Sandman1969 said:

I don't see any 30% off in the prem shop & I am logged in. Tirp is still $70 CAD.

Some people got an ingame coupon for 30% off anything in the store other than specials.

Edited by RipNuN2

Beta Testers
2,089 posts
2,379 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Some people got an ingame coupon for 30% off anything in the store other than specials.

Forgot about those really random coupons popping up. Hadn't seen one in forever.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
19,597 battles
1 minute ago, Sandman1969 said:

Forgot about those really random coupons popping up. Hadn't seen one in forever.

Me and a fleetmate both just received an offer for Prinz Eugen at 5% off.

We had a good laugh.

[RCNW3]
Members
2,010 posts
27,654 battles
49 minutes ago, Special_Kay said:

Me and a fleetmate both just received an offer for Prinz Eugen at 5% off.

We had a good laugh.

The old "when a deal is not a deal"