Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_MbpaxbbAUblh

Graphics Quality: High vs Very High?

7 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,823 posts
26,907 battles

I find it interesting that you get 58 fps on a 1060 at 1080p on 'high' and I get 70+ fps on a 960 at 1080p with everything at maximum ...

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,139 battles

You are probably getting 58 fps due to the fact that your monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz.  I believe if you turn off Vertical Synch your frame rate will increase, but you will get tearing.

Knowing this place someone will be along in a second to point out how totally wrong I am.

As far as the different experience in visuals between they two who has time to look and what does it matter?  Set it at very high and if your frame rates stay at 58 in the heat of battle you  are good to go.

Edited by JCC45

Members
589 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

I find it interesting that you get 58 fps on a 1060 at 1080p on 'high' and I get 70+ fps on a 960 at 1080p with everything at maximum ...

I don't know much about the graphics settings, have to test the vertical synch thing as JCC45 suggests.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,823 posts
26,907 battles
1 minute ago, zuga_01 said:

I don't know much about the graphics settings, have to test the vertical synch thing as JCC45 suggests.

It is probably the v-sync, yes.

Just letting you know that unless something else is bottlenecking you, you should be able to get way more than 58 fps @1080p on a 1060, if a much inferior card already gets higher fps at higher settings.graphics. I'm running an i5 4590.

Members
589 posts
6 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

You are probably getting 58 fps due to the fact that your monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz.  I believe if you turn off Vertical Synch your frame rate will increase, but you will get tearing.

Knowing this place someone will be along in a second to point out how totally wrong I am.

As far as the different experience in visuals between they two who has time to look and what does it matter?  Set it at very high and if your frame rates stay at 58 in the heat of battle you  are good to go.

Yes it stays at 58 with Very high, but I dont see any improvement. I think I will tone it down to High after I test the vertical synch off.

Members
589 posts
Just now, Lert said:

It is probably the v-sync, yes.

Just letting you know that unless something else is bottlenecking you, you should be able to get way more than 58 fps @1080p on a 1060, if a much inferior card already gets higher fps at higher settings.graphics. I'm running an i5 4590.

Yes, Turned off Vertical synch  and fps is locked at 76. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this