Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
boots89

NC/Alabama aiming modification

6 comments in this topic

Members
41 posts
7,235 battles

I've been looking at Alabama, and I know that it says that the aiming mod 1 is not available for it. I was looking at my NC and I don't see it available for it either. MY NC is only showing the mod that increases the main distance and secondary's not main battery accuracy. Any info?

[PVE]
Members
17,092 posts
39,787 battles

Yeah, USN BB'S get the Artillery Plotting Room Mod instead of Aiming System Mod starting with the T5 New York. It is a unique mod only for USN BB'S.

I used APRM for the T5 NY and T6 NM. It was the best option IMO for those ships as the extra main gun range helps more than AA or secondary boosts. At T7 with the Colorado however I went with the AA mod as I wanted to boost the AA.

Stock main gun range on Colorado is enough for me. I plan to do the same (ie; AA) when I get to the T8 North Carolina here shortly. Feel i will benefit more from that then the extra main gun range.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF5]
Members
38,584 posts
31,232 battles

The OP was asking about ASM1, you take that upgrade for improving main battery dispersion.  All the other BB lines start accessing ASM1 at Tier V, USN BBs never do.  They cannot improve main battery dispersion until Tier IX.  Only Iowa, Missouri, Montana can, and they can do it with APRM2 which improves dispersion by 11% instead of the 7% of ASM1.

Another crucial difference between ASM1 and APRM2 is the slot they go into.  ASM1 goes into Slot 2 while APRM3 goes into Slot 3.  This is why the Tier IX-X USN BBs tend to have good AA while having good dispersion... They can slot AAGM2 to improve their AA range and still improve main battery dispersion at the same time.  Any other BB line has to make a significant choice because ASM1 is Slot 2 and competes with some other upgrades that may be very pertinent to that ship.  The greatest example I can think of are German BBs.  It's hard to deviate away from SBM2 for monster secondaries, so most German BBs do not slot ASM1 to improve their main battery dispersion.  Those 15" German rifles are T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E and typically are never improved upon.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
245 posts
11,501 battles

Also worth noting that the Alabama's range cannot be upgraded up from 21km (w/o spotter) since it's a premium and no upgrades are available. 
Why it's range is lower despite having identical guns to the NC is beyond me. The Missouri and Iowa have the same max range. 

Sign in to follow this