You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonymised

If you ever get frustrated with game play on this server....

52 comments in this topic

Members
1,684 posts
20,116 battles

Thank the lord you do not play on the Asia server.

Some friends from work are all on there so I started a separate account to play with them during patch time, or on weekends when NA potatoes are out.

Oh, my, god. It's like every day is the weekend. Every game has at least 2 CV's, and they are all hopeless. There's 1 DD a side if you are lucky, and they are hopeless too. IF they decide to cap, they die instantly.

Battleship players are even more passive than at high tiers on our server. And cruisers just camp behind islands never to be seen.

That whole server is [edited]cancer, and every day I praise Jeebus that I joined this one.

Edited by SalvoSanta

[SWRT]
Members
621 posts

1 dd a side?  sounds like heaven.  not having to deal with half of your teammates dying (like the 6 dd a side match I had last night) in the first 30 seconds of a match would be glorious.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles
3 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

1 dd a side?  sounds like heaven.  not having to deal with half of your teammates dying (like the 6 dd a side match I had last night) in the first 30 seconds of a match would be glorious.

Having almost no ship capable of spotting results in a campy meta where every just lays in wait until someone pokes out first. With Destroyers in the game at least someone tries to capture a point and thereby adds some movement into the match.

• Cool 5

Members
1,684 posts
20,116 battles

When you play cruiser you need spotting. When you play smoke cruisers, it's even more important. And having 1 DD a side for 2 minutes, then having none, just leads to horrible game play.

Seriously, the amount of battles I've lost because our sole remaining ship just has to run away and survive, but instead engages in a gun battle with a full HP ship. It is honestly like every day is the weekend. I don't know how people even deal with it.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles
8 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Having almost no ship capable of spotting results in a campy meta where every just lays in wait until someone pokes out first. With Destroyers in the game at least someone tries to capture a point and thereby adds some movement into the match.

This.  DD's encourage dynamic play and keep things moving.

• Cool 3

[SWRT]
Members
621 posts
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

This.  DD's encourage dynamic play and keep things moving.

unless all your dds die in the first 30 seconds then your team gets rolled.  nothing dynamic about that.  

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,889 posts
15,173 battles
19 minutes ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

unless all your dds die in the first 30 seconds then your team gets rolled.  nothing dynamic about that.  

Just as bad as BB's setting in the back bow camping.. Cruisers driving full broadside.. Getting a match with 1 Good CV and 1 Bad CV.

No different than the whole team going to A cap while ignoring B and C.

BB camping and setting off to the side of the map is just as bad as anything else.

[RAEDE]
Members
2,471 posts
7,578 battles

To OP: How is lag and ping and connections? Ever since about 4 patches ago the US server has gone straight downhill at a rapid pace. BTW...you don't need to start a separate account to play on other servers. Download Aslain's mod package and he has a mod in it that allows you to select the server you want to play on. 

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0690-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

Edited by Deputy276

Members
6 posts

se me presento un nuevo problema al parecer al actualizar me aparece ahora un error que dice:ERROR CRITICO NO SE PUEDEN INSTALAR ACTUALIZACIONES LA APLICACION NO PUEDE CONTINUAR PARA DETALLES REVISA EL ARCHIVO DE REGISTRO... ahi es donde no se que hacer si pudes solucionar mi problema te lo agradeceria muchas graciasss

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,243 battles
7 minutes ago, gral_stern_ said:

se me presento un nuevo problema al parecer al actualizar me aparece ahora un error que dice:ERROR CRITICO NO SE PUEDEN INSTALAR ACTUALIZACIONES LA APLICACION NO PUEDE CONTINUAR PARA DETALLES REVISA EL ARCHIVO DE REGISTRO... ahi es donde no se que hacer si pudes solucionar mi problema te lo agradeceria muchas graciasss

hello

Members
6 posts

hola sabes como resolver ese problema intente de muchas formas reinicie la pc una cuantas veces pero no me funciona y la verdad quiero seguir jugando este juegazo te agradeceria tu ayuda ;)

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles
1 hour ago, OstwindFlakpanzer said:

Hyperbole at it's finest.

Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles
1 hour ago, Deputy276 said:

To OP: How is lag and ping and connections? Ever since about 4 patches ago the US server has gone straight downhill at a rapid pace. BTW...you don't need to start a separate account to play on other servers. Download Aslain's mod package and he has a mod in it that allows you to select the server you want to play on. 

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0690-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

How does that work?  I thought you still had to create an account, this just allowed you to use a single launcher.

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles
4 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

2 CVS per match does not qualify as enough spotting???

• Cool 1

Members
6,670 posts
1 hour ago, Deputy276 said:

US server ping for me is a nice steady 40ish.  I'm in the Midwest.  I think it depends on what route you have to take to get to WG's NA server.  If you go through Chicago (and I don't), watch out, from what I've seen lately.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles
1 minute ago, StoneRhino said:

2 CVS per match does not qualify as enough spotting???

Sometimes, but how many T10 matches have two CVs per side? None

How many T10 matches have one CV per side? I estimate 20-40%

And the planes of a CV won't capture the bases.

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles

With 2 CVS per side he's not playing t8+ and so has not seen the meta. I've been in t8+ games with 3-4 DDs per side on NA that are very campy.

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

Only thing I know about the Asia server is from that one guy who ranked out in all servers last season.

If memory serves, they have issues with quality Captains more than anything else.

You just confirmed what he said was true.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[RAEDE]
Members
2,471 posts
7,578 battles
10 hours ago, SyndicatedINC said:

How does that work?  I thought you still had to create an account, this just allowed you to use a single launcher.

Nope. The mod in Aslain's mod pack gives you a multiple choice of what server location you want to use. US, Europe, Asia, USSR....or whatever they call themselves now. :Smile_Default:

[RAEDE]
Members
2,471 posts
7,578 battles
9 hours ago, mavfin87 said:

US server ping for me is a nice steady 40ish.  I'm in the Midwest.  I think it depends on what route you have to take to get to WG's NA server.  If you go through Chicago (and I don't), watch out, from what I've seen lately.

I envy you. Mine can be find all day and then suddenly spike and freeze the game. And I'm not that far from California, where the US server is.

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles
26 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Nope. The mod in Aslain's mod pack gives you a multiple choice of what server location you want to use. US, Europe, Asia, USSR....or whatever they call themselves now. :Smile_Default:

You still need to open an account for those servers. Without it you would be getting an error for an invalid e-mail. You also can't retain your progress and ships on all servers; a premium you buy in the NA shop cannot be played on the EU server.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,956 battles

I've heard through my clan that PVP on the RU server between tiers 2 and 7 is virtually dead. Complete wasteland. 20-30 minutes to get a team if it doesn't dump you in with bots. Most of the activity is in tier 10 or co-op.

Obviously this could be wrong, I haven't checked myself, but it's rather depressing if true.

Edited by AraAragami

[RAEDE]
Members
2,471 posts
7,578 battles
2 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

I've heard through my clan that PVP on the RU server between tiers 2 and 7 is virtually dead. Complete wasteland. 20-30 minutes to get a team if it doesn't dump you in with bots. Most of the activity is in tier 10 or co-op.

Obviously this could be wrong, I haven't checked myself, but it's rather depressing if true.

Not a real surprise, though. Warships is not "Russia's thing". Tanks is what they are all about. Again no surprise, considering the Soviet navy contributed almost zilch to WW2.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,956 battles
2 minutes ago, Deputy276 said:

Not a real surprise, though. Warships is not "Russia's thing". Tanks is what they are all about. Again no surprise, considering the Soviet navy contributed almost zilch to WW2.

Russia as a nation kind of gave up any concept of having a serious navy when Japan sank most of it at Tsushima.