You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Alex

HMS Queen Elizabeth's WW1 aka as built hull, should it be in game

16 comments in this topic

[-JEDI]
Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
8,155 battles

The current Queen Elizabeth BB which is in the shiptree, well thats her post 1930's modernized hull, should the Queen Elizabeth's also have their WW1 hull in game but at which tier?:

1921_02_25_b_1st_battle_sdn_qe_b.jpg

queen_elizabeth_01.jpg

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles
2 minutes ago, mr3awsome said:

Historical precedent would call for tier V. 

15 inch guns at Tier 5? Oh hell no

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
9 minutes ago, mr3awsome said:

Historical precedent would call for tier V. 

Actually, not that I want this to happen, but what he just mentioned may become a tier 5 premium at some point. WG has been reusing stock hulls a lot lately, and after what they did with Mutsu and what they are about to do with the Amagi stock hull - I'm pretty sure this is something that may happen for Queen Elizabeth as well. 15" guns at tier 5 ... they'll have to nerf the f*ck out of their krupp and dispersion to make this possible.

Edited by Ulthwey
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,261 posts
35,694 battles
18 minutes ago, Ulthwey said:

I'm pretty sure this is something that may happen for Queen Elizabeth as well. 15" guns at tier 5 ... they'll have to nerf the f*ck out of their krupp and dispersion to make this possible.

So then I'd just have to get close and murder things like I do with Mikasa? Or Nassau? Sounds okay to me...

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,291 battles

Why not just have it as the A-hull option for it at T6?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,812 posts
26,850 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Why not just have it as the A-hull option for it at T6?

Yes, because everyone always loved driving the stock WWI hulls for Nagato, Fuso, Kongo ...

• Cool 1

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,959 posts
21,169 battles

How about make it the HMS Malaya?

She never went under the reconstruction the others did and was in service till 43-44. Thus she would have the WW1 look, but at least AAA armament of the 40s. In addition, she could be flying the flag of the Federated Malay States, which she flew during the Battle of Jutland.

That gives you your WW1 look Queen Elizabeth class, and some candy for the SEA server.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,291 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yes, because everyone always loved driving the stock WWI hulls for Nagato, Fuso, Kongo ...

Still part of the process, just like any other game.  You never get the vehicle/character/weapon right out of the box.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,812 posts
26,850 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Still part of the process, just like any other game.  You never get the vehicle/character/weapon right out of the box.

Ah, if only everyone thought like that, we wouldn't have had the weekly (daily?) threads about "Why do I have to play this POS stock WWI hull against fully upgraded T8's" ... I for one welcome the absence of a proper WWI hull for the QEs, if only to limit the amount of whining on the forum.

• Cool 1

Members
1,587 posts
34 minutes ago, Lert said:

Heeyyy. I did.

I'm the one who liked stock Fuso (against tier 8s too!). Told myself if I ever got a bad game that I would free XP it. Still sitting on a hoard of free XP. 

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,784 posts
5,102 battles

FUUUUSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Pagoda to Heaven! Was a 20km visibility with 12km range rifles on the A hull? Or at least felt like it. I think I lasted two matches in the A hull. 

Members
949 posts
4,357 battles

It is questions (and ships)like this , make me think the Tier system of this game is too small. Really need 12 Tiers . 

Possibly 15 , but IMO 15 would wreck the MM.  12 Tiers I think is really needed and would not affect game MM /battle time setup in a serious way, and it would improve the matches and match ups

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Ah, if only everyone thought like that, we wouldn't have had the weekly (daily?) threads about "Why do I have to play this POS stock WWI hull against fully upgraded T8's" ... I for one welcome the absence of a proper WWI hull for the QEs, if only to limit the amount of whining on the forum.

WW1 hull at tier6 is out of question,interwar refits perhaps can fit the ships but not ww1.

and people will still buy a ww1 QE tier5 premium just for a new queen port.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,757 battles
5 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

Actually, not that I want this to happen, but what he just mentioned may become a tier 5 premium at some point. WG has been reusing stock hulls a lot lately, and after what they did with Mutsu and what they are about to do with the Amagi stock hull - I'm pretty sure this is something that may happen for Queen Elizabeth as well. 15" guns at tier 5 ... they'll have to nerf the f*ck out of their krupp and dispersion to make this possible.

The difference is that the stock hulls for those ships were already modeled and in-game, so a premium Mutsu was easy to do.  I doubt they bothered doing a stock hull for the QEs, so they'd have to model it.  Lots of developer resources spent on something that probably won't make any money.  I mean, *I* would buy one in a hot minute!  But realistically I just don't see how WG will justify it business-wise.

3 hours ago, Lert said:

Actually, I did.  Well, not so much Fuso, that thing was butt-ugly stock.  Just a big long deck with masts and turrets stuck in random places.  I mean, I agree with your point on the whining.  I kinda wish when you finished grinding, say, Kongo, and you bought Fuso, you got the A hull at Tier V.  Then rather than separate upgrades you have one big upgrade and that puts you at Tier VI.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,313 posts
18,914 battles

WG never had to implement the stock hulls as they did. The visual differences between stock/top don't have to be fully reflected in the stats. There's no real reason to tie rudder shift or better shells, or massive changes to firing range to later hulls.

Only exception being the AA required, but at T5/T6 AA is pretty silly anyway, and it's stupid-as that Konig in her '1920's' state gets matchmaking with Saipan's circa 1946 Skyraiders is particularly nonsensical. That and the T5 carriers getting 1940's airgroups while the entirety of inter-war aviation is just about shoved into stock loadouts for the T4's....