Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Pinhead_

Iron Duke smoke stack

17 comments in this topic

Members
96 posts
6,895 battles

I was looking at the iron duke on the tree it dont look right.There is one big smoke stack on it.It had two smoke stacks on it i was looking at real pictures of it.WG messed up the Konig and Kaiser on the german tree.I hope they not going to mess up the iron duke too not looking like real ship of ww1.I don't upgrade the hull to the bayern cause it don't look like ww1 bb.I do the same to the bismarck too don't upgrade the hull to it.Hope what i see on the britain tree of the iron duke its not going to look like that one big smoke stack on it if so i don't want it.Ships got to look like the real thing or i don't want them.Isn't that the whole point to get them to play with i dont want wrong looking ships made.:cap_fainting:

farley_battleship.png

Edited by Hjr66
  • Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,614 battles

Too bad. It's to make her better for gameplay purposes. If it irks you it's fine, but no one's forcing you to play them.

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

maybe that is the stock hull?

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
1 hour ago, Hjr66 said:

I was looking at the iron duke on the tree it dont look right.There is one big smoke stack on it.It had two smoke stacks on it i was looking at real pictures of it.WG messed up the Konig and Kaiser on the german tree.I hope they not going to mess up the iron duke too not looking like real ship of ww1.I don't upgrade the hull to the bayern cause it don't look like ww1 bb.I do the same to the bismarck too don't upgrade the hull to it.Hope what i see on the britain tree of the iron duke its not going to look like that one big smoke stack on it if so i don't want it.Ships got to look like the real thing or i don't want them.Isn't that the whole point to get them to play with i dont want wrong looking ships made.

You will be very disappointed. Both Orion and Iron Duke have fake WW2 configurations. You can already tell from their stock hulls. Their historical WW1 hulls are just too weak from a gameplay perspective. That's why WG removed WW1 hulls from the likes of Kongo, Fuso and New Mexico. Only Bayern retains her original WW1 hull, but I believe WG will remove it eventually. It's no surprise that RN BBs have fallen down the same path as Konig and Kaiser.

Look on the bright side, at least you have a chance to get Iron Duke for free with the UK missions, making the grind towards Queen Elizabeth and KGV much easier.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Here's Orion as depicted in-game. Note the year which says '1934'. So what's the problem? Well, Orion was scrapped in 1923. :Smile_teethhappy:19452798_1518893104840020_62408402584899

Now here's Iron Duke.

19466726_1518893471506650_84993429618693

It's all well and good, except by 1939 Iron Duke looked like this (she's the one in the foreground):

096556b5dfd8a0263c3c904cd22a93a5.jpg

Quoting from the wiki:

her armour and much of her armament was removed to render her unfit for combat. She served in this capacity until the outbreak of the Second World War in September 1939, when she was moored in Scapa Flow as a harbour defence ship. In October, she was badly damaged by German bombers and was run aground to avoid sinking. She continued to serve as an anti-aircraft platform for the duration of the war

• Cool 1

Members
96 posts
6,895 battles

Everything looks like ww1 settup on it on the deck except for the smoke stack. WG put two smoke stacks on it im not upgrading the hull i want ww1 look.Should give us choice to have ww1 look or 1939 look.It didnt last ww2 worth nothing. i think this bb as ww1 not ww2.Thats whole point of making this bb for ww1 not ww2.:cap_book:

[RPTN]
Beta Testers
1,849 posts
4,954 battles

I'm not happy about the non-historical changes also, but what can you do?

[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

WG removed the stock hulls from IJN and USN. And some german ships already came without some of them. 

Players used to complain about the grind. But IMO it was nice we had the ships as they came to world. 

Members
96 posts
6,895 battles

I only want britain and german ww1 bbs made real like in ww1,The other bbs USN.IJN they was in ww2 i like them upgraded to ww2 i dont want early made ones of them.:cap_like:

[VRR]
Beta Testers
1,141 posts
3,935 battles

Have we seen what the upgraded hulls look like? Is there some 'what if' superstructure or something they've done, like the Koenigs and Bayer if you upgrade them.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
4 hours ago, sharlin648 said:

Have we seen what the upgraded hulls look like? Is there some 'what if' superstructure or something they've done, like the Koenigs and Bayer if you upgrade them.

Orion and Iron Duke already have unhistorical configurations on their stock hulls. For example, the deck between Orion's funnels is actually a boat deck but has been replaced with dual-purpose guns in WoWS. So it's safe to assume that their upgrades will have plenty of 'what if'.

[VRR]
Beta Testers
1,141 posts
3,935 battles
24 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

Orion and Iron Duke already have unhistorical configurations on their stock hulls. For example, the deck between Orion's funnels is actually a boat deck but has been replaced with dual-purpose guns in WoWS. So it's safe to assume that their upgrades will have plenty of 'what if'.

*grumble grumble* Oh well! Can't have everything...unless its the Russian DD line :p

And they better [edited]well NOT put the Arkangelski in as a premium before they add a R class ship to the RN line as a premium instead.

Members
650 posts
1,842 battles

The fictional Iron Duke hull looks a bit like the partial rebuild of Barham and Malaya, which is logical enough. 

[-FINS]
Members
363 posts
16,879 battles

I don't know if you guys ever played the stock Nagato.  It was really something and that something was absolutely miserable.  You had shells that didn't do anything along with armor that was abysmally low.  You would sail and throw a salvo out, maybe something would, maybe not, but whatever hit sure as hell didn't pen.  Is that any justification for not having historical hulls, not really, but at least this way it'll save you a lot of heartache and well free xp.

[VRR]
Beta Testers
1,141 posts
3,935 battles

I suppose, that at the moment one one bigggest objection to the RN BB line is this.

For three tiers, you drive basically the same ship.

The KGV is well..the KGV
The Monarch is the KGV with 15-inch guns
The Lion is the KGV hull with 16-inch guns

Visually they are near identical and nothing seems to change.  There's nothing exciting there, or different, its just three hull types that are visually the same :(

Members
650 posts
1,842 battles
4 hours ago, sharlin648 said:

I suppose, that at the moment one one bigggest objection to the RN BB line is this.

For three tiers, you drive basically the same ship.

The KGV is well..the KGV
The Monarch is the KGV with 15-inch guns
The Lion is the KGV hull with 16-inch guns

Visually they are near identical and nothing seems to change.  There's nothing exciting there, or different, its just three hull types that are visually the same :(

This has nothing to do with the topic of the thread. 

But the German BB line from T7-T10 is also visually near-identical (apart from going from one funnel to two) and nobody seems to complain about that.

Sign in to follow this