You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stargeezer54

Khaba not worth buying.

24 comments in this topic

Members
12 posts
27,125 battles

Since the last nerf on the Khaba it has become nothing more then a fast CA with crappy armor and crappy torps. It gets frustrating when you go thru the grind to get a ship you want and spend 20,000,000 credits on it only to have it changed. I have tier 5 dds with better torps then the khaba. I now mostly use the Tashkent as it is superior to the khaba in some ways. My advice would be for people to save their credits and not buy the Khaba.

Maybe I am just getting old and cranky but in my opinion the people running this game are becoming more like the government. They cant leave something alone until they completely screw it up.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles
7 minutes ago, _Luna said:

:Smile_facepalm:

:fish_palm:   :Smile_facepalm:  when once is just not good enough

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

Buying a Khaba for the torps is like buying a Hakuryu for the secondaries. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,496 posts
29,784 battles

They are still one of the most frustrating ships to hunt and kill in the game.

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,567 posts
28,823 battles

I just started playing her.  After all the nerfs, she still feels very powerful.  I fear that WG's torpedo nerf will force players to learn how to play her even better.  The same happened with Minekaze - her 10km torps were removed, people complained, and then adapted and suddenly Minekaze became a whole lot deadlier...

(note - this is before the IJN DD line split.  For reference to the "old" Minekaze, see Kamikaze/R, Fujin).

Edited by Lord_Zath

[5IN]
Members
2,109 posts
10,709 battles

The old 10k torps on Khab were only a nice bonus.  Not having them isnt a huge deal since they shouldn't be your primary weapon anyway.  

B

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

The Khabby is the ultimate gunboat. If you're using the torpedoes, you're doing it wrong.

[CVA16]
Members
9,115 posts
27,928 battles
28 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Is this a troll? I mean seriously is this a joke or something?

Since this was posted on the IJN DD page, I'm assuming TROLL/total sarcasm.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles
16 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Since this was posted on the IJN DD page, I'm assuming TROLL/total sarcasm.

I fear you might be giving OP to much credit...

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
57 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

:fish_palm:   :Smile_facepalm:  when once is just not good enough

200w.gif

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles
35 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

The Khabby is the ultimate gunboat. If you're using the torpedoes, you're doing it wrong.

Oversimplification; you use whatever you have whenever you can when given the opportunity. But if your torpedoes are your primary weapon you're most definitely doing it wrong. 

[PTRGT]
[PTRGT]
Members
4,535 posts
16,989 battles

If the Khab got nerfed, it's because of all the whiners about invisi-firing, stealth torping etc.  Seems WG listens more to whiners these days than they should.

[CVA16]
Members
9,115 posts
27,928 battles
3 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

(note - this is before the IJN DD line split.  For reference to the "old" Minekaze, see Kamikaze/R, Fujin).

Yeah, I was about to ask what you were smoking, but you are correct. At one time it was actually a choice between the Mine and Kami. I never saw the 10k torps but even in later iterations, small differences could make one better than the other depending on player preferences. Now, after even more nerfs, there is no reason to play the Mine if you have a Kami sister. Even less reason to play the Mutsucki. Both are port queens at the moment.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
454 posts
10,431 battles
3 hours ago, Stargeezer54 said:

Since the last nerf on the Khaba it has become nothing more then a fast CA with crappy armor and crappy torps. It gets frustrating when you go thru the grind to get a ship you want and spend 20,000,000 credits on it only to have it changed. I have tier 5 dds with better torps then the khaba. I now mostly use the Tashkent as it is superior to the khaba in some ways. My advice would be for people to save their credits and not buy the Khaba.

Maybe I am just getting old and cranky but in my opinion the people running this game are becoming more like the government. They cant leave something alone until they completely screw it up.

25mm on a DD = Crappy Armor :fish_glass:

Also why this posted in the Japanese DD sub forum?

[SALVO]
Members
28,159 posts
42,587 battles
3 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

I disagree on the torp comment.  I found the old 10 km torps to be a very nice option to have, particularly if you had any degree of concealment on your Khaba.  You could launch your torps at an incoming enemy ship (while you're not seen) then turn away and start opening up with your guns.  Enemies always seemed to ignore the Khaba's torps and would keep on pushing at you.  And if you were a cagey Khaba driver, you would pull the enemy ship right into your torps, and give them a real surprise.

[CVA16]
Members
9,115 posts
27,928 battles
1 minute ago, Muki41 said:

25mm on a DD = Crappy Armor :fish_glass:

Also why this posted in the Japanese DD sub forum?

I believe it has 50mm armor (and no citadel).

I think it is posted here to troll IJN DD drivers that had their ships actually nerfed hard.

[KSC]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,633 battles

Lol, and the fact this was posted in the IJN DD section is just the icing on the cake :cap_haloween:

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

Idea: The IJN captured a Khaba, but haven't gotten around to putting Shima torps on it yet? 

(OMG how OP would that be, LOL) 

Yeah, the armor sucks on that thing...as Martel shells bounce off like so much baguettes. 

ScYN2R5.jpg

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,359 battles
22 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

The same happened with Minekaze - her 10km torps were removed, people complained, and then adapted and suddenly Minekaze became a whole lot deadlier...

Quite true, and what was hilariously ironic about that whole situation was the 10 K torps were so slow a South Carolina could dodge them; they were not very good against anyone with any situational awareness. But oh, the whining!