not_acceptable

important scary question

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

15 posts in this topic

I want to start off by saying this is NOT A SUGGESTION.

this is NOT A REQUEST.

this is a question.

after the big patch this afternoon, I discovered in port, in my reserve, a captain that I had never seen before. while cute, she is very alarming.

Gunzo Chihaya, specializing in the T5 - ARP I-401 Submarine.

this is not one of my attempts to have fun, stir stuff up, or cause problems for anybody. just the facts, and only the facts.

now, a LOT of posters, and people that post here in the forum, have gone off blah blah blah, wah wah wah, etc, about how WG will never put subs in the game. but a couple months ago there was one in my harbor, and now this. well, been reading a LOT of posts from people that claim this, and that, blah blah blah, wah wah wah etc, and when they're done, they write (and we've all seen this) "prove it." here's an image. worth 100000 words.

so here's the question....    WG, if there are to be no subs in the game, why have a 10 pt capt specializing in subs in the game? 

shot-17.08.10_00.46.35-0838.jpg

Edited by not_acceptable

If I can remember those "submarines" were for some kind of event. They removed the submarines and stated that submarines will never come to WoWs 

They predict what your ship will become... a submarine

tenor.gif

:Smile_trollface:

they made some of the ARP commanders specialize in a submarine that doesn't exist in the game because it exists in the anime that they're from. they had and have no interest in adding submarines. it's there as a nod to the fans, and so the devs can have a laugh every time someone who has never seen the show makes a post like this.

2 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

They predict what your ship will become... a submarine

tenor.gif

you think it will just be his ship? or will his just be the first?

Edited by wonderwanker

As midnight said, it's a nod to the source material for the ARP content for the fans of the series.

WG could do this because ARP commanders/captains can be changed between all ARP ships without the need for retraining, thus making their individual specialization moot.

She's the deuteragonist of the Arpeggio of Blue Steel manga / anime and was included in the event as a nod to the fans of the show. In the manga / anime Iona is the 'mental model' AI of the submarine I-401 of the Fleet of Fog.

9 hours ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

Dont forget this guy
unknown.png

where did you recruit him? it is a him, right? (hard for me to tell with Russians) so he is currently active in a T5 SH sub?

cool name! a bit surprised WG would be so obvious about that. is the aquafarmer a special rank, or is it an attribute of that captain? does he grow kelp, algae, clams or coral? is it sort of like the fireworks feature?

AWESOME SHIRT! reminds me of a shirt I got in maui. is that suspenders, or overalls? if it's overalls, do they match the striped pattern? I have a hat just like that, but neither of the ears will stay part way up like that. is that a surgical process, like a Dobermans ears? what is the insignia on the forehead flap of the hat? is that a small campfire?

only a submarine capt would dress like that, as they tend to have pretty relaxed discipline on board. it does not surprise me that WG would include this sort of thing in the game, at all. with so much of the game tending a bit away from reality (strafing, islands, torp detection), they have been very sneaky and devious about the introduction of subs into the game, including a surprisingly realistic, STEALTHY approach to subs, as they rely on stealth for their very existence.

once again, this reinforces my deepest fears and concerns that WG intends to drop subs into the game, soon.

Edited by not_acceptable
stupid typos. not the usual ones, either. really dumb

As others have stated, Iona is an ARP (Arpeggio of Blue Steel) captain.  She appears to be a key character in the series, and, as such, she is included as a part of the collaboration.  It has nothing to do them setting the stage to add submarines.

Suggesting Russianbias is further evidence of it is even more absurd if you understand where he came from.  He was part of the April Fools joke this year when WG gave everyone a submarine with him as Captain.  The submarine was non-functional.  You could not queue up for battle with it even in some silly event like the Bath Tub even they did a while back.  Either way, it was a joke and a poke at all the "when are they going to give us submarine" people.  As soon as the April Fools event was over, the submarine and Russianbias, were removed.  At least they left us the port slot as a gift, and, no, it was not to give us room for a new submarine.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:56 PM, Sotaudi said:

As others have stated, Iona is an ARP (Arpeggio of Blue Steel) captain.  She appears to be a key character in the series, and, as such, she is included as a part of the collaboration.  It has nothing to do them setting the stage to add submarines.

Suggesting Russianbias is further evidence of it is even more absurd if you understand where he came from.  He was part of the April Fools joke this year when WG gave everyone a submarine with him as Captain.  The submarine was non-functional.  You could not queue up for battle with it even in some silly event like the Bath Tub even they did a while back.  Either way, it was a joke and a poke at all the "when are they going to give us submarine" people.  As soon as the April Fools event was over, the submarine and Russianbias, were removed.  At least they left us the port slot as a gift, and, no, it was not to give us room for a new submarine.

really? are you just making all this up? it would be a vast relief if you were.... because I KNOW WG would never mess with us just to be messing with us. the game is supposed to be fun for us, the customer, not them, as business owners.

but the above is a surprise... I chanced across the new ARP captains but not that....

ps  nice crossing paths with you today Inigo.... ...your side shut us out, if i recall