NikoPower

[In Game Competition] - Get Ready For British Battleships

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

99 posts in this topic

I feel better now; I really doubt I scored 90 citadels total.:Smile_veryhappy: Congrats to the winners!:Smile_honoring:

--IronDuke

Wow, if only I hadn't been tired enough to have to sleep so much on Sunday, I could have been in the top five. Great work, everyone! I thought I played enough, but good god, @issm.

8 minutes ago, NikoPower said:

Issm now officially scares me. 

Fiji is gudbote.

Grats to all the winners!

Just now, SeaRaptor00 said:

Fiji is gudbote.

Grats to all the winners!

Yeah, Fiji was the perfect boat for this contest. It didn't take me long to come to the decision. :)

5 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

Wow.  Nice job @issm, and everyone else who won!  :Smile_honoring: 

B

Thanks.... the score was a little higher than I expected. ~250 was the top end of what I was estimating.

5 minutes ago, NikoPower said:

Yeah, Fiji was the perfect boat for this contest. It didn't take me long to come to the decision. :)

She's still only one of two T7 cruisers I bought permanent camo for.  I'll always have her in my port.  She's in such a sweet spot at T7 for her mix of guns, torps, and detection.  Hella fun ship to play. 

Ah, great to see all the stats, and congratz to all the winners.

I notice that Stray_Dog and Withoutaname (great username, by the way) were particularly citadel-ribbons-to-damage efficient. Would be great to hear from them if they were using any particular tactics to boost their citadel opportunities.

PS: Since we're discussing our most memorable battles of the weekend, I had this [edited].

Spoiler

Iy2Oqs3.png

kU1L5Nb.jpg

I mean the [edited] [edited]. 6 kills [edited] and the [edited] [edited] high caliber, kraken unleashed, [edited] confederate. Didn't even [edited] die without selling myself dearly. [edited]! 600 more experience than [edited] [edited] [edited] to [edited] in the [edited] [edited]. Only a [edited] left and [edited] on points. To be fair, [edited] enemy team had some pretty [edited] good as well. [edited] just the CVs left. 

...So yea, all in all, quite a relaxing weekend. The million credits is because I completed the UK missions.

Spoiler

Just to be clear, I didn't actually just swear all over the forums- I just wrote [edited] a lot. I mean, some of these sentences don't even make grammatical sense if you replace the [edited]s with swear words.

Edited by senseNOTmade

Please excuse the crediting error. Dunk has been credited accidentally. This has been taken care of with recrediting. You now have your Belfast.

1 hour ago, NikoPower said:

Alright folks, all data has been received and verified. Here is what we have for the Top 10. Congrats to the winners. :) Issm now officially scares me. 

Player Name Devestating Strikes Damage Dealt Citadel Ribbons Total Points
issm 7 636425 393 400
CptJackSparrowed 3 258976 308 311
M_113 6 693712 138 144
afetus 1 161242 133 134
Stray_Dog 1 79032 105 106
Atom_Alchemist 3 200346 98 101
SpeedySpeedBoi 3 273101 97 100
Withoutaname 1 49687 94 95
senseNOTmade 2 141851 89 91
Tautomer 1 108455 89 90

Prizes will be paid out by tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon.

i would love to know how stray dog got 106 citadels, but only managed 79 thousand damage that just seems extremely difficult (100 citadels from a fiji is 310,000 damage) i do believe the data gather method is not as accurate as it could be.

Edited by Atom_Alchemist

6 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

i would love to know how stray dog got 106 citadels, but only managed 79 thousand damage that just seems extremely difficult (100 citadels from a fiji is 310,000 damage) i do believe the data gather method is not as accurate as it could be.

That may be correct, my personal tally was 265 citadels.

7 minutes ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

If I had to guess, by securing kills.

Thanks everyone,

So I used the volley method of fire. I had not played the Fiji until this competition. So I set it up with armor and fast turret turn rate. Attached are the stats for my Fiji to inspire new players and to show you too can do well with a new ship.

M

shot-17.08.14_16.01.10-0537.jpg

1 hour ago, CptJackSparrowed said:

When can we expect the announcement for the next one? ^^

There will be an announcement soon. As always, be sure to keep an eye on this section. 

2 hours ago, NikoPower said:

There will be an announcement soon. As always, be sure to keep an eye on this section. 

oh oh i know, highes potential damage in a warspite after earning a dreadnought medal

3 hours ago, Atom_Alchemist said:

oh oh i know, highes potential damage in a warspite after earning a dreadnought medal

They probably will not have an ingame competition involving a premium ship to be used for it.

Doah. I don't remember when but I did get 9 citadels in my Fiji the other day with division mates.  LOL..  not enough games in it though to be close.

8 hours ago, CptJackSparrowed said:

They probably will not have an ingame competition involving a premium ship to be used for it.

It has been done before, I recall there being a contest with Krasny Krym. It was run alongside a tech tree ship contest though.

8 hours ago, CptJackSparrowed said:

Actually, I've done this before. While I don't do it exclusively for a premium ship, sometimes I will do head to head competitions. Issm is right, I did do a Krym Vs Tier V contest and another one I can't remember off the top of my head. I have no problem doing that again. When I do those, I typically try to find two comparable ships and have them fight it out using the same win conditions. While I don't have this planned at least for the next two, I might after that. Who knows! :)

3 hours ago, NikoPower said:

Actually, I've done this before. While I don't do it exclusively for a premium ship, sometimes I will do head to head competitions. Issm is right, I did do a Krym Vs Tier V contest and another one I can't remember off the top of my head. I have no problem doing that again. When I do those, I typically try to find two comparable ships and have them fight it out using the same win conditions. While I don't have this planned at least for the next two, I might after that. Who knows! :)

\

Warspites vs bayern, dreadnaught medal and potential damagE?

i mean warspite has the heal, but bayern has the armor, and turtleback.