NikoPower

[In Game Competition] - Get Ready For British Battleships

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

99 posts in this topic

Nico,

Just to clarify, is it a single game number of cits and you have to get a devastating strike to qualify the game or is it cumulative cits for the weekend in the Fiji and you have to get a DS sometime to have them count? 

23 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Nico,

Just to clarify, is it a single game number of cits and you have to get a devastating strike to qualify the game or is it cumulative cits for the weekend in the Fiji and you have to get a DS sometime to have them count? 

It is number of Citadel Hit Ribbons and Devastating Strikes throughout the whole duration. 

5 minutes ago, NikoPower said:

It is number of Citadel Hit Ribbons and Devastating Strikes throughout the whole duration. 

So it's more a competition of "who can play the most games in the Fiji" as opposed to "who had the best game"?

Example:

Player A - 100 games with 1 citadel per game = 100 citadels

Player B - 5 games with 10 citadels per game = 50 citadels

Player A wins this?   (Assuming they both get a dev strike)

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT

The instant I by a Belfast, we get this.... time to see if I can get my dubloons back.....and average 6-7k base xp in RU DD a day.....and play the tier 8's I have and Essex for the Yamamoto campaign....:Smile_hiding:

WHY YOU HAVE SO MANY THINGS AT ONCE!!!!!!

i wanted to ask; one of the missions is getting a dev strike, yet it have to be done by the main guns or can be done with torps?
I say this cause i can have multiple citadels and 1 dev strike from torps in for example a dd and i would anyway be in contest cause i did a dev strike.

11 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

So it's more a competition of "who can play the most games in the Fiji" as opposed to "who had the best game"?

Example:

Player A - 100 games with 1 citadel per game = 100 citadels

Player B - 5 games with 10 citadels per game = 50 citadels

Player A wins this?   (Assuming they both get a dev strike)

Yes Player A wins. It is accumulative overall. As long as you get 1 dev strike during the competition, you are entered. 

1 minute ago, TheGreatKiller26 said:

i wanted to ask; one of the missions is getting a dev strike, yet it have to be done by the main guns or can be done with torps?
I say this cause i can have multiple citadels and 1 dev strike from torps in for example a dd and i would anyway be in contest cause i did a dev strike.

This campaign is not hooked into any of the missions/campaigns. ANY Citadel Hits you get count as long as the ribbon pops. Same goes for Dev Strike. 

30 minutes ago, NikoPower said:

Yes Player A wins. It is accumulative overall. As long as you get 1 dev strike during the competition, you are entered. 

Thanks for clarifying.

I'm out.  Going on vaca this weekend, so no play time for me.  I like the switching up of the winning criteria.  Still would like to see one with an average over a minimum number of games though.

On 8/10/2017 at 11:33 AM, NikoPower said:

No you won't. I will be requesting data specifically for this and they will tally it all up for you.

If you earn it, you should get the doubloon value. :)

Thanks for the update  

:Smile_great:

I'm going to give it a try... why not.  Fiji was fun..  its wortha shot.  I put Dunkirk Joe on mine...  we'll see how it goes.

Good luck fellow captains!

B

Good luck today everyone. 

I have a few more of these planned with different win conditions. Gotta keep you on your toes. Some will be easier and some will be tougher. 

Thanks @NikoPower!  I appreciate you and the WG team coming up with little events like this.  IMHO, it helps keep the game interesting and challenging to have something to play towards.  Given my Fiji skills, I have no delusions of grandeur that I'll make the the top 5 (and I already have a Belfast), but it's certainly worth a try!

Good luck fellow Captains!!  

b

If I may suggest, a fairer way to do this would be "Greatest number of citadels over your 5 best games"

I imagine that'd be tougher to judge though.

16 minutes ago, issm said:

If I may suggest, a fairer way to do this would be "Greatest number of citadels over your 5 best games"

I imagine that'd be tougher to judge though.

That would be almost impossible to track that against the entire server. It's a good thought but tough. 

I'm looking forward to this contest. Grinding like this can be a bit tedious, but given that it is only for two days I think it should work out fine for me. Now I better hurry and unlock the Fiji before the contest starts. :Smile_izmena:

8 minutes ago, CptJackSparrowed said:

Is it possible to have a running total of the top 5 throughout this competition?

If this competition was done the old way yes. This way, I have to do a data request so it isn't possible for this. 

3 minutes ago, issm said:

To clarify, it does not matter if the citadels come before or after the dev strike?

Yet. As long as you get one at some point. Even if you get 100 citadels before you get a Dev Strike.

I keep getting results like this:

Spoiler

aBONBPj.jpg5v3QIcT.jpg

It's surprisingly hard to score citadels with semi-AP, and even harder to get a dev strike... at least I'm raking in these killer-good games while I'm at it. XD Time to wait until I find a tier 5 match and dev-strike an Emerald or Omaha.

--IronDuke

Good luck everyone!!

Knife fighting Mogami's is quite fun in the Fiji. 

Spoiler

hSZPH1k.png