You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

World of Warships Settings Guide - Before Your First Round

20 comments in this topic

[F1RE]
Beta Testers
712 posts
18,880 battles

+1 - Well done - these should be pinned in the Welcome area so new players see them right away.

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
1 hour ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Tks. Some good info. However in my case the less clutter on the screen the better.  That stuff can get it the way at times. All I want to see is the ship's icon.  What type of ship it is.  If I want the other info that full alternative interface gives I just drop my thumb down to "alt" and there it is. QUICK! Anyone else like me?  Am I an idiot?  Simple to hit alt fast and that is what I do.  Of course I am older than most players here thus my vision to brain processing info skill thingee may be a bit, ahem, slower than many.  My vision is not super either. I don't like too much stuff on the screen. :Smile_honoring:

Of course I do have the map on.....but I am totally convinced that many players do not. That, in part, goes a long way toward explaining why some players do some crazy things. 

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,439 posts
33,120 battles

Nice work Zoup. I am sure a lot of new people will benefit from this.

Edited by alexf24

Members
566 posts
2,124 battles
On 8/7/2017 at 6:50 AM, NoZoupForYou said:

As always Lieutenant, thank you for the service for our countries. And your wonderful content you give to us.

Members
390 posts
6,454 battles
On 8/8/2017 at 1:06 AM, dmckay said:

Tks. Some good info. However in my case the less clutter on the screen the better.  That stuff can get it the way at times. All I want to see is the ship's icon.  What type of ship it is.  If I want the other info that full alternative interface gives I just drop my thumb down to "alt" and there it is. QUICK! Anyone else like me?  Am I an idiot?  Simple to hit alt fast and that is what I do.  Of course I am older than most players here thus my vision to brain processing info skill thingee may be a bit, ahem, slower than many.  My vision is not super either. I don't like too much stuff on the screen. :Smile_honoring:

Of course I do have the map on.....but I am totally convinced that many players do not. That, in part, goes a long way toward explaining why some players do some crazy things. 

Yep there are others like you. For almost the exact same reason as you I prefer less clutter on the screen and just bring up the alt info when I need it.

Apart from the slowing reflexes and bad eyesight I also like less extra elements on the screen for the immersion factor.  That's just a personal preference though.

[JFSOC]
[JFSOC]
Members
610 posts
9,244 battles

Great intel! Wish I knew this last year! haha! definitely sharing with new and old players alike!

[IV]
Members
5 posts
1,130 battles

Clearly more options than meets the eye, e.g., found the alt button. I'll give the alt setting a try. Also like being able to 'know', and change, what the rings are on the mini-map, and that it can be changed in size.

Thx,