Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LordSiege

need help from the tier 10 crowd here

4 comments in this topic

121 posts
2,175 battles

im having difficulty in my GK when it comes to fighting other tier 10 battleships, monty in particular, yamato is so-so to fight, even in one on one with secondary's blazing, it seems that i cant to any damage to them unless they are flat as can be or im hitting the superstructure yet they can pen me at any angle, any tips on how to fight them other then completely avoiding them or ramming them? 

Edited by warpig17

[SYN] MrDeaf 2,575
13,597 posts
8,781 battles

Proper angling and ammo selection.

<420mm AP shells will autobounce on 32mm of armor or better, if properly angled.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Gunnery_%26_Armor_Penetration#Shell_Types

Now, if you angle well, GK's armor will deflect even Yamato's 460mm shells.
If you angle poorly, you will eat a bunch of penetrations.

Fire HE at well angled ships, or shoot AP into the turrets.

[WOLFB] AlcatrazNC 138
800 posts
6,383 battles

Stay angled and close the distance. Yamato have to either tank bows on or kitting away if she wants to keep a good fire power without eating ton of damage. As a GK, you have the speed and if spec with secondaries, you have 11km range of fire starter. With your health and armor, if Yamato shoot a full volley at your broadside, you will eat a lot of damage, but if you shoot a full volley on a Yamy broad, you will kill him.

[SYN] Kapitan_Wuff 1,325
5,771 posts
9,759 battles

Don't be afraid to switch to HE. I know people like to scream in match about "OMG BBs using HE LuLz" but sometimes HE is the best choice, if the enemy is going to bow camp you then start some fires. 

Sign in to follow this