You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gman2900

Battlestations (New Gun Sounds and Ingame Voice mod)

37 comments in this topic

[-SD-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
569 posts
8,214 battles

After getting it to work again, here is my ingame custom gun sounds featuring "more beefier" gun sounds (actual tirpitz, bismarck & scharnhorst gun sounds) and ingame voice that i constructed from the Battlestations Midway game). The ingame voice is by no means perfect even tho i tried i personally still enjoy it alot more than the vanilla even tho they work together) to get every qouate and decibel as best as i could, some still come in not loud enough. Plus i added a "few" surprises as well. This may be added to in the future, we'll see. Anyways, good luck out there and god speed & hope you enjoy!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iw4fbzmfhm46viw/Battlestations.rar

• Cool 1

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,352 posts
4,536 battles
16 hours ago, Sephy_the_OWA said:

be nice to know how to install it >.>

or even a video sample to listen to what the mod sound like.

[ERN]
Members
618 posts
8,499 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

Agreed, perhaps you share with us a sample of what sounds we be expecting (perhaps a video of the sound mods in action?)

[JSDF]
Members
87 posts
4,858 battles

I really like the new beefier sounding main guns!  Is there a way just to have the gun sounds and not the new voices? maybe you can separate the files so it can be optional?

[ERN]
[ERN]
10,352 posts
4,536 battles
29 minutes ago, JDS_mirai said:

I really like the new beefier sounding main guns!  Is there a way just to have the gun sounds and not the new voices? maybe you can separate the files so it can be optional?

1. you can go to res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods/(Voice mod) folder and delete the Voice folder

or

2. Create a new folder for the voice in res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods. And then move the Voice folder from res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods/(Voice mod) folder  to res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods/(You new Voice mod folder)

[-SD-]
569 posts
8,214 battles
22 hours ago, Sephy_the_OWA said:

be nice to know how to install it >.>

Just drop it in:  res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods

[-SD-]
569 posts
8,214 battles
6 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

The only way i know how is through fraps and the video is so large to upload to youtube it takes forever on top of it. Anybody know of an easier way to make the videos where their not such a large file to upload???

[ERN]
[ERN]
10,352 posts
4,536 battles
1 minute ago, Gman2900 said:

The only way i know how is through fraps and the video is so large to upload to youtube it takes forever on top of it. Anybody know of an easier way to make the videos where their not such a large file to upload???

i used Loli Game Recorder to record my gameplay

[-SD-]
569 posts
8,214 battles
43 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

Will give it a try, thanks Major.

[JSDF]
Members
87 posts
4,858 battles
11 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

1. you can go to res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods/(Voice mod) folder and delete the Voice folder

or

2. Create a new folder for the voice in res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods. And then move the Voice folder from res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods/(Voice mod) folder  to res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods/(You new Voice mod folder)

Awesome thanks! Didn't realize it was that easy. :)

Modder, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles

I must be missing something. Is there supposed to be a "banks" folder in the res_mods/0.6.9.0 directory?  I put both of the provided files in the corresponding version folder inside res_mods and they do nothing.  Its not like I've never installed mods either.  Usually the mod just gives you a "content" or something folder and you just drop that in the correct res_mods/version folder and you're good to go.  Do I create my own Banks folder?  I don't want to break it.  Please help, I am so ignorant.

Un-altered, my res_mods/version folders would just have a single readme file saying "Use this directory for custom game mods."

[ERN]
[ERN]
10,352 posts
4,536 battles
4 hours ago, Inigo_M0ntoya said:

I must be missing something. Is there supposed to be a "banks" folder in the res_mods/0.6.9.0 directory?  I put both of the provided files in the corresponding version folder inside res_mods and they do nothing.  Its not like I've never installed mods either.  Usually the mod just gives you a "content" or something folder and you just drop that in the correct res_mods/version folder and you're good to go.  Do I create my own Banks folder?  I don't want to break it.  Please help, I am so ignorant.

Un-altered, my res_mods/version folders would just have a single readme file saying "Use this directory for custom game mods."

you have to create the banks/mods folder. first create banks, then inside banks folder, create the mods folder. Now the Voice mod go into the mods folder

PRZmqvJ.png

Modder, In AlfaTesters
390 posts
4,124 battles
1 hour ago, MajorRenegade said:

you have to create the banks/mods folder. first create banks, then inside banks folder, create the mods folder. Now the Voice mod go into the mods folder

PRZmqvJ.png

And the SFX folder too?

Also will this affect my other mods? Should I put all my mods in the banks folder? Thank you.

[-SD-]
569 posts
8,214 battles
8 hours ago, MajorRenegade said:

PRZmqvJ.png

Yes you will drop both files (voice and sfx) in the same folder. 

[-SD-]
569 posts
8,214 battles
On 8/9/2017 at 4:02 PM, MajorRenegade said:

Major, what settings are you using (can you provide a screenshot by chance?) as when i record the video turns out "black" but i can hear the audio fine???

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,915 battles
On 8/4/2017 at 10:21 AM, Gman2900 said:

After getting it to work again, here is my ingame custom gun sounds featuring "more beefier" gun sounds (actual tirpitz, bismarck & scharnhorst gun sounds) and ingame voice that i constructed from the Battlestations Midway game). The ingame voice is by no means perfect even tho i tried i personally still enjoy it alot more than the vanilla even tho they work together) to get every qouate and decibel as best as i could, some still come in not loud enough. Plus i added a "few" surprises as well. This may be added to in the future, we'll see. Anyways, good luck out there and god speed & hope you enjoy!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iw4fbzmfhm46viw/Battlestations.rar

Love it. I customized it with voices of Duke from Majors but love the guns. Can you change up secondaries and torp sounds soon?

[-SD-]
569 posts
8,214 battles
15 hours ago, Rickster1998 said:

Love it. I customized it with voices of Duke from Majors but love the guns. Can you change up secondaries and torp sounds soon?

I did attempt to fool around with the secondaries and AA but could not get them to work??? Some of the secondaries do work per example the iowa and i believe its the north carolina as well as they use the atlanta main batteries as their secondaries. In examples like that you will have modded secondaries where one ships main batteries will be the secondaries on a larger ship.

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Does it not work for 6.9? I can't get it to work...

I think I did it right...

LCyYoeK.png

[-SD-]
569 posts
8,214 battles

res_mods/0.6.9.0/banks/mods/battlestations

If you dont want the voice mod then simply delete that from out of the battlestations folder and you should be good to go!!!

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Nope, still doesn't work (at least not for Tirpitz, Dunkerque, and Duca d'Aosta) ... do I need to have the sound quality set to "High" in the Audio settings??

yOYK5PS.png

[ERN]
[ERN]
10,352 posts
4,536 battles
1 hour ago, dseehafer said:

Nope, still doesn't work (at least not for Tirpitz, Dunkerque, and Duca d'Aosta) ... do I need to have the sound quality set to "High" in the Audio settings??

yOYK5PS.png

go to in game settings.

Click Audio tab and go down to battle voicever, scroll through the options and find battlestations

[HINON]
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
52 minutes ago, MajorRenegade said:

go to in game settings.

Click Audio tab and go down to battle voicever, scroll through the options and find battlestations

That didn't do it either... all it did was make my French captain speak English. >:(

[ERN]
[ERN]
10,352 posts
4,536 battles
2 hours ago, dseehafer said:

That didn't do it either... all it did was make my French captain speak English. >:(

from seeing the screenshot you posted. I don't see the Voice folder, only the SFX folder. did you by any chance installed voice too?