So I have a question about ranked. Now, really I have to ask, because I feel like I'm missing something.  So, playing ranked every couple of battles I get a cruiser on my team that goes off goldfish hunting. By that I mean they take off at flank speed for the edge of MAP and turn in circles or something. Is this some tactic to preserve their ships HP until they can finish off damaged ships? Are they just bot type morons or what?    Mostly I've been seeing DD drivers doing their best, most get in lay smoke, ambush  and other dastardly things. point is most DDs I see are trying.  Battleships are half and half, some want nothing more that to hear their guns go off, and that's about all they do. others seem to really want to smack something in the face with their secondaries, and then dry hump the wreck, needless to say I like having the tanking bb drivers on the team.   But then it's cruisers. Now to be fair I love playing a cruiser, but it seems like 70% or so of cruiser drivers in ranked just wander about like they don't know what button makes the guns fire. some drive in circles and spam HE at empty ocean, some run to the back of the map and hide, some hide for first half of battle and then come out to finish off stragglers.   Is this some sort of tactic to preserve their ship and hope to decide the game in their favor? it dosent seem to work well. I've been in two ranked battles where out of nowhere a full health cruiser suddenly rejoins the battle and manages to get one of the last two kills after doing nothing all game.    Now I know there will always be the random AFK  jerks, and this is not that. these ships are moving, hiding and running away, only to sometimes rejoin fight near the end when the match is already decided.     Apart from that I've seen some pretty great Destryoer players, and people don't seem to AFK destroyers. granted some just get sunk quick, but they are playing.  I've also seen a few battleships do the same thing as the goldfish hunting cruisers, but with their much larger detection range they don't fair as well. so why do people try and hide for half the battle?    Anyway I did not know if other people have noticed this as well. Maybe I'm just not seeing why a ship is moving where it is and being overly critical? Or is there some protactic I'm not aware of (likely) that calls for someone to preserve their ship for as long as possible? please enlighten me.