NikoPower

[PHYSICAL BUILD] Build-A-Ship - For Parks!!!!

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

101 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, NikoPower said:

well all night works for nothing :/

No Peregrinas on the winners board?  :C  Thought you had this one, mate.  You scare me into adding more detail every contest.  Congrats to the winners! 

Congrats to the winners!  Some really creative builds here...

Wait... WHAT?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me???

Niko, are you ****ing kidding me? 

My 50+ hours wasted all for nothing?????

I'm sorry but this is NOT acceptable.

wth Niko?

I was expecting at least third place, but to not even place out of 6? What. The. ****.

Contests have only been getting worse and worse. You might as well not even mention "quality" and "complexity" as scoring criteria anymore, because it is obvious that quality and complexity were not taken into the slightest bit of consideration here. Overall effort wasn't considered that much either. Might as well just trim it down to "Entries will be judged on creativity." An out-of-proportion, messy, but "artistic" or "creative" creation seems to score better than an accurate, well-designed, and faithful creation.

On 7/28/2017 at 4:32 PM, NikoPower said:
  • Entries will be judged on creativity, quality, complexity, and most of all, overall effort.

Thank you Niko, for causing me to WASTE 50+ hours of my life these past two weeks. 50 HOURS. I will now hate to look at my model which I had placed on my shelf as it resembles WASTED TIME, but at the same time I will not throw it away because then IT WILL BE a waste of time for sure.

Edited by Peregrinas

34 minutes ago, UsagiGumi said:

well all night works for nothing :/

Your work for "nothing"? HA! How about two weeks' worth of day and night work, literally for NOTHING!

4 minutes ago, Peregrinas said:

A Lego build that is rather messy and does a poor job at portraying Iowa beat my entry?

Not everyone has the same artistic style.

Not everyone can appreciate the styles of others. 

But, everyone has differences.

It's considered common decency, at the very least, not to insult these differences.

It's also a violation of Forum Rule 2.5. I suggest you stop putting other people down in an attempt to make yourself look better.

19 minutes ago, Peregrinas said:

wth Niko?

I was expecting at least third place, but to not even place out of 6? What. The. ****.

Contests have only been getting worse and worse. You might as well not even mention "quality" and "complexity" as scoring criteria anymore, because it is obvious that quality and complexity were not taken into the slightest bit of consideration here. Overall effort wasn't considered that much either. Might as well just trim it down to "Entries will be judged on creativity." An out-of-proportion, messy, but "artistic" or "creative" creation seems to score better than an accurate, well-designed, and faithful creation.

Thank you Niko, for causing me to WASTE 50+ hours of my life these past two weeks. 50 HOURS. I will now hate to look at my model which I had placed on my shelf as it resembles WASTED TIME, but at the same time I will not throw it away because then IT WILL BE a waste of time for sure.

I mean, it was your choice to put in that much time. You could have just bought the pixel boats.

Just now, Kingpin61 said:

I mean, it was your choice to put in that much time. You could have just bought the pixel boats.

I put in that much time with the confidence that quality will give me points. However, it is now obvious that quality isn't even considered in these kinds of contests anymore. Seriously, this build was better than my Prinz Eugen build last year which ended up tying for first place in that contest. @thegamefilmguruman was there, tied for first place too if I'm not mistaken.

Just now, Peregrinas said:

I put in that much time with the confidence that quality will give me points. However, it is now obvious that quality isn't even considered in these kinds of contests anymore. Seriously, this build was better than my Prinz Eugen build last year which ended up tying for first place in that contest. @thegamefilmguruman was there, tied for first place too if I'm not mistaken.

I mean, looking at the builds yours was definitely one of the best. But i'm not a judge. So unfortunately, what we say doesn't matter as it wasn't by popular vote.

To think that I spent a day designing and then building the three quad 130mm turrets on Dunkerque... 

p03BynD.jpg

@NikoPower I request that you explain yourself

Edited by Peregrinas

To think that I spent a day designing and then building the three quad 130mm turrets on Dunkerque... 

p03BynD.jpg

Have you ever considered a carreer in architecture?  We prize model building abilities like yours.  AAAaaaand now I'm having first year flashbacks.  Had to build a tiny house out of heavy paper.  This is taking me back.

Spoiler

bHXEfVC.jpg
One of the most universally hated projects that everyone who had to do it remembers

31 minutes ago, Peregrinas said:

wth Niko?

dude, its just a contest, quit getting so worked up over nothing like you're always doing, meditate, relax

3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

dude, its just a contest, quit getting so worked up over nothing like you're always doing, meditate, relax

Imagine you just spent the last 10 years of your life training for the 100 meter sprint, and that you are only capable of competing once before having to retire. You compete, your time is somewhere among the top 3 (for gold, silver, and bronze medals), but you get kicked out by someone with a slower time because they tumbled and made the judges laugh.

Edited by Peregrinas

Imagine you just spent the last 10 years of your life training for the 100 meter sprint, and that you are only capable of competing once before having to retire. You compete, your time is somewhere among the top 3, but you get kicked out by someone with a slower time because they tumbled and made the judges laugh.

i wouldnt care, this is why people cant enjoy contests on the forums, because people will ALWAYS whine that they didnt win

Edited by tcbaker777

Niko chose those with the least forum posts so they wouldn't brag about winning unlike some other people...

Just now, tcbaker777 said:

i wouldnt care

You say that now, but I highly doubt you will actually mean that in the scenario I described to you.

7 minutes ago, Peregrinas said:

You say that now, but I highly doubt you will actually mean that in the scenario I described to you.

this is why people cant enjoy contests on the forums, because we'll ALWAYS have people that whine about not winning, your model is good, i'll give you that much, better than anything i could make from scratch, that's for darn sure

Edited by tcbaker777

2 minutes ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Niko chose those with the least forum posts so they wouldn't brag about winning unlike some other people...

Dunno about that.  I have a lot of forum posts.

Just now, thegamefilmguruman said:

Dunno about that.  I have a lot of forum posts.

These other guys have nearly twice as many as you to be fair.

32 minutes ago, Peregrinas said:

Your work for "nothing"? HA! How about two weeks' worth of day and night work, literally for NOTHING!

yes sorry :3