You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
behindurback

Why are BBs sooo scared of getting their paint scratched

63 comments in this topic

6,975 posts
3,902 battles
17 hours ago, behindurback said:

as a BB why are you even scared of DDs

I see a DD in my BB i charge at them and smack then with 1 salvo of AP shell for 10k dmg

BBs are the most OP class and least skill required, there is literally no counter to a BB unless its another BB

Because getting sunk by a few torpedoes is a very real thing.

Maybe you need to and use one.

Skpstr 1,616
13,428 posts
4,372 battles
1 hour ago, Edgecase said:

Other games have definitely had problems with this, but you'd be hard pressed to say BBs in this game can't threat tank.

Some exceptions apply, I guess. There's always that one 40 knot cruiser that sprints to the middle of the cap as soon as the game starts, but this thread isn't about that guy..

Depends though, on what each enemy player is concerned about. If your BB is bow-on to the pushing BB, that flamethrowing Russian CL at 14km might be a bigger threat, and if he's sailing broadside and presents a more tempting target as well...

[D12] Nachoo31 321
In AlfaTesters
2,893 posts
7,927 battles
18 hours ago, behindurback said:

as a BB why are you even scared of DDs

I see a DD in my BB i charge at them and smack then with 1 salvo of AP shell for 10k dmg

BBs are the most OP class and least skill required, there is literally no counter to a BB unless its another BB

Come at me once like that we make sure you understand why BBs are afraid of DDs.   :Smile_smile:

3,839 posts
59 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Only Myogi's on your team, welp, get angled with the stern towards the enemy and let them bounce stuff off your belt while you fling four 14" shells back at them every 30 seconds.  You're not the best BB tank, but you're sure as hell a better tank than the Danae, Phoenix or Kuma

Only works if the rest of the team pitches in to help, otherwise all you are is a HP piñata. 

In AlfaTesters
2,116 posts
3,449 battles
18 hours ago, behindurback said:

Repeat with me you BBabies.

the day you start making constructive posts and suck it up and accept sometimes you don't always get a perfect team, is the day you will stop calling people baBBies and start maybe deriving enjoyment from the game itself. 
The only constant is you, step up or shut up. 

• Cool 1

[ARS] Helstrem 316
997 posts
1,016 battles
42 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

Only works if the rest of the team pitches in to help, otherwise all you are is a HP piñata. 

Sure, but that is true of any tactic and any class in the game.  No ship, not even a Japanese CV, can win a match by itself.

Either you step up, risk being an HP piñata and have a good shot of winning if your team cooperates, or you ask to be carried uphill by your team.  Your choice.

315 posts
1,269 battles

The BBs I hate are the ones who take one hit and bolt to the other side of the map to hide.

[-K-] Pope_Shizzle 3,594
2,858 posts
6,328 battles

If I ever have the opportunity to be on the OP's team, I'm going to sail by battleships to the far corner of the map and complain about the price of my ship insurance.

• Cool 1

2,494 posts
4,884 battles

This same thing was discussed in a thread not a day or 2 ago for 5 pages....  Why create yet another thread on it before the week was over?

EDIT - only 4 pages: 

Edited by CylonRed

166 posts
6,724 battles

They don't move up because they are the easiest ships to hit.  If someone starts shooting at them normally lots of people shoot at them and they can't get out of trouble or disappear like other ships.  Plus it makes them easy targets for torps.  If they get a few people shooting at them it normally ends with the ocean putting out their fires.  Look at it this way.  Battleships generally have twice as many hps as a cruiser, but the hps a cruiser loses to he shells or ap, for the most part the BB takes twice as much since every he shell pens now and twice as many shells are likely to land on a bb then a cruiser if not more.   So really they are squishier then a cruiser with the only redeeming feature that they can do massive damage from long range.  

Edited by WES_HoundDog

121 posts
2,167 battles

the only battleships that are afraid to get their paint scratched are yamato drivers...... dont ever expect them to be within 10km's of a cap circle 

[NMKJT] KiyoSenkan 5,378
17,396 posts
3,741 battles
On 7/26/2017 at 11:25 AM, KalishniKat said:

Good destroyers counter BBs, good CVs counter BBs, HE spam from cruisers can counter BBs. 

Honest question: Do you play anything but battleships? I'm not able to access Warships.today and the WG profile page is garbage so I actually can't tell.

If you do, than I'd suggest picking up IJN destroyers up to Akatsuki or so. That'll teach you a lot about how to avoid being preyed on by torpedo boats.

12 minutes ago, warpig17 said:

the only battleships that are afraid to get their paint scratched are yamato drivers...... dont ever expect them to be within 10km's of a cap circle 

Nonsense. I drive myself closer because I want to hit them with my sword. The problem is the cruisers run away at the first sign of red and leave my 72,000 ton backside high and dry, turning a 5v3 into a 1v3 because they hate the color red or something.

Edited by AraAragami

[RUST] centarina 825
8,872 posts
10,799 battles

I've had bismarck hide behind my roon all match today.    and I was mostly at 15km range.  lets just day he ended up at the bottom.   giving out bismarck to bunch of inexperienced  players havn't done it any favor  :D