You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

12 comments in this topic

[BBC]
Members
355 posts
3,005 battles

I have been playing Tanks since Beta and left after it turned into full-blown Ebola Bombs to find my new love. 

IMO WOWS is far superior in every way. When they announce "We are updating the skill tree," it doesn't take them, 2 rival video games coming and going or 3 Presidental elections. It means they are coming out with it in 2-3 patches. [Im stil waiting for a certain armor game to change the terribad balance they admitted to over 2.5 years ago.]

Anyways, I found my home. The one unforgivable thing about WOWS

Spoiler

[besides them freaking me out by nerfing DDs and over buffing BBs, foreshadowing the Ancient Ruski tradition of "Heavy=Best" and "Heavy= the only class needed", and hopefully never following down the path of that certain p2w monstrosity I once loved.

Is that it was forced to use that ghetto game engine that really does struggle at best.

I have never had money, I seemed to always be building second-hand rigs or building a "2 part a year rig", so I have had every issue under the sun. From terrible micro lag [before they fixed some of it], to terrible memory leaks, all the way to having to downgrade CPUs from a "new" 8350 back to my old Phenom that had half the cores, but ran these games 25% faster. Or my old favorite was the sound pack that had leaky scripts and bigger files mixed with larger textures so getting hit in the latter part of battles, [usually when it was a very close] meant many times you would error out to windows. So we took these single sounds and textures out just to play our game that rewarded Single cores and didn`t

know the meaning of Cache.

Im wasting your time now so hopefully, you guys realize just how good you have it now. WOWS lately I have noticed is getting more errors than I have ever seen. But I also want to make sure it doesn't drive anyone away. So now that I am in the Support fields as a career I see these things in a different way.

WOT seems to have these super thick tutorials and huge pages on every known issue there is and WOWS barely has any. So I am hoping this saves us all a lot of grief.

So, if you are having this years keyboard smashing error like many others that says....

The Big World client has encountered an unhandled exception and must

close (EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION 0xC0000005 @ 0 x 0142F340)

(Read @ 0x00000000)

Spoiler

The Big World client has encountered an unhandled exception and must

close (EXCEPTION ACCESS VIOLATION 0xC0000005 @ 0 x 0142F340)

(Read @ 0x00000000)

then system info

OS Windows 8.1 or later

version 6.6

architecture x86_64

then

Memory info:

Virtual memory: 326644Kb/4194176Kb (x%)

Working set (process physical memory):

175836Kb/4194176Kb (x%)

Commit charge (working set + process page file usage)

187184Kb/4194716Kb (x%)

Global physical memory: 2974960Kb/16735976Kb (17%)

Global commitable memory (physical + pagefile):

3184712Kb/19488488Kb (17%)

If you cannot seem to fix it no matter what. You simply cannot get beyond the loading screen when that awful white box pops up. Then you go learn about this error often being about missing C++ Visual DLLs.

If you cannot seem to fix it no matter what. You simply cannot get beyond the loading screen when that awful white box pops up. Then you go learn about this error often being about missing C++ Visual DLLs. But still you're not sure.

Don`t fret. Just let me tell you its good your here and gonna listen to me, because if you had gone and downloaded a new client, it wouldn't have done anything but pop the same error and waste 4-8 hours.

let me tell you from personal experience, when you are starving for your ship crack, and tired from days of trying to fix it, and in a world where every single WOT problem has been checked and rechecked and had a fix created for it, where you are alone and doing some of supports job on your own and finally reinstall the game and the same exact error pops, you feel like boring out your temple with a cordless. Getting this error over and over is demoralizing. But having Google keep rerouting you to  WOTs crowd complaining about not having enough camos or premium tanks while you can`t even log into the game, and no one can tell you why

Summed up, what happens to most of us is one of two things. Either we installed other programs that use the same C++ DLLs [and actually most programs use these]. Then at some point we tried to start the game while those were being borrowed and the game failed. Or a program was deleted and the uninstaller thought the DLL was owned by, said program even though, it was really just on loan.

Or like me, you upgraded windows for your awesome new Ryzen, and was forced to go from win 7 to win 10 and you didn't realize these DLLs are stored in different spots. So when the game sees you on 10, it looks and either sees the wrong versions or the wrong locations.

Either way, your missing one of the Visual C++ installments. And since im so cool, I`ll make it easy on you and give you a single installer to install. [Vs us having to keep track of those 20+ plugins and files. Like we did in WOTs opening.]

So go here and DL the file. And install them. BUT DO NOT TRY TO RUN GAME UNTIL WE FIX NEXT STEP. OR YOU WILL LOSE THESE AGAIN, AND FIX NOTHING!!!

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html

While your at it. DL Windows Repair. This is amazing and it easily fixes and checks your systems path, variables and best of all resets permissions and policies without killing Apps or programs. It truly is great for this, because it can reregister all missing DLLs etc. And it runs SFC and DISM to fix your windows image and system files. I own it and bought it, because it was so amazing.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/video_using_tweaking_com_windows_repair_to_fix_windows_problems.html 

Now you are almost done. Simply navigate to WOWS main directory. for example, this is mine

C:\Games\World_of_Warships_NA

Find Preferences.XML and this is the culprit. 

This file is loaded and literally is what decides what loads and what doesnt. Imagine this is the reason you sit at the loading bar/circle. This tells your blank game what to run and how to run.

So everytime our game crashes, it has Pref.XML open and since it crashes, it doesn`t completely load and fails but worse, it trys to save a corrupted file. So, even with the DLL fixed the Pref file is now destroyed, but worse than that, you think the same thing is happening, when in reality that part is fixxed.

So because this happens, when you delete this file it goes back to vanilla game.

FROM NOW ON, IT IS WISE TO DELETE THIS EVERY ! SINGLE! PATCH! 

Think how many settings are hidden and saved. So you either get old settings that clutter it up, or you don`t get the new ones needed to run right.

What I do is copy a file called Preferences1.xml and never edit item, once I have all my map settings and carousel and graphics and audio. Then I copy paste the important parts when I load the game and it creates a new blank file. 

Im sorry about grammar in advanced, I have been up 3 days. But I feel so bad every time I see a new thread with this, I finally had to fix it. Or at least help.

I am also having the worst black screen issues ever. Now anytime I click a button [Like a GUI/SWF/Flash or Actionscript 3 button] I have a good chance of being kicked into a limbo state where I have to pull my BIOS battery. 

So see kids, things can always get worse. If anyone has info on this [I am looking at you support] Please let me know.

I am going to do a in depth Wargaming Repair Tool review as it's incredibly powerful and amazing tool, that for some reason WG doesn't push harder. But it tests Networks, PythonLogs, Directx, SWF files for memory leaks and a ton more. 

But with my luck I found the one problem [Black Screen] where I get no logs at all, and it might as well be like I never crashed. Also it's the only game it happens to. AND EVERY DRIVER IS UP TO DATE AND NOT CONFLICTING.

Ok guys I hope this helps you, if it does throw me some love. I accept all forms of voluntary Meatshields/Divimates to sacrifice there ships for my stats :)

Let me know if it helps and fixes your ship.

• Cool 2

[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,355 posts
16,409 battles

I don't think you are alone to bring this up. I seem to recall Flamu was talking about the same problem in a YouTube video too.

[STW-N]
Beta Testers
1,106 posts
12,718 battles

Worth trying SFC_Storm, I've done the first part but can't go any further as our issues are different. My client has been crashing out of game and just freezing the screen for the last few days and I'm thinking it's Windoze' oarsum updates etc.

I'll get back here but the exceptions are doing my head in and WG's lack of transparency when it comes to explaining their crappy xml systems in particular preferences.xml. This game has given me memory over runs even though I had 32G RAM... I really wish they would offer better support than "uninstall all mods"...

Edit: WG check tool ftw!

Edited by 33nfidel

[SRMC]
Beta Testers
2 posts
4,798 battles

Hello!

I downloaded and installed the C++ installments, but when it was finished and was looking for preferences.XML in the WOWS folder, i found that i didn't have a preferences.XML file at all.

What do i do?

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
142 posts
4,830 battles

gonna try this when I get home from work - but yes, what happens if you cannot find the preferences.xml?

[HDR]
Members
1,267 posts
4,229 battles
17 hours ago, sidewinder00 said:

Hello!

I downloaded and installed the C++ installments, but when it was finished and was looking for preferences.XML in the WOWS folder, i found that i didn't have a preferences.XML file at all.

What do i do?

Try checking game Integrity if that doesn't work there probably will be someone you can get a copy from or off of the net.

I would have helped you if I could, but I don't have enough media space to upload a preferences.xml file.

[HDR]
Members
1,267 posts
4,229 battles
3 minutes ago, Aratnomis said:

gonna try this when I get home from work - but yes, what happens if you cannot find the preferences.xml?

Just now, Silver_kun said:

Try checking game Integrity if that doesn't work there probably will be someone you can get a copy from or off of the net.

I would have helped you if I could, but I don't have enough media space to upload a preferences.xml file.

I don't think the game would run.

[D-H-O]
Beta Testers
142 posts
4,830 battles
1 minute ago, Silver_kun said:

I remember there is a place to do this but I looked all over game centre and couldn't find it - where would it be?

[HDR]
Members
1,267 posts
4,229 battles
1 hour ago, Aratnomis said:

I remember there is a place to do this but I looked all over game centre and couldn't find it - where would it be?

Okay, I don't have the game launcher open now, but try this, go to settings and check the tabs, in one of them I think there is the option to check game integrity.

[-TRM-]
Members
10 posts
8,844 battles

Followed all the steps, did the download and install of the files, deleted pref.xml and..... STILL get the same error message. I'm dying for my WoW fix!!!! (sigh)