Loco_lucas

camos
Have some premium Camo Paints Changed in the New Patch?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Since the update, I've noticed that the camos that are purchased with Doubloons for the NC and the camo for Anshan have changed. NC's used to be the water camo style, while now it's the standard one you can get with credits. Anshan's also seems different. I think it changed from its sea green to a blue one. I didn't sea anything about this in the patch notes, or did some files change? Am I just crazy? I really liked the sea camo where everything was some shade of blue on the North Carolina.

Edited by Loco_lucas

On 7/22/2017 at 10:43 PM, Loco_lucas said:

Since the update, I've noticed that the camos that are purchased with Doubloons for the NC and the camo for Anshan have changed. NC's used to be the water camo style, while now it's the standard one you can get with credits. Anshan's also seems different. I think it changed from its sea green to a blue one. I didn't sea anything about this in the patch notes, or did some files change? Am I just crazy? I really liked the sea camo where everything was some shade of blue on the North Carolina.

You're not crazy.  NC's camo changed and I'm not happy about it.  I think the "new" camo is generic and I wouldn't have purchased it the way it looks now.  I loved the water camo.  The new camo is undistinguished and boring to me.  Give it back, WG.  I paid real money for it.

Here's what it looked like when I bought it.  Tastes are subjective but one of the main reasons I splurged for the camo I had was that it was pretty unique.  Now it looks like every other damned camo in the US line.  

Edit:  I feel like it changed more recently than when the OP posted.

Edited by JohnnyThund3rs

The North Carolina has always had two designs of camo. The A hull is different from the C hull. That's why it changed, you upgraded your ship.

The one you paid for is still there, it's just on a different hull.

Edited by SergeantHop

3 hours ago, SergeantHop said:

The North Carolina has always had two designs of camo. The A hull is different from the C hull. That's why it changed, you upgraded your ship.

Wow.  Had no idea but I appreciate the explanation!  

On 9/20/2017 at 7:33 PM, SergeantHop said:

That makes sense. I might have upgraded hulls just before or just after an update and thought they changed it. Now i'm just sad I have to choose between unique but weak, or look so generic but have more health.

Are there any other ships that have changing permanent camo? Why does the NC have it, is it to represent different patterns the real ship had in her lifetime?

Providing we haven't sold the old hull off inventory, we are 'free' to look.  Otherwise it'll cost you.

Personally, I think the ugliest purchaseable permanent camo belongs to the New York.

Submarine Commander: Target bearing 274...  looks like a big floating glazed donut..   Hmmm..  I'm hungry.  Headed for the galley, bye.

14 hours ago, LordGomes said:

Are there any other ships that have changing permanent camo? Why does the NC have it, is it to represent different patterns the real ship had in her lifetime?

As far as I know, North Carolina is the only ship with designs that change based on the hull. I'm not entirely sure why the camo changes, but I do think it's kind of neat. My assumption is that it's based on different cycles in the ship's life, or just different distinct designs ships of the class had, but the latter doesn't really explain why NC is the only one that changes.

15 hours ago, LordGomes said:

Image is a little fuzzy but the top left shows NC's camouflage schemes.

2dbecb1ef2f85b0863540d274fc12354.jpg

Huh, that's interesting. Personally I prefer the NC's A-hull camo for the uniqueness alone.