Izolyn

New T8 RN BB Info

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

226 posts in this topic

Source: 

Doesn't look like it's anything particularly groundbreaking (KGV with 3x3 15", I guess), but I don't think it's been posted here yet, so...now you know.

1 minute ago, Ajatcho said:

who the hell is HMS Monarch? :cap_wander:

Is just basically 15" version of KGV which was planned refit for her class. The name is just given by WG.

So I guess probably she will be tier 8 tech tree and KGV with 14" in tier 7 prem

5 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

Damn; I rather have King George V 

It's sure to come as a premium, just like what happened to Scharnhorst and Gneisenau.

Just now, PelicanHazard said:

It's sure to come as a premium, just like what happened to Scharnhorst and Gneisenau.

Yeah I know, but for once I don't want to pay for it xD

17 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

Damn; I rather have King George V 

The King George V-class would do pretty terribly with it's historical set up at Tier 8.

The other Ships there are just better unfortunately, the Firepower change is simply massive between a 14" and 16" cannon in this game at that tier where having super-15" Cannons is deemed to be 'light-weight" in the Main battery.

This is...very interesting... I wonder then where KGV is going....

1 minute ago, Sakuzhi said:

The King George V-class would do pretty terribly with it's historical set up at Tier 8.

The other Ships there are just better unfortunately, the Firepower change is simply massive between a 14" and 16" cannon in this game at that tier where having super-15" Cannons is deemed to be 'light-weight" in the Main battery.

Why didn't they get Nelson on 8 and KGV on 7.. 9x 16 inch are better then "super-15"... 16 inch on tier 7 is maybe a little bit to much I guess

2 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

Why didn't they get Nelson on 8 and KGV on 7.. 9x 16 inch are better then "super-15"... 16 inch on tier 7 is maybe a little bit to much I guess

Because the hull of the Nelson is bad? And the guns should the worst 16in in the game?

And the KGV would have to be nerfed in all aspects EXCEPT guns to fit in tier 7.

4 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

So....whats wrong with Nagato and Colorado then? They're T7 both with 8 x 16 inch guns. Nelson has one more gun, the performance of these guns are bad, not suited for T8, slower speed than Nagato, terrible arcs for her secondaries, and is defenseless from behind.

1 minute ago, Ghost_msl said:

Because the hull of the Nelson is bad? And the guns should the worst 16in in the game?

And the KGV would have to be nerfed in all aspects EXCEPT guns to fit in tier 7.

If we know 1 thing for sure, is that most ships don't have their historical configuration, correct me if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

So....whats wrong with Nagato and Colorado then? They're T7 both with 8 x 16 inch guns. Nelson has one more gun, the performance of these guns are bad, not suited for T8, slower speed than Nagato, terrible arcs for her secondaries, and is defenseless from behind.

You are right, forgot Colorado and Nagato have 16 inch too, my bad

10 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

Because the 16" Rounds on the Nelson are barely better than the 15"s  you'd find on the Bismarck-class, as well as lacking in the RoF to make up for it. While lacking Ideal armoring and/or Speed and things for a Tier 8. 

WG went with the best option they could have (Though I would have preferred the Vanguard but that's me) which was a design option of the KGV.

Not to mention the Teeboos would throw a fit about it, just like they threw a fit about it not being a Tier 8 originally. Most of the Tier 7 Battleships have 16" Cannons, it is hardly an issue.

If we know 1 thing for sure, is that most ships don't have their historical configuration, correct me if I'm wrong.

Normally that is about AA-Suites and other minor things when we are talking about Battleships.

5 minutes ago, Sakuzhi said:

Because the 16" Rounds on the Nelson are barely better than the 15"s  you'd find on the Bismarck-class, as well as lacking in the RoF to make up for it. While lacking Ideal armoring and/or Speed and things for a Tier 8. 

WG went with the best option they could have (Though I would have preferred the Vanguard but that's me) which was a design option of the KGV.

Not to mention the Teeboos would throw a fit about it, just like they threw a fit about it not being a Tier 8 originally. Most of the Tier 7 Battleships have 16" Cannons, it is hardly an issue.

Normally that is about AA-Suites and other minor things when we are talking about Battleships.

Thing is; they could do something about the weaker 14 inch guns to fit her into tier 7. She would have 1 gun more then Nagato and Colorado and 4 guns more then Gneisenau. They make it a premium because of its history so people will buy them (that's fine by me, It was nicer to see her in the line itself)

6 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

Thing is; they could do something about the weaker 14 inch guns to fit her into tier 7.

They are doing that as a premium ship.

And the KGV would be fine at Tier 7 with the 14"s just not at Tier 8 that everyone was claiming it should be at.

1 minute ago, Sakuzhi said:

She was never T8 originally. They never gave her a tier in the stat card. The data mined stats showed her as T7, and that's where the confusion began. 

T8 would have been terrible for Nelson, the worst 16 inch guns, and facing Yamato? Her HP can't cut it. Not to mention her armor can't either.

No most people were shocked she might be T8, where she doesn't belong.

1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

No most people were shocked she might be T8, where she doesn't belong.

Was more referring to the KG V than the Nelson in that.

As for the Nelsons, I would agree.

Just now, Sakuzhi said:

Was more referring to the KG V than the Nelson in that.

As for the Nelsons, I would agree.

Basically KGV needed T8, Nelson T7. KGV is too well armored for T7. However, her weak 14 inch guns would balance her out at T7...so if the whole assumed plan of premium historical KGV at T7 goes through, I imagine her guns will be weak to compensate.

Just now, Dr_Venture said:

Why couldn't we just have Vanguard and be done with it? 

...so you want Warspite and Hood's guns at T8?

Just now, Doomlock said:

Basically KGV needed T8, Nelson T7. KGV is too well armored for T7. However, her weak 14 inch guns would balance her out at T7...so if the whole assumed plan of premium historical KGV at T7 goes through, I imagine her guns will be weak to compensate.

It really isn't too well armored for Tier 7, none of the T7 Battleships beyond the Scharnhorst would struggle penetrating that Belt at Combat ranges.

The interesting part about it the armor that no one has bothered to look at or mention is this.

The Colorado and Nagato have torpedo Bulges which add 25mm armor (to the Colorado, it's either the ENITRE belt or close to it). Not to mention to be honest with you, Firepower is often more important than Armor at T7+ Battleship gameplay given how powerful the cannons are.