SmokinCAT

AA Ratings.

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

32 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I totally agree and if you are sailing a BB, at least in my opinion I consider BFT and AFT skills to be vital standard issue skills needed for all my BBs. BBs are huge often a little slow, but immensely powerful ships so they are prized targets for air attacks not to mention very rewarding for the CV to sink if they take you from full HP down to 0. So adequate AA protection is essential, not saying you can to have AA equipment or Manual AA unless you really want to since BFT and AFT are usually enough for self defense to break up the squadrons and down planes so anything that does get through is lessened greatly.

Unless your desperate for the skill point swap that BFT for manual AA, manual AA almost allways destroys BFT in effectiveness and is only a single point more expensive, unless your doing a pure AAA spec, secondary spec, or you have main guns small enough never touch BFT, it just dosen;t add enough compared to basically everything else to be worth it. And even then in the first case Manual AA first.

2 hours ago, Carl said:

Unless your desperate for the skill point swap that BFT for manual AA, manual AA almost allways destroys BFT in effectiveness and is only a single point more expensive, unless your doing a pure AAA spec, secondary spec, or you have main guns small enough never touch BFT, it just dosen;t add enough compared to basically everything else to be worth it. And even then in the first case Manual AA first.

Except for the fact I usually end up brawling so the BFT skill is useful to me with that :)

Well yeah if your running full secondary take it. Duh.

On 7/17/2017 at 10:02 AM, Lionel92 said:

And than the moment arrives and you have a Missouri with only a surface detectionrange of 12,2 km.. US Battleships have already a good AA rating. You won't get more when it is 100

That's false actually. The 1-100 numbers are a general guideline, not a set value.

Even if it's 100 your AA still can get better via Captain slills, ship modules, and upgrades. The DPS value of each gun is what is litetally being buffed and there is no limit.

4 hours ago, Madwolf05 said:

That's false actually. The 1-100 numbers are a general guideline, not a set value.

Even if it's 100 your AA still can get better via Captain slills, ship modules, and upgrades. The DPS value of each gun is what is litetally being buffed and there is no limit.

Very much this.  For example, a ship with 100 AA rating attained from BFT, AFT, AAGM2 is not in the same league in AA capability as another 100 AA rating ship that has the same things as well as Manual AA trait, or even more with AAGM3.  Toss in Defensive Fire into the mix for AA Cruisers, it gets ridiculous.

On 7/18/2017 at 7:46 AM, Bril01 said:

It's not that huge of a deal, you will find most KM BBs won't be running concealment as they will have AFT and manual secondaries.  Sure it helps you sneak in closer on the initial push but to get the full effect you also need to hold your fire.  So unless you are sailing gun silent until you reach 13'ish KMs, you probably won't miss it.

Might not be a huge deal for ships that cant be citadeled except at extreme ranges.

I feel as though this should be a given answer.. but just to double check.. you are ctrl clicking/focusing squads to shoot down, correct?

It provides a massive difference as compared to not.. Montana easily shreds t8 planes.