lskid

Game issues on Windows Insider build 16232

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

13 posts in this topic

Since I updated to Windows Insider build 16232, the game UI and camera have been freezing outright very early in a battle. Just thought I'd ask here if anyone else was having this issue in other Creators-Update builds before I fresh-install and talk to Support.

You can not disable game mode completely any more, but from what I can tell, Windows does not see World of Warships as a game.

Yes, same issue here on Insider Build 16232.  I tried a fresh install of the game already and it didn't help.  Ships are also missing from Harbor.

Edited by LeadPois0ning

I rolled back to version 1703 build 15063.  If you go to recovery options in Windows 10 you should see an option to roll back to a previous build.  This fixed my issues.

Same issue here : can see ships in port initially, but when the problem kicks in can't see them in port anymore.

In battle, view does not follow ship, minimap doesn't update (all ships @ 0,0), battle map won't show, turrets won't track with mouse. Can still control the ship, but can't aim, and if ship goes out of my static view, well good luck.

Closed the client while in game, restarted the client and jumped back into game - got to control my ship for not even 10s before the view went static dead again.

Currently on Insider Preview Version 1703, build 16237.1001

Have a pending Windows update that is currently failing. May try rolling back tomorrow if I can't get this update installed or if it doesn't fix the bug.

Just completed the pending Windows Insider Update to 16241.1001, doesn't seem to change anything.

On first launch, ship will show in port but after starting a random, they don't show anymore and the view in battle is still static and stuck at one point. Also, the match waiting timer stays stuck at 22 seconds and won't go into the battle unless you press 'Start battle (match?)'.

Damage doesn't show on the ship status icon, HP doesn't show as going down, but it does.

The joys of using a beta OS. I too had those issues on Insider and rolled back to the CU to fix it, seeing as this is one of the only games I am playing at the moment.

When I tried to roll back, it wiped my OS... GG...

Did a fresh install and the game's good again.

Ugh, only solution from WoWS support is to revert to a prior Windows version. Given the results of Iskid, I'm not inclined to try that solution just to get WoWS running.

And what of the next Insider Preview version, will they suggest the same solution if the problem is still there?

I'd still like to know how a Windows Update can break the behavior of the game in this way... I'd understand no sound, glitchy graphics, crashes, etc, but this - I'm baffled...

2 hours ago, BuckChorris said:

I'd still like to know how a Windows Update can break the behavior of the game in this way... I'd understand no sound, glitchy graphics, crashes, etc, but this - I'm baffled...

Ask Microsoft. Who knows what they change under the hood from one Insider release to the next. As far as the game having problems on the latest Insider builds; don't forget that running Insider builds is nothing more than beta testing. It was never meant to be used as a day to day OS. If you can't handle any of the problems that crop up from time to time, go back and install the latest Creator's Update production build. That or dual boot so you can keep using/testing the latest Insider build, and have the current official release for when there are problems.

Also as much as you might wish it so, Wargaming is under zero obligation to make sure that the game runs on anything other than the latest official version(s) of Windows (Anniversary and Creator's). They can and do have enough problems with that at times, and you can't expect them to try and keep up with whatever changes Microsoft may make every time they release the next Insider build.