• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Pigeon, someone needs to take a look at the Bastille Day missions. The base XP is horrifically out of this world, even more so when you consider the reward for earning it, with the exception of the third mission set.

150,000 base XP in 14 days? Really? You actually think many among us can really get this done, in 14 days? More, once again, the rewards for the effort is horrendous, and to make it even worse, the best reward is for the 3rd mission, which has the LEAST XP! To top it off, the missions are then only available in Random and Ranked battles. In ONE nation's ships.

Honestly, do you guys actually check these over before you post them to us? I'm really not trying to be rude, but honestly, this is mind boggling.

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon

Error was in our math. Average 1000BXP x 150 battles (not 1500) = 150,000 BXP.  So about 10 decent matches a day. That is more reasonable. 

I have to agree, I only get 2-3hrs a few days a week. There is no way I will be able to do it in 14 days.

Just now, Kapitanleutnant_Ford said:

Error was in our math. Average 1000BXP x 150 battles (not 1500) = 150,000 BXP.  So about 10 decent matches a day. That is more reasonable. 

It's honestly still not reasonable, when you consider that much of the player base doesn't have the time to play 10 matches a day, let alone get lucky enough to have 10 decent matches, and then factor in that you have to spend all that time playing ONE ship line, for horrid rewards, third mission set excepted.

1 hour ago, Kapitanleutnant_Ford said:

Oh well maybe, But most likely still not be able too.

Edited by Chaos_EN2

I want to stress that I'm not attacking anyone, this is not a "WG hates us" post.

20 minutes ago, Kapitanleutnant_Ford said:

it's not reasonable. it's extreme.

10 good matches could take anywhere between 2 to 5+ hours. and the 2 is bare minimum if you're lucky. but the worst part is that you have to do it in the same ships over and over. you want to spend 2 to 5 hours every day for the next 2 weeks playing one line of ships? cause you sure can't deviate if you want to finish the missions.

this has to be an error in judgment somewhere. i can't imagine this was thought through all the way before it was pushed out.

Edited by MidnightShamalan

Definitely agree the rewards are not great, especially considering the last 9 SCs I have gotten have been "special" mods. 

Realistically impossible to reach to all but a few.

DeGrasse is not allowed.

The intermnediate prizes are underwhelming.

The final prize is great but I do not think most will be able to reach it 

It's a mission set for the hardcore players. I'm fine with that. They make other missions with a wider target audience.

1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's a mission set for the hardcore players. I'm fine with that. They make other missions with a wider target audience.

Even hardcore players are going to have trouble with this. And then there's the reward for 120k of that XP. Saying it isn't worth it is really understating things. More, I doubt we have many hardcore French cruiser players. Dunk, sure, but not that line.

2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's a mission set for the hardcore players.

It's a mission for players who have no other life at all.

6 minutes ago, Umikami said:

It's a mission for players who have no other life at all.

Hell, even I have enough of a life to not be able to do this, and ALL I do is game...

It is a bit unreasonable... Im only at La Galissonnière right now and would like to get up to Henri, but am nowhere nearly ambitious enough to think I can get there in 2 weeks...  oh well.  Will try for what I can get... any freebies are ok in my book.

B

I could do it, but I am sure I will burn myself out, if that's what you're asking.

That and I don't have the ships to cycle quickly. I only have Emile

I also think it's unreasonable. To get an ARP Takao it was less than 100K BXP and you got a month. This is ridiculous for a couple upgrades and containers.

EDIT: Not to mention I've been seeing missions on EU and Asia where they can get Smith or Tachibana for ~75K BXP.

Edited by pikohan

Base xp for this is a long shot at best except for the hard core " non working stiffs ". Make this just XP only forget the BASE XP crap.

2 hours ago, pikohan said:

EDIT: Not to mention I've been seeing missions on EU and Asia where they can get Smith or Tachibana for ~75K BXP.

Tachibana is worth it; players might quit over Smith (except for KrimzonDemon)

1 minute ago, Umikami said:

Ya, that's my point: they are getting a better reward for half the base XP.

Edited by pikohan

6 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Ya, that's my point: they are getting a better reward for half the base XP.

Were you playing when they had everyone do these lengthly, horrendous missions ...

and then gave everyone a MIKASA!?!?!?!

7 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Honestly, do you guys actually check these over before you post them to us? 

Yes, meticulously. I assure you. :fish_glass: 

So, let's say you have a lot of middle of the road battles at tier six or so and get maybe 1100 base XP. That's about 9 battles a day for 14 days.

Longest possible battle time is about 20 minutes. 

So this equates to about 3 hours a day, everyday for to make it (your mileage may vary).

Is this a tall order? Sure.

Is everyone going to have the time to play that much. Probably not. 

That said, it's Ranked season so if you like FRCAs than this isi a chance to earn some items along the way. and a lot of battles can be taken in different and higher tiers to make the mission go quicker. 

8 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

So, let's say you have a lot of middle of the road battles at tier six or so and get maybe 1100 base XP. That's about 9 battles a day for 14 days.

So this equates to about 3 hours a day, everyday for to make it (your mileage may vary).

That said, it's Ranked season so if you like FRCAs than this isi a chance to earn some items along the way. and a lot of battles can be taken in different and higher tiers to make the mission go quicker. 

releasing this right in the middle of the season was cheeky pigeon.

difinitely cheeky.

13 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Except the French cruisers aren't doing well in Ranked, so that XP gonna be low. What makes it the most tall of an order is the fact one can only use specific French cruisers, and for 120k xp, the rewards are horrific. Everyone wants the good rewards, you know, the last ones, oddly for the least XP, which in turn makes the 150k xp. I've been playin g this game for a year, and I'm pretty sure that in no 14 day period have I earned 150k base XP, and I have well over 4k battles across all modes.

The point we're all trying to get across to you is the event is poorly thought out, and most won't even try to do it. The point is that for less XP, we got entire SHIPS just a few months ago, now we get...modules we can already just buy. More, the average base XP is under 1000 per match, so, you see the issue, there. And then, you further restrict it to only PvP matches, when a large part of the community, oddly the part that does actually play French cruisers, doesn't gravitate to PvP.

So, I would have to respectfully disagree that this was thought out well.

*You may be trying to get people to play more French cruisers, however, I promise you, you aren't going to get the result you're looking for. We may want the rewards from the last mission, but it's highly unlikely more than a tiny handful are willing to suffer through all that for it.

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon

1 hour ago, Umikami said:

Oh you know it babyyyyyyyy. :D

Me likey me Touchy Banana as well. :D

52 minutes ago, Pigeon_of_War said:

Personally, I think you are going to burn out a lot of players.

I know how to have fun.
Most French Crullers are fun, but 3hrs a day only playing only a French cruisers is going to be very, very, monotonous and boring.

Also, ranked is 99% not fun to play, especially if you don't bring the better ships, so to suggest people play french cruisers in ranked suggest... out of touch?