Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SeaKnight_1990

Best Air Group Size

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

5 posts in this topic

What do you think is the optimal number of planes per air group? I'd say 4-5 is good enough across the board. Should some types of aircraft have more planes than others? 

Sound off in the comments below!

There should be more DBs than TBs in a squadron otherwise players would whine about TB's alpha strike (dive bombers can be scary too). Fighters are fine as it is from 3 -7 in a squad. Anything more or less than that would either take a long time to recharge if they keep dying (3 planes a squad) or one would lose a ton of reserves if an entire squad was shot down (7 fighters in a squad).

I say make all nations planes about the same in strength and size for fighter, dive bombers and torpedo bombers , also the same in causing damage output and identical torpedo drops . As people say this is not a historical accurate game, So make it where the players talent makes the difference playing any nations Carriers .........I think that it would make the CVs much more fair and honest for all nations and none will have more or less of an advantage then others ..... That's my Opinion ..........

It is my opinion that Dive Bombers, especially low Tiers, need to be standardized to the USN DB plane count, with the IJN auto-drop.

This thought occurred to me earlier today, but I'd like to see WG switch to a two load out plan, where the number/strength of planes varies depending on which load out you choose.

Load out 1 would be IJN squad size and characteristics with the ability to manually drop.  Loadout 2 would be USN squad size and characteristics without the ability to manually drop.

Tier 4 the load out would be 1-1-1 for both.

Tier 5 the load out would be 1-2-1 for IJN and 1-1-2 for USN. 

Tier 6 the load out would 1-2-2 for both.

Tier 7 & 8 the load out would be 2-2-2 for both.

Tier 9 the load out would be 2-3-2 for IJN and 2-2-3 for USN

Tier 10 the load out would be 2-3-3 for both.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0