FOCUS_1_

6500 Ping

  • You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

10 posts in this topic

This is becoming an everyday thing and makes it where the game cant be played. In my opinion WG needs to address this issue before anything else. I know for a fact im not alone in experiencing this issue cause i have talked with many players im online with and they experience the same issue. Look at it this way WG if people cant play because they are lagging out of the game with 6500 ping or more then they wont spend more money on your shinny new ships you try to peddle to everyone. Just something to think about. Hopefully they fix this issue soon.


1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never had a ping over 200, and that was when playing on the EU server and my son was downloading YouTube. That is with Century Link 10kbs (their slowest - all I can get where I live out in the sticks in S.W. Florida). Yes, one can get lag due to server problems, but most of the time a high ping is due to your isp or other activity on your PC.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was getting some insane pings, but at least part of it appears to have been self-inflicted.

I was dropping over 50% of packets on a link internal to my home network.

I've upgraded and things have been much better.

 

In general, if everyone was seeing multi-second pings, there where be a cry so loud you could hear it on the Moon (which is only a 3 second round trip).  Anything on the server I would expect to impact a significant percentage of the players and be noticed.

This isn't to say that there isn't a problem, just that I would look closer to home first.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

I have never had a ping over 200

I have, and it is frustrating as hell!

Having said that, usually it had nothing to do with the server end of it and much to do with the connections between client and server.

(my only helpful suggestion)


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ping spikes in the stratosphere and it's NOT my connection or ISP. And I am fairly close to the West coast server. As soon as the online player count hits 6000, lag and ping spikes. Also disconnects and "server warning" that tells you to leave and come back later. Really WG? So I should play at 3AM when there is nobody but bots to play alongside? God help this game if they ever get a population as large as World of Tanks. You'll have to live next door to their server to get a decent connection. BTW...Wargaming does NOT "own" their servers. They rent/lease them. And they are notorious for using the cheapest servers they can find. That was the problem for a long time in WOT. Finally people complained so much they spent some of their profits to get better servers. Hope WOWS doesn't end up in the same situation. :Smile_sad:

Edited by Deputy276

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2017 at 10:07 PM, FOCUS_1_ said:

This is becoming an everyday thing and makes it where the game cant be played. In my opinion WG needs to address this issue before anything else. I know for a fact im not alone in experiencing this issue cause i have talked with many players im online with and they experience the same issue. Look at it this way WG if people cant play because they are lagging out of the game with 6500 ping or more then they wont spend more money on your shinny new ships you try to peddle to everyone. Just something to think about. Hopefully they fix this issue soon.

The most likely cause is on YOUR computer or from YOUR ISP. Before complaining about Wargaming's lag issue, make sure the problem isn't on your end. Contact support and they will help you iron out performance issues with your computer.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Moonrider said:

The most likely cause is on YOUR computer or from YOUR ISP. Before complaining about Wargaming's lag issue, make sure the problem isn't on your end. Contact support and they will help you iron out performance issues with your computer.

and maybe you should just mind your own business instead of getting into mine. did you ever stop to think i was talking to wg and not trolls like you?


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FOCUS_1_ said:

and maybe you should just mind your own business instead of getting into mine. did you ever stop to think i was talking to wg and not trolls like you?

Did you ever think that's the most helpful advice you'll get? Have you CONTACTED SUPPORT WITH A REQUEST FOR THIS ISSUE? or just posted yet another [edited]whine post on the forums

Edited by Moonrider

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.