You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kelorn

The Warships Podcast is going to Wargaming HQ next week, submit your questions here!

46 comments in this topic

Kelorn    103

Hey guys!

As announced on this week's episode, KamiSamurai and I will be going to WG HQ in California. We'll be recording next week's episode there and would love to bring some community questions with us! 

Please submit your questions on this thread! We ask that the questions are clean and professional!

Thanks!

• Cool 1

Capt_Mexib    67

Why is my Destroyer, Kamikaze but any of them really, scaled as big as a Cruiser? 

Yes, I know, game ballance and all.

bat1159man    121

I would like you to ask them  if there will be an opportunity to mount additional flags (not signals) on ships.  The thread I created some time ago as a poll showed a good reaction to wanting this - 

RedSeaBear    2,270

Could we see the Brooklyn class cruiser Or maybe the St.Louis class cruisers in the game? 

For the St.Louis class to avoid ship confusion the USS Helena CL-50 would work. 

Random battle idea, A team captures a point that contains an island air base there by gaining plane squads that scout and attack enemy ships. Much like the aircraft we see in the Dunkirk operation. These planes shouldn't be as painful to deal with as the forts that got removed but give the team holding the airfield a slight advantage. 

1Sherman    802

What is the ETA for HMCS Haida in the game? I'd have loved if you had released it for Canada 150, but instead you decided to overlook it for a generic 4th of July event and as such, I'd love to see HMCS Haida released soon as atonement.

• Cool 1

4 Questions here:

1. When are we getting more clans stuff (like a size increase)?

2. Are there any other collaborations planned (NOT PREMIUM ONLY LIKE THE HSF WAS!)?

- Secondary Q: If Arpeggio of Blue Steel at some point in the future forwhatever reason had an anime reboot to match the awesome manga story, could we have the event return with more of the fog ships like Maya, Nagato, Yukikaze, Vampire, Chokai,  Atago, Bismark, Lexington and Repulse?

3. Are we ever going to be able to mount more than 1 flag (i.e one with benefits and one without)?

4. WHERE IS HMCS HAIDA?!?!?!?!?!

Umikami    1,177
2 hours ago, Capt_Mexib said:

Why is my Destroyer, Kamikaze but any of them really, scaled as big as a Cruiser? 

Yes, I know, game ballance and all.

it isn't; it's scaled at twice normal size so BB captains can hit it. Russian bias ... er ... balance. all DD's are.

Hateshinaku    3

What will WG do in order to compete with future naval titles?

World of Warships and the Engine behind it (Big World) is outright outdated when it comes to graphics and performance, one of the reasons for that may be that the Engine is still using Dx9 - a technology from 2004.

So long story short: Does WG consider graphics as an important topic? are they aware of the rising expectations of the PC Community?

Edited by Hateshinaku
  • Cool 1

Captain_Doll    157

(1) Ranked: Is WG satisfied with how Ranked Season 7 progressed? What changes, if any, are you considering for Season 8.

(2) How concerned are you that some experienced players may be quitting or playing the game less because there is no support for clan wars/team battles.

• Cool 1

NotoriousRNG    249

1. Are there plans to change MM to balance radars per team. Several instances  (not a lot but enough) where one team has 5 radar ships and the other team has 1. In the small sample i have experienced the team's with the most radar always win.

2. Do WG devs think steam rolls are a problem and is anything being done to address this?

3. Current season of ranked. What does WG consider successful - people buying premiums to find something they are comfortable in because they can't win? Number of battles? Number of people who played a battle? 

4. Due to the gameplay in this season of ranked being absolutely atrocious. What plans are there for team battles or clan wars? It's bad enough we suffer Dd's who won't cap during random. It's bad enough we suffer BBs firing HE from the map border in random. But in ranked, the only form of 'competitive' we have this is unacceptable. 

5. How long u til every ship in the game has 12km secondaries and radar?

Gib torpillow pl0x.

You have hordes of hungry customers waiting for the fluffy delightfulness that is a torpillow. Why have you withheld its tender embrace from us? Do you enjoy our suffering? Please, answer our calls for torpedo-shaped merchandise. 

MrDeaf    2,512

are you going to make more challenge coins?

Personally, I would be persuaded with a Yamato, Shimakaze, Ryujo or Pagoda Mast Fuso challenge coin.

or Scharnhorst, Dunkirk, Warspite, Warspite, Warspite, Warspite coin.

But I would only buy up to 2 of these per year, so don't spam them.

Edited by MrDeaf

BaronVonTom    161

With maps becoming stale, lack of team play/clan wars. etc.  What are your current ideas/plans for keeping veteran players on the site and bringing veteran player excitement back to the game?  

Ulthwey    367

Please include the following questions in your questionnaire:

1. CV rework, especially pertaining to USN tier 7-9, is it ever going to happen and if so, when? When can we expect WG to address USN CV loadouts?

2. Dive bombers, are there any plans for better in-game mechanics that would make DBs less RNG-dependent?

3. Graf Zepellin, are WG planning to sell this ship for full price ($45-50) when it only comes with a single 2/3/0 loadout? Is there and hope for us to get an additional loadout or a more balanced default loadout that features fighters, DBs and TBs in a single configuration?

4. Clans and team battles. When, if ever, is this going to be implemented into the game?

5. Matchmaker, tier 8s are constantly being thrust into tier X matches - is there any hope at all this could be addressed in the near future, if so, approximately when? Even if more balanced matchmaking would result in longer que times.

6. Karma, remains useless as ever. Are there any plans of turning karma into something productive? Perhaps higher karma would improve the chance of super containers?

7. Super containers, is there any hope of removing all modules from the super containers and improving the overall quality of the rewards? Not only are supercontainers incredibly rare, but vast majority of the rewards (which are mostly modules) are pretty useless at the moment.

8. Super containers, is there any way the reward provided could be given as a selectable option to the player? For example a player who rolls a super container can chose between 50k free exp, 5mil creds or 150 flags while bigger rewards like premium ships could be more rare and be handled on individual basis. 

Edited by Ulthwey

Zakuul    2,227

1. Is the CV rework being actively tested or is it on the backburner?

2. Will there ever be a more protected matchmaking (even slightly)? E.g. 5s almost always seeing 7s and 6s to 8s etc..

3. Clans, I believe there was supposed to be 3 or 4 waves of clans updates, we've only gotten one. ETA on the next one?

4. What made WG change so the HSF collaboration is paid instead of earnable like with the Arpeggio collab? Earning the Harekaze would've been interesting and I don't see a need to buy it because; Akizuki.

5. Super containers; When will the removal of the upgrades occur? There is nothing super about them..

Wolcott    431

1) Possible option to trade ships? E.g. Iwaki Alpha for Imperator Nikolai?

2) Customizable ports? E.g. Replace the two Kirov's (or whatever they are) in the St Petersburg port for a different ship like Aurora?

3) Why are Izyaslav's upgraded torpedoes incompatible with its stock WW1 hull, even though they are clearly named 'Model 1912'?

4) Gold unification/transfer when?

Edited by Wolcott

Atom_Alchemist    150

If battlecruisers are given their own line.

should they be a split off the battleship tree? 

or a split off the cruiser tree?

1. How would you guys ensure that the Japanese and American lines can stay competitive to the newer ship lines?  After all, the Japanese and American lines were created before all the different gimmicks.

2. Will World of Warships ever go ESports?

3. Will WG ever pursue more outreach with different ship museums? 

Zampy    385

When are they reverting the restrictive MM for low tiers

• Cool 1

Sventex    888

1. Are French Battleships still on track for release this year?  Or has it been confirmed they have been delayed for 2018?

2. WoTs has trade-in Premiums.  Will there be a chance to trade in our Graf Spees to get the HS Graf Spee with captain for a discount?

Edited by Sventex

Kelorn    103

Great questions guys, keep it up!

BrunoSchezer    340

I will ask again this one, because each time my question is ignored, but i will ask anyway any times if necessary:

Long time ago (like a year now), i asked this on one on these Dev Q+A:

-Question: According to this response sometime ago: “The experience was positive, but we’d do it if Turkish, Dutch or Spanish players played more actively. Polish players play quite a lot, so we released Blyskawica. The same applies to the Pan-Asian ships. We will add Moltke to the German tree” . Following that way, can we expect see later some ships, at least, individual ones like the Blyskawica, but the ones from South America navies, like Argentina, Brazil, Chile, etc in the game, if the statistics show much activity from the playerbase of that region?

I got this responce:

A: It's definitely an area we are looking into especially with some of the ships that crossed over between navies. Brazil has some interesting early ships as does Argentina.

1- Now, i want to ask: Then, what is going on?, there is a "progress" at some point to bring into the game at least one, just ONE premium ship from the ABC power?, one like ARA Moreno?, ARA La Argentina?, ARA Almirante Brown?, designs from Argentina, Brazil, Chile? something like this maybe?

Spoiler

7AsdI2A.jpg

Also:

2- When Roma?

3- Any progress over the Tone or she was abandoned?

4- Any work or plans for a second IJN CV / BB line for the next year at least?

5- B-65 / Kronshtadt when?

6- IJN Haruna when?

7-Will we see UP-41 and Cassone Design with 456mm main guns over the Italian Tech Tree or not? Also, what type of ship of that nation you will try to give us first?