Hannibal_Vader

Aug 26 Floyd Mayweather Vs Conor McGregor predictions

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

17 posts in this topic

I bet on how long it would take for McGregor to try to headbut or throw a kick. Based on Mayweather's usual style, he will dance around McGregor and land a few hits. I'm willing to bet this goes to decision. 

Hope it's a good fight but I don't know.  Switching from MMA to pure boxing style is going to take a LOT of maneuvers away from McGregor that he's been using and training with for quite awhile.  Mayweather, if he get's him in trouble and MacGregor reacts on instinct might throw out an illegal move..  But again just speculation.  I look forward to the highlight reel when it's over though. 

My brother-in-law is a heavyweight boxer (google "Comanche Boy" if interested).  The one match he did like this, he mopped the mat with the guy.  It's just too different, really, and not terribly fair to the MMA guys.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm torn between Mayweather fighting like his usual self and getting the decision or taking advantage of the fact he's fighting an amateur and just completely embarrassing him.

Edited by AspiringCodger

2 hours ago, NikoPower said:

I bet on how long it would take for McGregor to try to headbut or throw a kick. Based on Mayweather's usual style, he will dance around McGregor and land a few hits. I'm willing to bet this goes to decision. 

Sadly there is a clause in the contract for this. No MMA moves allowed . McGregor like the $$$ and he stands to loose a huge chunk if he uses any MMA moves. Will be an interesting and entertaining match up, i hope.

4 hours ago, LadyJess said:

Sadly there is a clause in the contract for this. No MMA moves allowed . McGregor like the $$$ and he stands to loose a huge chunk if he uses any MMA moves. Will be an interesting and entertaining match up, i hope.

Oh yeah, I know about the rules put in prior to signing the contract to even start. I'm looking at it more that I'm waiting for his instincts to take over. 

Mayweather as become slower...Mc gregor  cant use MMA move...will be interresting fight, but at over 100$ bucks...its a moneymaker fight. My opinion?

Mayweather by decision.

55 minutes ago, Bloodhound76 said:

Mayweather by decision.

McGregor does not do so well in the later rounds.

McGregor put a hit in,  Mayweather is going down.

If money mayweather goes down it will be the worst think for boxing. Because people can say look a MMA guy can just roll in and beat a undefeated fighter.

Well, I think this goes to Mayweather.  This is his style and what he's been fighting his career.  But as in earlier in the video, Mayweather should have this but McGregor has that puncher's chance.  Crazy things can happen in a fight.

I do think Boxing needs this for the exposure though.  Boxing doesn't have that wider spread appeal and name recognition compared to decades ago.  For example, back in the day, EVERYBODY knew about Mike Tyson and followed his fights when he broke out.  But now, average joes have trouble placing a great name from Boxing.

15 hours ago, NikoPower said:

Oh yeah, I know about the rules put in prior to signing the contract to even start. I'm looking at it more that I'm waiting for his instincts to take over. 

Ah, that makes sense, so sorry about that niko. :Smile_hiding:

18 minutes ago, LadyJess said:

Ah, that makes sense, so sorry about that niko. :Smile_hiding:

No problem. :) I didn't make my thought clear. I do agree, the money is huge and it may just keep that instinct under wraps. 

more than sure big money is going to wipe the mat with this guy. not to throw shade at mcgregor but boxing is a very different beast. he's got some big cojones to agree to match up against mayweather. will be more than surprised if mcgregor can gain an advantage. there's always that chance but, mayweather is like a metronome, man. very steady, very technical, and never misses a beat.