You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Krieg121

German BB secondary nerf in 0.6.8?

227 comments in this topic

Krieg121    20

WNG...please tell me this is [edited]. WNG is nerfing secondaries on german BBs? This is ridiculous...when I'm in a close fight with a DD (that i used sonar to detect) I live or die by my secondaries in Bismark/Tirpitz. I only play German BBs for the most part, if this nerf makes it to prod, I'm done. 

"German Miscellaneous: 

Ernst Gaede's HP on Hull-B increased from 15700 to 16500. (Previously this upgrade does not increase maximum HP.) German 88mm secondary HE's damage reduced from 1100 to 1000, chance of causing fire reduced from 7% to 4%; making it identical to the one on German DD's main gun. German 105mm secondary HE's damage reduced from 1300 to 1200, chance of causing fire reduced from 9% to 5%. German CLs with 105mm main guns are not affected by this."

• Cool 4

AraAragami    5,169

giphy.gif

Battleships get destroyers nerfed 15 times in 18 patches, "It's a necessary change, just adapt to it."

Single very minor nerf (seriously, less than 1% of damage potential is affected) on battleships? 

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 7

centarina    753
6 minutes ago, Krieg121 said:

WNG...please tell me this is [edited]. WNG is nerfing secondaries on german BBs? This is ridiculous...when I'm in a close fight with a DD (that i used sonar to detect) I live or die by my secondaries in Bismark/Tirpitz. I only play German BBs for the most part, if this nerf makes it to prod, I'm done. 

"German Miscellaneous: 

Ernst Gaede's HP on Hull-B increased from 15700 to 16500. (Previously this upgrade does not increase maximum HP.) German 88mm secondary HE's damage reduced from 1100 to 1000, chance of causing fire reduced from 7% to 4%; making it identical to the one on German DD's main gun. German 105mm secondary HE's damage reduced from 1300 to 1200, chance of causing fire reduced from 9% to 5%. German CLs with 105mm main guns are not affected by this."

Good bye.  and good luck.       can i have your tirpitz?  :D

• Cool 1

1nv4d3rZ1m    3,455

Oh gawd they are taking 100 alpha and a couple % of fire chance off a couple guns. German secondaries are now trash, WG y u do dis? 

I dont understand how so many people think this is such a huge issue and just have to have so much firepower that requires 0 effort to use. 

Sakuzhi    778
5 minutes ago, Destroyer_Kiyoshimo said:

Battleships get destroyers nerfed 15 times in 18 patches, "It's a necessary change, just adapt to it."

^This is a typical Hyperbole that has no basis on reality, standard issue DD-Mafia crying.

how so many people think

More like a handful, roughly the same size as the constant screamers about DDs.

And most of them are all "MAH PREMIUM" about it.

• Cool 1

Cobraclutch    1,030

Thank you! All we were missing was a BB  thread in todays game of "X Ship class is weak, nerfed, useless threads" 

AraAragami    5,169
Just now, Sakuzhi said:

^This is a typical Hyperbole that has no basis on reality, standard issue DD-Mafia crying.

The only hyperbole here is all the "This change will make German battleships worthless" crying that this very minor change is causing.

kerensky914    1,037
3 minutes ago, Destroyer_Kiyoshimo said:

Single very minor nerf (seriously, less than 1% of damage potential is affected) on battleships? 

I don't often agree with Destroyer_Kiyoshimo.  In point of fact, almost never.  But can't agree more here.  This "nerf" is *so* minor it almost isn't worth doing. So if you wanna toss your toys outta the pram over it, I suggest using Revo Uninstaller to make sure you get rid of all those pesky cookies and registry entries.

1 minute ago, Sakuzhi said:

Didn't you know?  *All* changes made to the game are nerfs to DDs...

Wulfgarn    2,054
15 minutes ago, Destroyer_Kiyoshimo said:

giphy.gif

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

Wulfgarn    2,054
14 minutes ago, Sakuzhi said:

More like a handful, roughly the same size as the constant screamers about DDs.

giphy.gif

• Cool 2

Kevs02Accord    96

Dmg nerf is negligible, however, the fire chance is cut almost in half. I find most of my secondary dmg comes from fires, so it seems like a pretty big nerf. Having said that, I don't know if this affects the Bismarck and up secondaries or not, I dont know what size they are.

AraAragami    5,169
20 minutes ago, Sakuzhi said:

Destroyer premiums were nerfed too. And a lot harder.

So I'll say the same thing that destroyer players have been told for over a year: Adapt to it, this is a necessary change.

Sakuzhi    778
22 minutes ago, kerensky914 said:

Didn't you know?  *All* changes made to the game are nerfs to DDs...

Very true point.

Mostly why I generally don't bother replying to someone that only views the game from an IJN-Torpedo Destroyer fan's eyes.

8 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I find most of my secondary dmg comes from fires, so it seems like a pretty big nerf

I played 3-4 Games in my Bismarck on Saturday I believe (working to the Fat freddy).

Here were the results: 100,000. 86,0000. 123,000. 65,000. 

Fire damage: 16,000 (4 Fires). 7,000(3 fires). 12,000(4 fires). and 4,000 (2 fires)

I went into it looking at the fire damage. It really isn't that big of a deal, it is a nerf. But not an overwhelming one, and honestly it is long overdue to be more uniform with shell diameter to fire chance on secondaries.

Secondaries are just that, Secondary damage to your Main Battery. The Bismarck and derpitz are a do-everything-well, type ships.

Destroyer premiums were nerfed too. And a lot harder.

Only nerf they've received is the same that everything received. Removal of Stealth Firing.

And it was a needed removal from the game, [edited] about it isn't going to change the fact that as much fun as getting railed over by an IJN Cruiser that you can't detect it wasn't an engaging experience.

Just like stealth firing at 10km with a Fubuki, because that was a thing. The lot of it needed to go.

Hurlbut    168
32 minutes ago, Krieg121 said:

"German Miscellaneous: 

Bold and underlined; this is why they're doing it to the 88mm and 105mm secondaries. One of the staff said if this hurt the German battleships they'll do something about it. All they're doing is to bring them in line with the guns of same caliber on German destroyers

Lert    16,196

Oh my serious everliving God! They deservedly apply a minor nerf to a relatively minor aspect from an overperforming line of ships! Whatever shall we do! Truly, the entire line is now woefully inadequately and totally useless! My word, we should just all sell all our German battleships, the sky is falling!

• Cool 4

TTK_Aegis    1,186

I love German BBs and I run secondary builds... and I agree with these changes. Heck this isn't even that big of a change. You're still spitting out an absurd amount of shells that'll light plenty of fires and do enough damage to make any DD really, really not want to be detected within your steel umbrella, and pretty much anything else think twice about closing in too. 

Lionel92    252
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Oh my serious everliving God! They deservedly apply a minor nerf to a relatively minor aspect from an overperforming line of ships! Whatever shall we do! Truly, the entire line is now woefully inadequately and totally useless! My word, we should just all sell all our German battleships, the sky is falling!

But, but, I love my Bismarck :Smile_sad:

Lert    16,196
Just now, Lionel92 said:

But, but, I love my Bismarck :Smile_sad:

Me too, favorite tier 8 in the game. But I honestly believe that any reaction more energetic than 'Eh, so I'll do a little bit less secondary damage' is an overreaction to this news.

• Cool 1

Lionel92    252
Just now, Lert said:

Me too, favorite tier 8 in the game. But I honestly believe that any reaction more energetic than 'Eh, so I'll do a little bit less secondary damage' is an overreaction to this news.

But those close quarters experts are fun to get :Smile_teethhappy:

Wulfgarn    2,054

So they allowed everyone the opportunity to get the Bismark so a certain premium would look more attractive for purchase.

They then nerf it shortly after.

I've heard something similar to this somewhere before...

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

Lionel92    252
2 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

So they allowed everyone the opportunity to get the Bismark so a certain premium would look more attractive for purchase.

They then nerf it shortly after.

I've heard this somewhere before...

Not the Russian ones, they aren't OP :Smile_popcorn:,they came from the hand of Stalin himself ^^

Helstrem    293
42 minutes ago, Destroyer_Kiyoshimo said:

The only hyperbole here is all the "This change will make German battleships worthless" crying that this very minor change is causing.

It is a very minor change.

But instead of addressing it as thus you choose to use those who object to it as hammers to hit all BB players with.  The vast majority of BB players, geven German BB players are not like the OP and have no issue with it.  Stop trying to make this a BB issue.

biddypapa    5

Well the range isn't being reduced at least, so it can still reset/defend caps which I consider to be their primary function.