You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Macabe

Supremacy League: Referees Wanted

16 comments in this topic

Macabe 5,652
Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,385 posts

Requirements/limitations/expectations:

• Can not be on a team
  • Can not pass any judgements on a team your clan belongs to
  • Only 1 referee per clan if your clan has a supremacy team(sub clans are counted as the main clan)
  • If your clan does not have a supremacy team playing there is not a limit on how many refs may come from said clan
  • Must read and understand the ruleset as well as refer to it for all dispute resolutions.
  • Must be civil at all times. Supremacy sportsmanship rules apply.

I do not expect referees to be online for every match. If you happen to be online and can help then please do. This is why i want to have multiple to avoid it becoming a job for all parties involves.

Rewards are not guaranteed. You might get a participant flag but beyond that it is a thankless job. If you or you know someone that might be interested in helping SL run as smoothly as possible: please pm me.

I am hoping to fill at least 5 slots for referees before season 5 begins in september.

[-K-] Lord_Zath 1,283
Members, Supertester
3,999 posts
12,959 battles

Sending you some ideas :)

4,002 posts
11,010 battles

I have some questions. I'm guessing the Training Room Mod is needed for Supremacy League? 

But is there a rule book to govern the actions of the Referee?

Does the Referee need to provide their own uniform of a black and white stripped shirt?

Is a Whistle or colored flags provided for the Referee to flag a violation? Or are the referees expected to provide themselves?

Are there any methods for dealing with hot head players or spectators who make comments on the Referees eyesight, parentage, and well being? 

Finally will Supremacy League cut into this season of Rank?

Asking for a friend.

Macabe 5,652
12,385 posts
1 hour ago, RedSeaBear said:

I have some questions. I'm guessing the Training Room Mod is needed for Supremacy League? 

But is there a rule book to govern the actions of the Referee?

The rules: Don't be an [edited] and only make resolutions after consulting the ruleset at which case you will also notify me and other refs in the discord channel of what transpired and the outcome. Generally it goes like this "team 1 took too many battleships" -> "team 1 gets a match forfeit for not following directions". 

Does the Referee need to provide their own uniform of a black and white stripped shirt?

Only on fridays

Is a Whistle or colored flags provided for the Referee to flag a violation? Or are the referees expected to provide themselves?

Referees will be provided a sledgehammer to hammer rules into the heads of rule breakers

Are there any methods for dealing with hot head players or spectators who make comments on the Referees eyesight, parentage, and well being? 

Such things break the sportsmanship section of the ruleset and will like result in some form of sanction. If its a streamer, they wont be streaming SL matches anymore if they have been warned previously. If its a team member: Bash the aforementioned sledgehammer into their head accompanied by a warning, match forfeiture or suspension(suspension requires admin approval).

Finally will Supremacy League cut into this season of Rank?

Qualifiers might. I don't think the actual season will.

Asking for a friend.

[D12] Nachoo31 321
In AlfaTesters
2,893 posts
7,927 battles

Guessing a referee will host a game?

Macabe 5,652
12,385 posts
6 hours ago, Nachoo31 said:

Guessing a referee will host a game?

No, mostly just settle disputes as needed or kill themselves if a streamer is by him/herself.

Macabe 5,652
12,385 posts

Still looking for Referees. :)

[RUST] Ducky_shot 405
1,042 posts
6,354 battles

That is something I would be interested in, maybe in the future. September is my jobs busy season though this time around

Macabe 5,652
12,385 posts
2 hours ago, 2k14sneaky said:

do you still need refs?

I wouldn't say we "need" refs by i don't plan on turning away volunteers.

[5D] 2k14sneaky 13
110 posts
6,539 battles

OK i got a few questions. Some members of my clan joined 1 of the NGA teams in supremacy league this season so:

1. Is my clan now considered part of NGA?even though we havent fully merged?

2. If I become a ref am I allowed to settle disputes of the 2nd NGA team that has no members from my clan?

3. If you answered yes to no.1, are there any NGA or 5D members filling that 1 ref spot?

4. when you not be part of a team does that mean I cant train with them??

[NGA-A] EpicLeveler 12
96 posts
4,541 battles

Since BigM stepped down from his position as ref, I believe we can have another as a ref. 

For your questions, as stated in original post: 

Yes, the sub clan is considered as NGA as a whole.

No, you may not settle disputes involving any NGA team.

No, as of right now there are no NGA or 5d refs.

It doesn't say anywhere that a ref can't support their team. Quite simply it doesn't matter because you won't be making any decisions pertaining to your clan(s). 

I believe that is it macabe. (We know you can't be everywhere at once ;))

Edited by EpicLeveler

[MHG] KazakArkov 0
4 posts
2,233 battles

Interested in refereeing League games lemme know please if some slots are still available! Also have a few more questions as of course but was wondering cause I would love to get more involved with the league and such but let me know either here or by email; jakeleslie13@hotmail.com thanks a bunch!

[SF-3] RHINO_Mk_II 144
593 posts
8,334 battles
4 hours ago, KazakArkov said:

Interested in refereeing League games lemme know please if some slots are still available! Also have a few more questions as of course but was wondering cause I would love to get more involved with the league and such but let me know either here or by email; jakeleslie13@hotmail.com thanks a bunch!

Season 5 is over; next season will likely be next spring.

[MHG] KazakArkov 0
4 posts
2,233 battles

Even better that would work great would love to chat with you about either being a ref or an announcer / streamer for it would be great to get more involved please!  

Macabe 5,652
12,385 posts
On 11/26/2017 at 2:23 PM, KazakArkov said:

Even better that would work great would love to chat with you about either being a ref or an announcer / streamer for it would be great to get more involved please!  

Please join the discord and message me there. :)