Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

14 comments in this topic

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

I've tried. I want to be a good CA driver. Why I don't know. My long suffering wife bought me the mighty Shiny Horse for a late Christmas gift, and that should have fixed me, as she goes great with a knuckle dragging, brawling, Yoloing, "Witness me!!!" "Banzai!!" Leeroy Jenkins type like me....

But then those goofy French CAs came out.... Tier 1 through 7? Yawn... wait...what is this at 8? Oh myyyy... I needed a Charles Martel right the :etc_swear: now. The Grind begins...and still goes on. :( I'm about 65k XP from her...and I'm not sure my sanity can take it. I just can't stay in the back and sling HP like a good CA should. I try and back up my DDs, push caps, etc....and get pummeled. Yeah, I asked for it. 

Burn gold you say and get it over with? Yeah... I'm broke, and even if I did have it, I'm told myself I wouldn't "cheat." The hell of it is, I know the Martel, while a fine ship, is just more of the same. 

But my ship A.D.D. won't let me sleep. 

Not salty or anything...but I had to vent. 

Thanks. Davos :cap_haloween:

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
101 posts
10,101 battles

I've been working to the Martel since they came out, taking sometimes week long breaks to cool off due to losing patients with sitting in the back. But the Algiere is good, personally since I took the incoming fire alert skill (since they're so fragile) I've noticed a large increase in survivability, so you might want to invest in this cheap skill. 
I played the Martel back on the closed beta, it was worth it for the grind. I have no interest in going past the Martel though.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Madness.

Madness in WoWS - well that's probably rampant.

I know many will say I'm mad, lol.

"Come in Pardner, sidle up to the bar here, what be your kind of madness, we got 'em all."

• Cool 1

Members
3,594 posts
7,435 battles

Yeah we all thru a period of venting and so on. Just a natural progression of sorts when you play or be played.  Tis the nature of the beast.  Just listen to your favorite music and maybe it will calm things down.

I like to play this while I battle one...over and over....

Edited by dionkraft
  • Cool 1

Members
5,454 posts
21,216 battles

Oh @Sir_Davos_Seaworth I totally feel your pain. Not the grinding of the French line, I'm don't even care about the Le French Baguettes. But the urge to get close and brawl is very strong in the Sinksalot Fleet. I love being a bully in my Scharnhorst and Tirpitz, pushing in to support my DDs while driving my Missouri. Getting close in my destroyers to mess up camping ships with surprise flash floods. 

But than I grab my cruisers, the ones with out smoke, and now I have to stay at range or employ cover. The sail around slinging shell from max range isn't that fun to me. Unless its Khab or Udaloi than its required. However when I do keep the enemy outside my detection range and keep the guns ringing I tend to get my best results. 

My advice for when you're sailing your long range Fire starters is stop playing the epic battle music and put on some easy listening tunes. Relax a bit and embrace the slow pace of burning your enemies to the water line. 

Good luck on the grind.  

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Madness? Hahahaha! You know nothing of madness Davos. Nothing

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
3 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

I've tried. I want to be a good CA driver. Why I don't know. My long suffering wife bought me the mighty Shiny Horse for a late Christmas gift, and that should have fixed me, as she goes great with a knuckle dragging, brawling, Yoloing, "Witness me!!!" "Banzai!!" Leeroy Jenkins type like me....

But then those goofy French CAs came out.... Tier 1 through 7? Yawn... wait...what is this at 8? Oh myyyy... I needed a Charles Martel right the :etc_swear: now. The Grind begins...and still goes on. :( I'm about 65k XP from her...and I'm not sure my sanity can take it. I just can't stay in the back and sling HP like a good CA should. I try and back up my DDs, push caps, etc....and get pummeled. Yeah, I asked for it. 

Burn gold you say and get it over with? Yeah... I'm broke, and even if I did have it, I'm told myself I wouldn't "cheat." The hell of it is, I know the Martel, while a fine ship, is just more of the same. 

But my ship A.D.D. won't let me sleep. 

Not salty or anything...but I had to vent. 

Thanks. Davos :cap_haloween:

Dude I dont know w.t.f you are smoking but Charles Martel is the best tech tree tier 8 cruiser in the game, even better than Mogami, and from what I remember the Algerie wasnt that bad bad either (a bit undergunned).

If you have issues with either of these, then its definitely not the ships fault. 

Edited by Ulthwey

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles
6 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

Dude I dont know w.t.f you are smoking but Charles Martel is the best tech tree tier 8 cruiser in the game, even better than Mogami, and from what I remember the Algerie wasnt that bad bad either (a bit undergunned).

If you have issues with either of these, then its definitely not the ships fault. 

Reading is fun and fundamental!  But yeah its my fault for trying to jam a square peg into a round hole. Still want a Martel however... 

[KSC]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,603 battles
10 hours ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

But then those goofy French CAs came out.... Tier 1 through 7? Yawn... wait...what is this at 8? Oh myyyy... I needed a Charles Martel right the :etc_swear: now. The Grind begins...and still goes on. :( I'm about 65k XP from her...and I'm not sure my sanity can take it. I just can't stay in the back and sling HP like a good CA should.

If you don't like the HE spamming play style and consider the Algerie to be boring, then I really have to wonder what you see in the rest of the line, as it's honestly just more of the same.  

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles
5 hours ago, yashma said:

If you don't like the HE spamming play style and consider the Algerie to be boring, then I really have to wonder what you see in the rest of the line, as it's honestly just more of the same.  

Dammit Spock! Stop trying to logical about emotional attachment to cyber ships! 

That being said, I started my Sunday with a heck of game... Photobucket has my stuff locked down, but you have to trust me when I say I won a brawl between two hot French girls... Algerie vs Martel...  The AP got loaded, and I ended up with three cits on her, one up the stern. (LEWD !!!) Then a Simms shot me in the back, and then we lost. :Smile_sad: 

Edit: Suck it Photobucket! 

qq1NqbA.jpg

Edited by Sir_Davos_Seaworth

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,105 battles

Let the madness take control over you and join Cthulhu the great! We have cookies btw.

• Cool 2

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
11,880 battles
On 7/2/2017 at 5:16 AM, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Reading is fun and fundamental!

Best reply of the day!

Sign in to follow this