Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

Members
147 posts
385 battles

hi.

my first 50 random battles were quite evenly balanced, with about 3/4s going the distance with close (within 200 pts) scores. talk about fun! at or about the instant I reached player level 15, the marine sky fell down about my head and shoulders with a resounding, soggy thump. (insert sound effects here: 'thump') ow. what happened? why? <------ these are the questions I asked myself, in my soaked, confused state. in an effort to answer them I took a look at some my replays, and started noting battle results. 

this is the stuff I think is weird and wonky in the game: (small sample size, but it looms large, hulking and impressive in my own mind! it's all I've got)

my battle results (stats) in losses are about twice as good as in victories. damage, ships sunk, caps, MBH, the only stat that is lower is survival. you would think getting deleted early would reduce the capacity for doing damage? the resultant WTR from losses has been higher than WTR from victories, even though 25% of the rating is based on team wins. so this is fairly significant difference. if I were not doing more damage in losses, my WTR would be lower, right? 

blow outs are occurring in 2/3rds of battles played, with battles over (literally) in as short as 8 minutes. the blowouts occur in losses at 2X the rate as victories. if the battle goes 20 min, would that not give you time to do more damage? this just does not seem to be making any sense.

friendly players (using the term friendly loosely) are going off on MM before the battle starts, most every battle. this baffles me... how can they tell it's a bad team, unless they feel so because they are on the team? their history is such that they know just being there is going to cause a loss? 

repeated, constant, really, really stupid plans, orders, advice and comments from players that obviously have no clue. if they spent the same amount of time playing and working on improving rather than posting their drivel, they would be on winning teams more often (or? maybe not?) am considering a suggestion (for the proper place in the forum) that WG institute a mental, psychological, emotional and functional test before admitting players to the game.... simply stating they have to be 8 years old min (or whatever the min currently is) to play the game is apparently not establishing behavioral or performance standards nearly high enough.

if any of you have had, or are having similar experiences, please share! or if you have discovered ways to effectively deal with this, would love to hear them. I hate to think I am once again the only one trekking this road.... alone. soggy and, like freaking out, man.  

• Cool 5

[SALTY]
Members
176 posts
9,324 battles
47 minutes ago, wonderwanker said:

the marine sky fell down about my head and shoulders with a resounding, soggy thump. (insert sound effects here: 'thump') ow. what happened? why?

what am i reading.

[PVE]
Members
12,068 posts
21,313 battles

There is a mod that tells them the stats of each player. If you have two monitors you don't even have to alt tab out of the game. Stats do not really reflect the caliber of the player there are many reasons not to have good stats and many ways to pad your stats.

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0670-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

After you get to the page and you hit one of the links to the download, don't click on what comes up in the main page look to the upper right and wait for the 5 seconds and click that. The host that they use is shady and tries to get you to click on the wrong link. Also just close the page that pops up in the background.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
858 posts
1,811 battles
59 minutes ago, wonderwanker said:

my first 50 random battles were quite evenly balanced,

Your first 50 battles were in the wonderful little sandbox set aside for new players, where you were only playing against other new players that haven't been affected by the saltiness of the average player.

1 hour ago, wonderwanker said:

(small sample size, but it looms large, hulking and impressive in my own mind! it's all I've got)

The fact that you realize that your sample size is small puts you light years ahead of most players, actually.

Unfortunately, there is no way to deal with what you're experiencing (and trust me, it gets *so* much worse).  You simply have to ignore the whiners and play on.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
19,173 posts
35,210 battles

All I've been able to glean is that some WoWs players do so dual-monitor; with mods or something to show stats on the second screen; and that's how/why they can kvetch and attempt stat shamming; because they have said stats right there to look at.

I want to win; and even though my strategic sense is somewhat lacking; I try to do things to help that come about. In the meantime, I don't worry that much about stats.

[SOL-B]
Members
217 posts
7,876 battles

Agree with Dunkerque, it gets much worse;   

Players in the back who hold fire waiting for the kill shot and then brag about how they save the game.    

Players that run from their own base if the enemy enters it.   

Move out of tier 3, some elements will improve but be replaced by new even more frustrating issues. 

• Cool 1

Members
147 posts
385 battles
4 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

There is a mod that tells them the stats of each player. If you have two monitors you don't even have to alt tab out of the game. Stats do not really reflect the caliber of the player there are many reasons not to have good stats and many ways to pad your stats.

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/2020-0670-aslains-wows-modpack-installer-wpicture-preview/

After you get to the page and you hit one of the links to the download, don't click on what comes up in the main page look to the upper right and wait for the 5 seconds and click that. The host that they use is shady and tries to get you to click on the wrong link. Also just close the page that pops up in the background.

thank you! will scout out aslains tonite when I am off work. probably won't use it though. those stats don't apply to me, i'm special.   :o)

looked thru shipcomrad, and when you get into average damage and ships sunk specific to a favorite ship, etc, it seems to relate to how good you might be... but I fail to see how you could actually look that up in a timely manner before battle was on. possibly they spend time doing that instead of watching the minimap, and seeing what's happening on screen??

also, my major reason for including my WTR signature is I love the pretty colors. not a big fan of the yellow/pink stuff, but the purple, lavender, light and dark blue, even with red, on the black backdrop are really cool looking.

but are there really players that open that open stat stuff up before battle and believe that's what determines the outcome of the battle? if so, why are they even playing? some of the battles in which I ended up with a lot of damage (by my standards) started out horribly! missed 3 or 4 full salvos before getting a bounce, 7 minutes in before 5k damage, etc.

• Cool 4

Members
147 posts
385 battles
4 hours ago, KingJacko said:

what am i reading.

I don't know. I know what I typed, how I meant it, and am happy with that. can't really say I know what you are reading, or reading into it, as there is a huge variation in reading skills and mental levels inherent in the forum here.

but it's important for you to know I care, and I know you don't care about what I think, but I care deeply about your feelings about what I wrote. really. I am not kidding this time.

• Cool 4

Sign in to follow this