Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Pyro

Which ship is better for Ranked battle after 0.6.7.0?

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

56
[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,578 battles

Hi, 

 

Just installed the update, and I am wondering which t6 is better for upcoming Ranked after 0.6.7.0. 

I have only one t6 atm (Hatsuharu), and don't have any commander sill on it :( (moved the crues to t7DD). 

I got Bismarck with 14 skills, which is one and only t8 atm. 

I hope I can pick a line & train as soon as possible before the next Ranked. 

I haven't played much battles in ranked (210 so far). After some patches there are lot of changes in game & came new tech lines too.

I never ever reached 5th ranked even lol. I had bad luck & worst play :(

So I am looking so advice from those experts who already won the ranked series!

 

Thanking you capts in advance for your help & advices. 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,431
[MOLD]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

Hatsuharu is better than Bismarck for ranked S7 if this is what you ask. I can't even follow the direction that your post wants to go, it is all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,578 battles
7 minutes ago, m373x said:

Hatsuharu is better than Bismarck for ranked S7 if this is what you ask. I can't even follow the direction that your post wants to go, it is all over the place.

I am looking  advices for;

> Which ships are better on t6 & t8 Ranked

> Which commander skills

> Which upgrades (including special upgrades from lucky containers which I saved sofar as Engine boost, Damage control party)

Moreover I am not a Carrier, Cruiser player

 

So which techline is best for t6 DD, BB ships & which techline is best for t8 DD, BB ships?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

If you only have one tier 6 (the Hatsu), I'd play that.  If the commander now moved to the Shiratsuyu (I presume) doesn't have too many commander points, you can retrain him for the Hatsu and then re-retrain him for the tier 7 once the season is over.  If, as I'd guess, we're talking about 10-12 commander points, it shouldn't be too demanding.

 

Or you can go out and buy a tier 6 premium, if that is an option.  In my opinion, at mid tiers it is less crucial to have a 10+ point commander in a cruiser or battleship than in a destroyer.  But it is probably better to choose the ship you know, even if it is not everyone's pick for the ideal ship for ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

The T8 league only kicks in once you have ranked out, which is not a problem that you (or I) should count on having.  Cross that bridge if it happens, worry about the tier 6 part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,578 battles
Just now, Lillehuntrix said:

The T8 league only kicks in once you have ranked out, which is not a problem that you (or I) should count on having.  Cross that bridge if it happens, worry about the tier 6 part.

:) thanks, I never had Ranked 1, so its not my part to worry about t8 league :). 

so which ship you think better for a DD, BB player on t6 & upgrades (special upgrades too from those containers)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,373
[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,618 battles

I know what many ranked players would say - Please for the love of God, don't play ranked.

But anyway, you answer yourself. You have one T6 ship, that's the one you're playing.

I say play your strongest T6, regardless of which ship it is. Unless it's a US CV, then [REDICTED] you!

Edited by CapnCappy
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,578 battles
5 minutes ago, CapnCappy said:

I know what many ranked players would say - Please for the love of God, don't play ranked.

But anyway, you answer yourself. You have one T6 ship, that's the one you're playing.

I say play your strongest T6, regardless of which ship it is. Unless it's a US CV, then [REDICTED] you!

Roget that, I really appreciate what you wrote :)
Why I play ranked its because of some medals (achievements)

Why some achievements its because those achievements gives x10 flags each 24 hrs. 
As a non premium player can get more from Ranked isn't it?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Well, if the Hatsu, you want at least a 10 point captain, since what the Hatsu will bring to the table in ranked is best in class concealment.  Something like PM or PT (the latter has its uses for strategic intelligence gathering) at skill level 1, LS as your first tier 2 skill, and Concealment as your first tier 4 skill.  Your tier 3 could be something like survivability expert, superintendent (more smoke for team play), or torpedo expertise.

 

If you have more points to play with, the tier 2 smoke screen expert skill has uses in team play environments like ranked, since half your team may try to jump in your smoke.  As does radio location at tier 4, if you know how to use it.  (Though if you take one of these, you might then wish to retrain the captain for randoms later.) Or just more tier 3 skills, since tier 3 is heavy with DD favorites.

 

Modules: Main armaments or magazine in the first slot - if you run the first, you should mount the anti-detonation flag.  Probably aiming systems in the second.  Engine or rudder protection in the third.  If I remember, Hatsu turns pretty well, so probably propulsion mod 2 (to seesaw in smoke, or get out when torps are coming in) in the fourth.

 

You should always mount camo - at least the type 1 concealment camo if not something better.  You almost certainly want to run premium smoke, for the extra charge and shorter reload.  Premium damage control is also a good idea; speed boost is less crucial (I think) but if you have the cash go for it.

 

Good luck, have fun.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,578 battles
12 hours ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Well, if the Hatsu, you want at least a 10 point captain, since what the Hatsu will bring to the table in ranked is best in class concealment.  Something like PM or PT (the latter has its uses for strategic intelligence gathering) at skill level 1, LS as your first tier 2 skill, and Concealment as your first tier 4 skill.  Your tier 3 could be something like survivability expert, superintendent (more smoke for team play), or torpedo expertise.

 

If you have more points to play with, the tier 2 smoke screen expert skill has uses in team play environments like ranked, since half your team may try to jump in your smoke.  As does radio location at tier 4, if you know how to use it.  (Though if you take one of these, you might then wish to retrain the captain for randoms later.) Or just more tier 3 skills, since tier 3 is heavy with DD favorites.

 

Modules: Main armaments or magazine in the first slot - if you run the first, you should mount the anti-detonation flag.  Probably aiming systems in the second.  Engine or rudder protection in the third.  If I remember, Hatsu turns pretty well, so probably propulsion mod 2 (to seesaw in smoke, or get out when torps are coming in) in the fourth.

 

You should always mount camo - at least the type 1 concealment camo if not something better.  You almost certainly want to run premium smoke, for the extra charge and shorter reload.  Premium damage control is also a good idea; speed boost is less crucial (I think) but if you have the cash go for it.

 

Good luck, have fun.

Nice & thanks for your tips. going to play some in that dd. May be I am going to ask leave form work to play some games haha. I have 218 hours of compensation :) lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250
[RCN1]
Members
835 posts
6,827 battles
12 hours ago, OMG_Noob said:

Hi, 

 

Just installed the update, and I am wondering which t6 is better for upcoming Ranked after 0.6.7.0. 

I have only one t6 atm (Hatsuharu), and don't have any commander sill on it :( (moved the crues to t7DD). 

I got Bismarck with 14 skills, which is one and only t8 atm. 

I hope I can pick a line & train as soon as possible before the next Ranked. 

I haven't played much battles in ranked (210 so far). After some patches there are lot of changes in game & came new tech lines too.

I never ever reached 5th ranked even lol. I had bad luck & worst play :(

So I am looking so advice from those experts who already won the ranked series!

 

Thanking you capts in advance for your help & advices. 

 

 

wait i didnt know you can use the bismark...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56
[JFFC]
Members
189 posts
18,578 battles
8 hours ago, ChineseSailBy said:

wait i didnt know you can use the bismark...

Yes it's only for those who after reaching the rank 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,890
[-K--]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,179 posts
10,923 battles

Grab Nurnberg if you've got skill, and Bayern if you don't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,616
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,122 posts
29,339 battles

Since it sounds like you will not be playing in a super-competitive way, I would recommend using the ship that (in this order):

  1. You are comfortable playing
  2. You can get a captain for with at least 10 skill points
  3. You would like to improve at

Regarding point 2, you can get free 10-point captains by completing the various Operations with 4 stars or better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×