You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

30 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
9,535 battles

I completely understand the want and need to make the game more realistic via the use of Team kill penalty. 
IF you kill a team mate, intentionally or accidentally, there probably should be some penalty.
The question is.....Does World of Warships want to be in the business of punishing their paying customers.
THAT, to me , seems like a pretty risky venture for any developer.   However, if you just eliminate team damage , then the game is not very realistic, and there is no incentive for people to NOT just enter a match and start sinking team ships.   So, ignoring team damage really isn't a practical option.
But 'Self imposed damage" IS a viable solution to team kill penalty.  
Not everyone who sinks a team ship is doing it intentionally.  I believe that the vast majority are simply accidents, and sometimes it's not the fault of the killer... Other ships have a responsibility to not steam into oncoming torpedoes, and it feels like the way that TK penalty is at the moment, that it puts all of the owness on the DDs. 
It makes far more sense to me, that in order to take WOWS out of the position of being the 'Punishers" and put them back into the position of  being "Gracious Hosts and Developers"   that,  instead of punishing players and having them develop an increasing  disdain towards  our developers and hosts, that you simply put any team damage back onto the shooter.  
As a DD player who is quite careful about torping my team mates, i can tell you that when i DO accidentally torp a team ship, and i KNOW it was just an accident, OR that the guy that i sank was just being stupid and steaming into a torp filled bay, that nothing makes me more angry than days and days of TK penalty.  Especially if i know that the accident was not my fault.  And WOWS then punishes me for days anyway......THAT, makes me close my wallet and not want to spend another dime with WOWS.   That's not how you build a paying client base, guys.
It makes far more sense  that if i were to hit a team ship with a torp......that that torp would do NO damage to my team mate and that ALL of that destruction should fall onto MY ship.   If that sinks me ,  it sinks. me.... and i'm out of the match...but i've done no actual damage to my team mates.   In this manner, WOWS is taken out of the role of being the" Punisher".

Lets say i launch a torp and it hits a team mate and does 10k damage....My little DD takes the 10k and i sink. ( but no damage is done to my team mate)
IF that accident was MY fault....then, so be it....I was stupid and i sank myself with a loose torp and i'm dead and out of the match, but, i'm NOT mad at WOWS, and i still want to spend money with you 
If that accident was my Team mates fault because he/she steamed into my torps, not paying attention......it still sinks MY ship......and i'm a little irritated with that team mate for not paying attention to his/her surroundings.....but i'm  NOT mad at WOWS and i still want to spend money with you.
But when i launch a torp and there are no team member ships in sight......and then 3 seconds after i launch that torp, a team mates ships just BLINKS into view and i sink it.....that's not really my fault, is it......but for the next FORTY-FIVE matches while WOWS takes on the role of  "THE SUPREME PUNISHERS"....all i can think is....."that was total [edited] and i'm never spending another dime on this game".  Because as a paying customer, thast how I Punish.....I close my wallet.
Be the gracious hosts and  developers, that you are,  not  the Punishers.
Let team damage fall onto the shoulders of the shooter and eliminate these lingering penalties.  It would instantly eliminate any malicious players from a match  because they're just killing themselves.  It releases WOWS from the role of  "PUNISHER".  And  ends the risk of people closing their wallets to you because they feel cheated.
It is not unusual to go into a match with 3 or more people on a team being punished with TKP.    To me, that means that 3 out of every 8 players is thinking about closing their wallets to you.   .....THAT is just plain bad business, when more than 1/3 of your clientele is considering cutting off the money.

Other than that....Love everything that you're doing....the addition of the scenarios mode of play is outstanding and adds a lot to the game, just as the addition of reward crates did.
You always want to leave your customer base feeling like you're giving them something...not selling them something and then surreptitiously taking it away from them by taking on the role of Punisher, which is how the current TKP system operates.
Come on guys  MAKE me want to spend money with you,  again.
=(

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

If your torps are able to hit your teammate it is your responsibility. It is not the responsibility of the victim to be watching for allies launching torps at them while trying to focus on fighting the reds.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

OP, I don't mean to get too off topic here but how much have you spent on this game, to date, do you think... total? Like $1000? $2000?

[TDD]
Members
1,236 posts
9,516 battles

Pink isn't punishment it is a warning. If it takes you days to work off your pink you are doing something wrong.

should take no more that 5-7 matches to remove the pink.

Members
23 posts
9,535 battles

I agree ...you're  responsible for your torpedoes.
But if  i launch a torp at an enemy ship and there are NO team ships in view or on radar....but then half way through that torpedoes flight path, a team ship just APPEARS, which  happens more than you 'd think to DD pilots......that's not my fault. 
Also...you're sort of missing the point.    It doesn't really matter WHO'S fault it is....the point is that the way that the current TKP is handled is unfair.   It's not necessarily intentionally unfair.  I just don't think it works well in it's current state.  
If it makes ME feel cheated..then it surely makes others feel cheated.   I'm not that unique in my thinking.  And , if people feel cheated, then eventually they'll stop spending. 
Ultimately, WOWS, like any game franchise,  has to operate as a business if we want it to continue.....I don't want this to end because people feel cheated and eventually stop spending.

Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles
10 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It is not the responsibility of the victim to be watching for allies launching torps at them while trying to focus on fighting the reds.

Yes, yes it is, keeping fields of fire open for friendlies is part of the teamwork aspect of the game.  Shooters have an obligation as well, no doubt, but people confuse the issue of responsibility for firing with an absolution of responsibility for movements by others.

• Cool 1

Members
23 posts
9,535 battles
Just now, 440951Tterribilis said:
7 minutes ago, CapnCappy said:

OP, I don't mean to get too off topic here but how much have you spent on this game, to date, do you think... total? Like $1000? $2000?

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts

Sometimes Sh1t happens in war. To my mind it should happen so infrequently that if you should get pink - play your games and move on.

If it happens so often that it annoys you, then I would suggest you aren't giving enough consideration to your team mates in the first place(?) With torps you have to check your mini-map and the position of your team; last time I got pink it was because a friendly was hit in the rudder by the BB he was trying to escape and did a 180 back into my torps lol. Even after waiting for him to get out (and he was trying!), and with a good 20 secs before they hit him (20 secs of me typing 'Torps Torps Torps!').

But in the end they were my torps and a friendly was in the area; he was good about it lol.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts
8 minutes ago, SyndicatedINC said:

Yes, yes it is, keeping fields of fire open for friendlies is part of the teamwork aspect of the game.  Shooters have an obligation as well, no doubt, but people confuse the issue of responsibility for firing with an absolution of responsibility for movements by others.

A good point as it is a team game. As I pull the trigger, I see it as my fault, but sometimes I feel certain ships cut you off so they can get in first - not cool as it can lead to accidents, but that's up to them (all you can do is try to be careful). I think most people playing the game try to consider their team mates. :Smile_honoring: 

Edited by _WaveRider_

[O_O]
Members
7,894 posts
22,076 battles
3 hours ago, 440951Tterribilis said:

I believe that the vast majority are simply accidents, and sometimes it's not the fault of the killer... Other ships have a responsibility to not steam into oncoming torpedoes, and it feels like the way that TK penalty is at the moment, that it puts all of the owness on the DDs.

...instead of punishing players and having them develop an increasing  disdain towards  our developers and hosts, that you simply put any team damage back onto the shooter.  
It makes far more sense  that if i were to hit a team ship with a torp......that that torp would do NO damage to my team mate and that ALL of that destruction should fall onto MY ship.   If that sinks me ,  it sinks. me.... and i'm out of the match...but i've done no actual damage to my team mates.   In this manner, WOWS is taken out of the role of being the" Punisher".

...that's not really my fault, is it......but for the next FORTY-FIVE matches while WOWS takes on the role of  "THE SUPREME PUNISHERS"....all i can think is....."that was total [edited] and i'm never spending another dime on this game".  Because as a paying customer, thast how I Punish.....I close my wallet.

Your team mates DO NOT have an obligation to dodge your torpedoes...YOU have an obligation not to launch them where your team mates would be forced to dodge them or be hit.  Example from last week:  I am in a destroyer and have 3 enemy ships in close proximity.  I am smoking, launching my torps, dodging incoming torps, and doing my best to stay alive.  Suddenly I get hit from a friendly torpedo in my backside.  The torpedo ping was already going off because of red torps, so I had no idea friendly torps were also inbound.  I didn't have time to read the chat (no warning there, anyway), and although I did know a friendly DD was behind me I certainly didn't have the time to watch him while dodging enemy fire.  Oh, and yes, he blamed me for not getting out of the way.  :Smile_facepalm:

I may actually be okay with all team damage being reflected onto the shooter rather than the team mate.  I can't see any negative side effects of that.

However, if you got a 45 game pink penalty, you have a real problem with watching where you fire your weapons!  I have been pink twice, for 5 games each, in almost 5,000 Random games.  It sounds like you take responsibility for your mistakes sometimes, but you need to own more of them.

Edited by desmo_2

[O_O]
Members
7,894 posts
22,076 battles
13 minutes ago, 440951Tterribilis said:

But if  i launch a torp at an enemy ship and there are NO team ships in view or on radar....but then half way through that torpedoes flight path, a team ship just APPEARS, which  happens more than you 'd think to DD pilots......that's not my fault.

Team mates are not concealed from each other.  ALL of your team is visible on the mini-map at all times. 

• Cool 1

Members
23 posts
9,535 battles

I've spent 100 dollars.    I bought a war chest when i first started playing.
And, i'd gladly spend another 100, and keep spending,   if i didn't feel like i was being cheated out of what i purchase with TKP.

THAT is my whole point...it's not that i'm pink half the time.   In fact, i often score better and b=get better EXP  when i AM  pink.
My point is that WOWS is putting themselves in the position of punishing the same people that they are trying to get to spend money with them.
That's just not good business.
If Team kill damage were self inflicted only as i explained in my original post......It would take WOWS out of that role as punisher and NOT jeopardize the the cash flow that drives this whole franchise. 
I don't care about being pink.....I ROCK the Pink.      
=)    

Members
23 posts
9,535 battles
20 minutes ago, Apaosha said:

Team kills happen dude pink is the new green.  I've been pink before myself and I'm pretty sure you've been pink too.  I've put many gripe complaints on the forums not as long as this rant but many people who play this game do not use the forums.  Wargaming needs to just start banning the problematic team killers.

The ones that do it just to do it.  But again there is an issue with that, in reality there is no way to tell from a dev or mod stats that it was accidental or on purpose.  Which is viable and why they added WoWs Replays to the game.  If someone team kills you on purpose and they are known to the administrators who answer support tickets.  

All you have to do is submit a ticket with the replay and say yea this guy team killed me on purpose and what not.  They will be sanctioned just the same with the chats when people degrade the game and are being toxic.  So my suggestion is enable WoWs Replays.

Members
23 posts
9,535 battles
6 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Your team mates DO NOT have an obligation to dodge your torpedoes...YOU have an obligation not to launch them where your team mates would be forced to dodge them or be hit.  Example from last week:  I am in a destroyer and have 3 enemy ships in close proximity with.  I am smoking, launching my torps, dodging incoming torps, and doing my best to stay alive.  Suddenly I get hit from a friendly torpedo in my backside.  The torpedo ping was already going off because of red torps, so I had no idea friendly torps were also inbound.  I didn't have time to read the chat (no warning there, anyway), and although I did know a friendly DD was behind me I certainly didn't have the time to watch him while dodging enemy fire.  Oh, and yes, he blamed me for not getting out of the way.  :Smile_facepalm:

I may actually be okay with all team damage being reflected onto the shooter rather than the team mate.  I can't see any negative side effects of that.

However, if you got a 45 game pink penalty, you have a real problem with watching where you fire your weapons!  I have been pink twice, for 5 games each, in almost 5,000 Random games.  It sounds like you take responsibility for your mistakes sometimes, but you need to own more of them.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts
28 minutes ago, 440951Tterribilis said:

I agree ...you're  responsible for your torpedoes.

Allow me to introduce to you a splendid feature of the game.

Found in the lower right hand corner of the screen and adjustable in size, transparency and info... The minimap!

It will always show the location of every player on your team that is still afloat.

Whatever will they think of next?

• Cool 2

Members
23 posts
9,535 battles

Yes,  well that was an unfortunate situation where some guy just opened fire on me at the beginning of a match.
I think he may have just been trying to launch a few over my bow.....but hit me and half killed me , so i was going into battle half dead.
I turned and  half Arsed launched a salvo of torps as a warning, because as you know torps will not actually target your team mates and show you a proper trajectory....but i DID just fling some at him to say ...hey watch your fire...and he took all 3 hard.
My bad.
But again.....if those had only killed ME and not trapped me in TKP for days.....I'd be in the premium shop spending money  right now, not in the forums trying to fix this.
Again...this isn't about ME being pink......it's about WOWS taking on a role where they Punish  their paying customers and whether or not that is a prudent business plan for the future.

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

Just play the game joey . why are you making a stink about being pink anyway ? Just work it off and be done with it that's all joey !  and next time look the other way .   SH_T happens .....

Members
23 posts
9,535 battles

Well, let's say that i go to the premium shop and i purchase 72 hours of premium time,  that gives me increased exp and other advantages.     Then i get trapped in TKP for x amount of matches.   Those advantages, whether they are signals, or camo or premium account time are then stripped away from me,  quite possible for something that was not actually MY fault.  In this scenario  TKP robs me of the premium time that i have purchased, especially where Premium time is time sensitive.  There's no option that i know of that allows you to suspend your premium time, so that it isn't surreptitiously eaten up by TKP.
But again....Fault is not the issue here.....the issue is....
Should a gaming franchise take on the role of punishing the same customers that they are trying to collect revenues from, and is that a wise business plan?

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
4 minutes ago, 440951Tterribilis said:

In this scenario  TKP robs me of the premium time that i have purchased, especially where Premium time is time sensitive.  

Pretty sure this isn't a thing. 

Edited by AspiringCodger

Members
23 posts
9,535 battles
8 minutes ago, Eric_Von_Hess said:

Just play the game joey . why are you making a stink about being pink anyway ? Just work it off and be done with it that's all joey !  and next time look the other way .   SH_T happens .....

[TDD]
Members
1,236 posts
9,516 battles
6 minutes ago, 440951Tterribilis said:

Well, let's say that i go to the premium shop and i purchase 72 hours of premium time,  that gives me increased exp and other advantages.     Then i get trapped in TKP for x amount of matches.   Those advantages, whether they are signals, or camo or premium account time are then stripped away from me,  quite possible for something that was not actually MY fault.  In this scenario  TKP robs me of the premium time that i have purchased, especially where Premium time is time sensitive.  There's no option that i know of that allows you to suspend your premium time, so that it isn't surreptitiously eaten up by TKP.
But again....Fault is not the issue here.....the issue is....
Should a gaming franchise take on the role of punishing the same customers that they are trying to collect revenues from, and is that a wise business plan?

7000+ games and you don't even know how TK penalties work... are you trolling us?

Members
4,535 posts
16,627 battles

Nothing wrong with the way WG punishes TeamKillers.  Leave it alone and just deal with it, paying customer or not.  Just because you're a paying customer does not give you special privilege.