NikoPower

Dev Q+A for 0.6.7 - Ask your questions here!

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

148 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. Have some questions you would like to ask for our 0.6.7 Q+A? Then you are in the right place. Feel free to ask away and we will choose some of the best questions and have them answered for you. Make sure your questions are in by Sunday 5pm Pacific time. 

"Where's the Graf Zepplin at?"

I was actually curious why you guys are sitting on those VERY nice flags you had for the Bismarck campaign. They'd sell killer for ranked.

How is the CV rework coming along? I heard from from somewhere it was going into super test soon. And it was previous said no new premium CVs would be out before the rework was in, but our 3rd one was just announced in as many months.

Is there any way to bring more clarity to how we are rewarded in battle in both experience and credits, being able to see how the breakdown is and how ships are rewarded for their roles (spotting, potential damage, damage)?

Torpedo pillows when? 

Are there any plans to implement some sort of system using icons or text to alert teammates when you use certain consumables, like DF or Hydro/radar. Other than calling things out in chat, it can be next to impossible to know if someone else is using something and whether you should use yours or not. Visual icon with player name over the ship would work fine, Auto-text announcement in chat might work as well, since a lot of players don't think to announce, or are too busy in the middle of a fight to do it.

3 minutes ago, LadyUniPotato said:

Campaign to earn an actual irl Corgi when?

tas22tT.gif

1) Why are Izyaslav's upgraded torpedoes incompatible with its stock WW1 hull, even though they are clearly named 'Model 1912'?

2) This 1:42 scale video about the tier 2 Diana says it has a total of 24 Canet secondary guns. Why does the in-game model have only 12?

3) Gold unification/transfer when?

Posted (edited) · Report post

7 minutes ago, RivertheRoyal said:

-snip

Shhhhh don't question it.  Accept the corgi campaign

giphy.gif

Edited by LadyUniPotato

5 minutes ago, LadyUniPotato said:

Shhhhh don't question it.  Accept the corgi campaign

giphy.gif

Dawwww!

Are you happy with the way the strafe out of fighter lock mechanic? is it here to stay?

Recently German Cruisers just got buffed. Comparing Hind. to Zao, don't you feel zao is too weak now. After a series buff of fire proof on bbs, Zao's he has just 10% chance of lit a fire. And after stealth fire is removed, Zao is no longer safe to shoot with that poor hp although Zao's armor is not bad. Zao's F3 torpedo is better than Hind's but the shooting angle is way smaller. If Zao wants to cqc a target, she needs to show her broadside before launching torp. And considering concealment is no longer that useful, poor rudder comparing to Des Moines and poor AA comparing to another 3 cruisers except HIV. Zao's position in T10 game is really embarrassing now.

Does 0.6.7 fix the bug preventing .MP3 support for voice mods?
No... it didn't.... will you ever address this issue?

I would like to see a rework of how AA from surface ships effects Carrier planes. Currently getting attack by a T6/7 Carrier is manageable, I know the CV is going to do damage to me but I know I'll take some planes from him. 

However If I'm attacked by a T9/10 CV and don't have Defensive fire I'm pretty sure I'm going to die. Getting One shot nuked by these CV's isn't fun. And this is my problem with CV's.

If I'm in an Atlanta I can shred T5/6/7 [except for Saipan] planes all day. But get attacked by T8 or T9 CVs and I struggle to do any meaningful damage against those planes. Same applies to my few battleships. If my Tirpitz is attack by a T8 or lower CV I might take damage but my match isn't over. But if its a T9/10 CV coming at me than its game over and back to port. I don't want AA buff'd to insane levels and I not asking for Carriers nurf'd into the ground. I just want my AA to have a fair fight against what ever tier Carrier is attacking me. 

Can you make it so a Carrier who is bottom tier in a match still has a chance to do damage while giving surface ships a chance against a Carrier who is two tiers above them?

Curious about RN carriers.  The RN never used Dive bombers and yet they used their Torpedo bombers for Dropping depth charges for ASW as well as bombers for shore attacks. Will this be applied in game.?

Just now, Apaosha said:

Fix Match making tier 7 being thrown into a tier 10 match is getting ridiculous it is starting to drive me insane fix it before it comes down to ending up like world of warplanes and world of tanks.  Mid tier means 5 to 8 not 7 to 10.

MM wont put a t7 in a t10 match unless he/she is divisioned with a t8

Why wouldn't WG want to expand its official wiki beyond Russian and English? After all, I doubt the running costs of the server would be that much more drastic for what surmounts to text and shared set of images and data. Pretty much all the work done on it is by volunteers.

How are you planning to overhaul CV/AA gameplay, if at all?

Do you not think 2CV matches in T4~7 cause severe player frustration and result in retention issues?

Posted (edited) · Report post

1) Will you provide the ability to manually control national order in the port ship-carousel?

2) Can it be made such that the upcoming HSF Graf Spee will simply appear as "Graf Spee" when the special HSF camo is not in use? 

3) Are there currently plans to release the Alaska as a premium and if so is work on this underway? 

Edited by Heinirch_kohl

Hello,

I have three questions:

1) Will the Admiral Hipper and Prinz Eugen get a slight DPM buff?

2) Will we ever get a Kriegsmarine Port?

3) Do you have any plans to make it easier for flag mod makers to be able to auto-select period flags for a given ship (eg: Hochseeflotte vs Reichsmarine vs Kriegsmarine).

Thank you,

Fafnir_6

31 minutes ago, Apaosha said:

Wrong I get thrown into them because of match making dumps all the time. If you play any tier 7 ship you can and have a high chance of getting into a tier 7 to 10 match chances are greater if the player population base is low. So yea that needs to be fixed.

That shouldn't even be possible though

Do you have screenshots at least?

34 minutes ago, Apaosha said:

Wrong I get thrown into them because of match making dumps all the time. If you play any tier 7 ship you can and have a high chance of getting into a tier 7 to 10 match chances are greater if the player population base is low. So yea that needs to be fixed.

No, T7 will never see T10, unless, as mentioned, you fail division with a T8. That's how it's been since I've started playing last year, and before. T9, yes. CO in T9 is not fun. But it's never going to see T10. I want a screen shot of a T7 in T10 to believe that still happens. (WOWs, recent, not divisioned).

As for the devs: First, good job so far, the game's not perfect, but overall it's very good.

Someone mentioned team notification of when consumables are in use, I think that's a very good idea. Maybe even notification for the team of what consumables you have (i.e. hydro vs DF).

Also, in chat, add the ship to the player name. When some random player says he's going somewhere, I have to take a close look around to see who he is. If the ship is there, a glance at the mini-map tells me what I need to know.

Finally, please add smoke screen timers for EVERY ship in the cloud, not just the one who laid it. I don't play smoke ships, but often I borrow smokes. Players are pretty good about telling me how long the smoke will last, but it'd be nice to have the timer myself. If not this, then maybe an automatic chat notification of the smoke screen being laid, and how long it will last, or the battle time it will expire.

When is the promised USN CV revamp along with addition of AP bomb into tech tree USN CVs going to come?

Is it already being worked on?

Carrier-related questions!

1: How much thought have you given to mechanics that improve the air-to-air experience for carriers? Fighters are rather boring to run even when you do well. Some considerations I've come up with include the introduction of drifting cloud banks that hide fighters (but not bombers) and allow for ambushes. Strafe is something, but with the possibility of manual attacks being removed in all tiers, clouds will allow for some skill to remain in the air-to-air game between carriers. Bombers have to avoid them... but what if ships are near them because clouds also help surface ships vs bombers, providing incentives for ships to follow these moving cloud banks?

2: Any thought to equalizing the numbers of squadrons (and planes per squadron) between USN and IJN line carriers? I feel like the disparity is a huge influence on the imbalance between these lines. US carriers are just not versatile enough to keep up with the IJN, despite the weaker Japanese planes.

3: More of a proposal, but I was inspired by looking up the Iceland volcano eruption a few years ago-- What if the volcano on Solomons was active? It could periodically spew out a large black cloud that airplanes cannot enter, which would cover the area over and around the B cap. This could provide incentive for teams to secure the B cap so they could use this smoke cloud to their advantage, and result in less "ring around the rosey" style games on this map. The volcano idea could appear on other maps as well, but should only provide cover in an "equal" fashion to either side. The Solomons volcano cloud blowing over the B cap is an example of what I mean.

Matchmaker! (I know you were dreading this one)

With the introduction of Operations for tier 5-6 ships, I personally have been using Operations to grind my tier 5-6 ships instead of Randoms. This is largely because Random tier 5-6 is so punishing due to the current state of matchmaking for those tiers. Scientifically gathered data indicates a tier 5 ship spends 60-70% of its games bottom tier vs tier 7 ships and, while tier 5 ships CAN perform at this level, doing this so very often is very tiring. I'd really like you guys to revisit the matchmaking at mid-tiers and consider how this is affecting player retention.

Have you given any serious consideration to treating all tiers the same? If you insist on +/-1 Tier matchmaking for tiers 2-4, why not implement this change in tiers 5-10? Much smaller games like Fractured Space manage this with no real meaningful increase in queue times, after all. And it's a big hit in your own property, World of Tanks: Blitz.