You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_MbpaxbbAUblh

What does "damage upon spotting" mean?

15 comments in this topic

Members
44 posts
72 battles

You spot a enemy ship.

a friendly battleship proceeds to delete that ship from existence.

the damage they took by the battleship will accredit some sort of reward to YOU because that was damage inflicted on a target you are spotting.

Members
589 posts
1 minute ago, The_Necroposter said:

You spot a enemy ship.

a friendly battleship proceeds to delete that ship from existence.

the damage they took by the battleship will accredit some sort of reward to YOU because that was damage inflicted on a target you are spotting.

ok thanks for letting know!

Members
44 posts
72 battles
1 minute ago, zuga_01 said:

What do you mean I dont get it?

it's a joke.

jesus now i feel old.

in the old days when dinner and show was a thing, the entertainers, upon wrapping up their performances would usaully say something like "don't forget to tip your waitress and try the veal," or "i'm here all week, try the veal"

• Cool 1

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles
6 minutes ago, The_Necroposter said:

it's a joke.

jesus now i feel old.

in the old days when dinner and show was a thing, the entertainers, upon wrapping up their performances would usaully say something like "don't forget to tip your waitress and try the veal," or "i'm here all week, try the veal"

I gotcha 100% :Smile_honoring:

Members
589 posts
2 minutes ago, The_Necroposter said:

it's a joke.

jesus now i feel old.

lol ok.I am not a westerner so no idea.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

Try clicking the green up arrow in the lower right of his post.

Members
1,684 posts
20,010 battles

Relevant for this fortnights yamamoto missions:

Is there a window of time after I've spotted a target that the damage has to occur in?

If I spot a battleship and two minutes later someone finally shoots it - does this count?

Does it only count the first time I spot something? What if the ship goes undetected, then I spot it again and it gets damaged. Is that damage upon my spotting?

I play a lot of DDs but my damage upon spotting record is 144k in the Montana. How the eff?

Edited by SalvoSanta

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
226 posts
11,858 battles
28 minutes ago, SalvoSanta said:

Relevant for this fortnights yamamoto missions:

Is there a window of time after I've spotted a target that the damage has to occur in?

If I spot a battleship and two minutes later someone finally shoots it - does this count?

Does it only count the first time I spot something? What if the ship goes undetected, then I spot it again and it gets damaged. Is that damage upon my spotting?

I play a lot of DDs but my damage upon spotting record is 144k in the Montana. How the eff?

you only get spotting points by spotting a target no one else is spotting and they are damaged while you maintain sight on the target if they go undetected and then you resume spotting them and they get hit you will receive the points as long as you are the only one spotting it.... im pretty sure 

edit also for your spotting record it might be you where the only one spotting and allies where assisting you by shooting your nearby targets maybe ...

Edited by Yvonne_Swanson

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

When an ally damages a ship that you can see but he can't, you get "damage by spotting" credit, along with everybody else who can see that ship.

• Cool 1