Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
poopoofoofoo

MY British Battleship Tree

4 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
4,469 battles

Below are my ideas for a British battleship tech tree, taking into account balance and historical accuracy. 

Tier III- HMS Dreadnought

Why: First dreadnought type battleship used by the RN, USN, IJN and German Navy all have their first dreadnoughts at tier 3.

Tier IV- Collosus Class

Why: Just like the USS Wyoming, the Collosus class were the last battleships built by the RN that mounted 12 inch guns as primary armament.

Tier V- Iron Duke class

Why: Just like SMS Konig class at tier V, the Iron Dukes were the last RN ships to mount guns smaller than 15 inches

Tier VI- Queen Elizabeth class

Why: the HMS Warspite (a member of the Queen Elizabeth class) already sits at tier 6 and there was great variation between the 5 ships in the class, meaning the Queen Elizabeth could have a different playstyle.

Tier VII option 1- Nelson Class

Why: The Nelsons are similar to the USS Colorado, well armored and armed but slow. If KGV at tier 7 then Nelson class should be premium.

Tier VII option 2- King George V class

Why: KGVs historical 14 inch guns would be quite bad at tier 8 and would not be all that excellent at tier 7 either, but its speed and armor would be outstanding. It would definitely be a harder ship to balance at tier 7 with its armor/speed/firepower combination, but I could see it playing similarly to a Scharnhorst.

Tier VIII option 1- HMS Vanguard

Why: HMS Vanguard was the last battleship commissioned into RN service and the last battleship commissioned anywhere in the world. While I believe Wargaming will make it premium and have KGV at tier 8, the KGV at tier 8 with 15 inch guns won't be much different than HMS Vanguard, and as a result I believe Vanguard should be the tier 8 RN BB. 

Tier VIII option 2- King George V class

Why: King George V has 15 inch guns on the test server and is easier to balance at tier 8, however I think having the Vanguard at tier 8 makes more sense.

Tier IX- Lion Class

Why: the Lion class is broadly similar to the Iowa class, being slower but better armored.

Tier X option 1- Whatever the test server had

Why: I can't find anything after the Lion class that would be comparable to the Yamato/Montana/Grosser Kurfurst

Tier X option 2- N3 class

Why: the N3 class was the RN's only attempt at a "super battleship" that I can find, and its 18 inch guns would be very powerful along with its armor. It would be very difficult to balance however, because it could only make 23 knots and at 48,000 tons, it would have a very low amount of hitpoints. This could be negated by giving it an extra charge on the Repair Party and giving it the British cruiser heal. If implemented, this could be the most unique tier X battleship ingame.

Just my thoughts, if anything has been confirmed or denied that I put down I apologize.

Edited by poopoofoofoo

Members, Alpha Tester
57 posts
34 battles
2 minutes ago, poopoofoofoo said:

Tier X option 2- G3 class

Why: the G3 class was the RN's only attempt at a "super battleship" that I can find, and its 18 inch guns would be very powerful along with its armor. It would be very difficult to balance however, because it could only make 23 knots and at 48,000 tons, it would have a very low amount of hitpoints. This could be negated by giving it an extra charge on the Repair Party and giving it the British cruiser heal. If implemented, this could be the most unique tier X battleship ingame.

G3 is the next step from the HMS Hood(in game T-7). It's in no way suitable for T-X. L3/LIII on the other hand... still, they are somewhat weak but they are better than G3 for that role.

Members
29 posts
4,469 battles
20 minutes ago, ArdRaeiss said:

G3 is the next step from the HMS Hood(in game T-7). It's in no way suitable for T-X. L3/LIII on the other hand... still, they are somewhat weak but they are better than G3 for that role.

My mistake, I meant N3 class battleship, not G3 class battlecruiser. Edited above.

Members
1,343 posts
3,378 battles
30 minutes ago, ArdRaeiss said:

Actually, J3 is the next step up from HMS Hood. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J3_Class_battlecruiser

She is quite suitable for Tier 8.

Sign in to follow this