Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,088 battles

THX to

fougie81

Meaty_Bites

BB24

Skonos

SlowLife

Tiggers_65

Excellent teamplay so we could got this direct after the new weekly operation starts

K1Czyid.jpg

• Cool 3

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,623 battles

Nice! Name but no shame here. +1

Edit: I'd like to add the Name and Fame. Thanks to this team we "Got 'er done".

shot-17_06.21_09_57.27-0031.jpg.fe2c0176e090a821d571c351234ca983.jpg         shot-17_06.21_09_58.12-0071.jpg.b2174bfe99ab2460d11c6bfd372b63d5.jpg

Edited by Khafni
Added content.
  • Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,100 battles

I think of it as "Naming and Faming".

Well done.

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

Congratulations....any strategy tips that you'd like to share?  Also I have one specific question.  Do you only need to get one of your team's ships to the designated withdrawal area or all of the ships that are still alive (and is the withdrawal area near D1)?

Members
192 posts
16,383 battles

Ok, I've played  - and lost - this twice now.  My observations are:

1.  DD's aren't really needed - same as other weekly ops, its hard for them to contribute much - really no need for smoke at all!  Same with CV's - they don't move fast enough and torp planes can only attack enemy ships, not the shore points, so if you are planning on being a CV, I'd have as many DB's as possible.

2.  Their ships are weak, fairly easy to kill, t3 and t4's for the most part - which is a good thing!

3.  Once its time to leave - everyone needs to start moving to the exit point - you have to get, I think its half or a 3rd of the surviving ships to exit point - last match I was last one alive, and just before they got me (there's an ambush waiting for you - again t3 and t4, but if you are all that's left....) and if there is only 1 ship left, I'm pretty sure you lose.  Also, the exit point changes location.

As to my suggestions on what ships to use - I tried it in a cleveland my 1st go round, helped alot with keeping their CV's off you - there are 3 - a hosho at the start and he's in port and not moving - didn't see the other 2 in my first round, they come as reinforcements, 2nd round it was a zuiho and hosho - back at the ambush spot - lots of torps being fired at you at the end.  Cleveland was also my choice because of rate of fire.  2nd round I used my Spee - did well with it - partly because I knew what to expect, also it hits harder, and has torps which I did use against their supply ships and the CV and BB that are in port (not moving).  Also has repair party, which is useful.  My 2nd round had 3 BB's on my side, a Bey and 2 NM's they did well, and helped too, so I'd say quicker firing ships is a plus!  May try my Dunk next and see how we do with that!

Anyway, just my opinion so take it at what its worth.  I think if you have a solid team that plays as a team it will work!

Members
1,494 posts
12,756 battles

I was actually thinking of bringing my Fujin with the TAE and Adrenaline Rush to reduce torp reload ~40 seconds and with CE my detection is only 5.4KM so I was thinking I would have a decent shot (with smoke and speed boost) of making it to the withdrawal point.  I remember in Operation Aegis that only one of the convoy ships needed to make it to the exit point to end the battle so I am hoping only 1 ship needs to make it in Killer Whale (as long as you have 3 additional ships survive).

I was also thinking that the Fujin torps would be a significant advantage clearing out the enemy port ships.

[WOLF5]
Members
954 posts
49,371 battles

Just finished it. Got 3 stars with the Budy the first go around and 5 with the Cleveland second time thru. To me the hardest parts of getting all 5 stars is killing the 2 carriers followed by killing the 4 ships of the first/second group. The other 3 objectives as long as your team has enough DPM are easy. 

The main difficulty here is that the CVs are near your spawn point. If you don't kill everything in the base quick, it's hard to get back outside to kill the CV's and still have time. Now to get to the CV's you've got to kill the 2 DD's that are end up in the middle gap. The other 2 ships were behind the island to the NE of the gap so you've got to have someone go outside to kill them. As long as you position correctly, those secondary objectives can be done, but the ships that go outside of the ring islands are going to have a hard time surviving since the 3rd wave (even though it's low tiers) has enough fire power that you can't take them out with just 1 or 2 ships, kill the ones you have to and survive. 

Half of your team (needs to survive) and at least half of the surviving ships need to enter the green circle to end the op. I died taking out the CV's but ended up 1st on them with 1931 base xp, 6 kills, 18 planes shot down, 134K ship damage + another 130k+ installation damage (since it's not totaled). Here's the scary part, 9k secondary battery on 19/144 shells in a Cleveland and tanked 600k potential damage. Hopefully everyone does this, but when you're going after the CVs, light one on fire, then switch targets. If they're both on fire and can't launch, it makes the team survival much easier. Don't get target fixated and try to kill one while letting the other one launch planes. 

Brit CL's I won't say are pointless, but their AP just doesn't damage the forts/installations so they are really a disadvantage in the opening part. (IF)HE on the budy/cleveland on the other hand takes out a fort in around 35-40 shells. Not sure if IFHE makes a difference there since I've speced for it, but it does let me take out a fort in 4 salvos (about 30s). 

Edited by h9k_a

Sign in to follow this