You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GasolineDream

The Transatlantic Flag

11 comments in this topic

[2UNA]
Members
64 posts
14,138 battles

I did several searches and didnt see anything about this so I figured I would share.

I just received the "Transatlantic Commemorative Flag" I dont know anything about it (or how I got it) other than what is listed in the description in game. The description states "For those who have participated in our community and made it more awesome" 

The WOWS wiki lists it as a NA & EU community flag but no details. 

Anyway, pretty cool flag! I just wanted to say thank you for the new eye candy!  

Transatlantic flag.jpg

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

Did you participate or vote in the NA-EU Model Building Contest? They were going to give out that flag to anyone who voted if the contest received more than 1000 votes.

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles

I don't want to be that guy but wouldn't the stripes be on the left and the EU flag be on the right...?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

why would they do the flag that way?

Also, that's a nifty looking flag, wish I'd have voted lol

Members
1,507 posts
1,138 battles
27 minutes ago, StrixKitty said:

I don't want to be that guy but wouldn't the stripes be on the left and the EU flag be on the right...?

Not if you're in Russia

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles
1 minute ago, More_Witches said:

Not if you're in Russia

I expected something like that to come my way.

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles
3 hours ago, StrixKitty said:

Looks backwards to me:

B25bsnB.jpg?1

Just from what I've observed, in the US portion of a mixed flag it's the blue star field that's prominent. Seeing the stripes on the left instead is messing with me, as I'd expect them on the right. The blue anchor isn't helping as I keep seeing it as a substitute star field.

Also, I don't know if maybe it's a difference in teaching geography, since maps of Russia have Europe on the left and the US (Alaska) to the right

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles
1 minute ago, PelicanHazard said:

Looks backwards to me:

B25bsnB.jpg?1

Just from what I've observed, in the US portion of a mixed flag it's the blue star field that's prominent. Seeing the stripes on the left instead is messing with me, as I'd expect them on the right. The blue anchor isn't helping as I keep seeing it as a substitute star field.

Also, I don't know if maybe it's a difference in teaching geography, since maps of Russia have Europe on the left and the US (Alaska) to the right

Hey you're the one that made that ancient IJN Patrol Boat No. 102 thread! Inspired me to make one of my own recently.

Anyway,

Now that I read that, it all makes sense now...

Members
1,507 posts
1,138 battles
5 minutes ago, StrixKitty said:

Hey you're the one that made that ancient IJN Patrol Boat No. 102 thread! Inspired me to make one of my own recently.

Anyway,

Now that I read that, it all makes sense now...

That's more or less what I was saying, on a world map that puts Russia in the middle, Europe would be to the west (left) and the US would be to the east (right)

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles
4 minutes ago, More_Witches said:

That's more or less what I was saying, on a world map that puts Russia in the middle, Europe would be to the west (left) and the US would be to the east (right)

It for some reason didn't register that Belarus - Russia - was the center of WG attention for some dumb reason.