Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Buzzardsluck

Close up shots, control freezing up.

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

86
[NBNG]
Members
418 posts
17,294 battles

Anyone having this issue? Anytime I zoom in for shot, my controls freeze up. I am frantic pressing button and then it all of sudden comes back. is this a memory or slow internet issue. Never had this problem up to a couple of patches ago. Maybe 2 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,754
Members
6,885 posts
14,847 battles

Could be any number of things from lag to packet loss and temp desync are a couple of the potential few possibilites.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[NBNG]
Members
418 posts
17,294 battles

Thank you only happens when zooming in for close up shooting. I am wondering if it is lag. I do not run replay. Thank you for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
125
[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
375 posts
9,876 battles

I have noticed this too. When zooming there seems to be a few seconds where the zoom "sticks" and is jumpy, then if you stay zoomed in smooths out. It is particularly pronounced for me when playing CVs. I have tried turning all my settings to low, but that only lessens the issue --- and no, I no longer use any mods and yes, I keep my video drives updated. 

If you come up with a solution please post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[NBNG]
Members
418 posts
17,294 battles
8 hours ago, Abo89 said:

What ship?

Mostly my Arizona because I have been playing that a lot. Not with my Russian cruiser Chappy though that I have noticed, but that is not a close up fighter if I can help it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,382
[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
11,735 battles

It's probably just nerves. Don't worry, you'll eventually toughen up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,431
[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

During particular parts of the day I have ping fluctuations followed by massive spikes and inability to shoot when I zoom in because of the delay, server issues.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[NBNG]
Members
418 posts
17,294 battles
1 hour ago, Lensar said:

It's probably just nerves. Don't worry, you'll eventually toughen up!

Let me know when you get there. Not impressed by your nerves.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[NBNG]
Members
418 posts
17,294 battles
1 hour ago, m373x said:

During particular parts of the day I have ping fluctuations followed by massive spikes and inability to shoot when I zoom in because of the delay, server issues.

I have minimized everything without making the game unenjoyable. I think this must be the issue and thank you for the response. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
165
Members
1,464 posts
806 battles
1 hour ago, Buzzardsluck said:

Mostly my Arizona because I have been playing that a lot. Not with my Russian cruiser Chappy though that I have noticed, but that is not a close up fighter if I can help it. 

NOT saying for sure, but those guns move so slow that any variation in your course will make it so they are no longer on target. Not on target you can't shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
86
[NBNG]
Members
418 posts
17,294 battles
4 minutes ago, Abo89 said:

NOT saying for sure, but those guns move so slow that any variation in your course will make it so they are no longer on target. Not on target you can't shoot.

I know it is not that. When the little bubble in the middle is green, they are ready to shoot. AND all controls freeze. Not a brain surgeon, but not a dope either. I think M373x has the answer.

 

Edited by Buzzardsluck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
165
Members
1,464 posts
806 battles
Just now, Buzzardsluck said:

I know it is not that. When the little bubble in the middle is green, they are ready to shoot. AND all controls freeze. Not a brain surgeon, but not a dope either. 

I'm color blind so it took me a long time to realize lol. You never know. It's somethings small that I think a lot of people sometimes don't notice. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×