Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
orangeandblue

Shameless brag post: Best personal game in Ognevoi

15 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,982 posts
3,253 battles

My personal best? 67K when it was a tier 6...

I'm having trouble playing mine, just wish it was a better ship.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

not bad at all.

Members
1,480 posts
8,824 battles

I played the Ognevoi back when it was tier 6 and before Wargaming buffed the hitpoints on DD's and CL's turrets so I'm pretty sure my personal best game was just one where I made it all the way to the end of the game with both turrets still intact.  It probably happened at least once.

Edited by Vaidency
  • Cool 1

Members
475 posts
6,507 battles

It's more fun to play IMO now that the torps are 10km. Much easier to set up torp attack runs behind islands, etc.

Members
475 posts
6,507 battles
13 hours ago, Ajax_the_Great1 said:

Needs more than 7 gun hits.

Still mostly stock Ognevoi so I don't have the extra little bit of reach for the guns. Still, with the extra torp range and lengthy loss of concealment when firing main batteries I don't fire guns much unless knife fighting with another DD.

Beta Testers
1,817 posts
6,670 battles

Congratulations. I like to see positivity rather than people pouring salt into their wounds.

[SCOM]
Members
323 posts
11,868 battles

Nice game!!

I am also grinding the Ognevoi, as if once was not enough.  I find it a bit of an odd boat, I do decent in it but I always feel like I am not doing much.  It has great stealth for a Rusky, but the guns just feel underwhelming.  The 5 torp spreads are nice for capping though, good coverage for any smoke cloud. 

Last night I burned down a Grosse after he used his repair from my sea mine flooding.  He went off on how it was a cheap kill.  Sorry but any kill in the Ognevoi is not cheap.  It makes you work for damage.

Keep up the good work!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Good game! I could never "get" T8 Ognevoi. I fully upgraded her and fxp'd the rest, she was not clicking with me.

[WOLF7]
Members
236 posts
8,282 battles

A Stock Ognevoi is a pain, but once u upgrade It and do a concealment build, It shines. People are struggling with it because they want to play it like a gunboat, while should be playing more like an IJN. I did the same mistake when i got her.

Sign in to follow this